Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Switchblade" law repealed... What to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I maybe just pulling this shit out of my ass, but I think benchmade borrowed my bare aluminum skin idea.
    I had never seen it before I did mine. I've sent it in twice for warranty work since then.

Now I'm seeing several bare aluminum benchmades pop up..
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

I've never had a switchblade, but my Kershaw Blackout opened completely once while clipped on my belt. Could have easily gutted me. I'd certainly trust a switchblade with some kind of lock more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
        I've never had a switchblade, but my Kershaw Blackout opened completely once while clipped on my belt. Could have easily gutted me. I'd certainly trust a switchblade with some kind of lock more than that.
        I've had kershaws do the same thing, they work well, but the design is a little flawed. The benchmades are very difficult to accidentally open.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
          I've had kershaws do the same thing, they work well, but the design is a little flawed. The benchmades are very difficult to accidentally open.
          The axis locks on the benchmades are great.

Comment

Maybe y'all can help... I don't really need, or even want, an automatic knife, but a good assisted-open EDC knife is a nice thing to have. I used to carry a SOG Twitch II drop-point, because I liked the mechanism, the safety, and how slim it was. Then I lost it. The only thing I hated about it was that it was a lock-back instead of a liner-lock. I prefer liner-lock for convenience. So if anyone has any recommendations on a slim, assisted-open, EDC knife like the SOG Twitch II but that has a liner-lock, let me know.

Picture of Twitch II for reference:

Comment

I really dig my benchmade 531. Slim, light and it has the axis lock which can be operated easily with one hand. Not spring assisted, but with the axis lock you don't really need it to be.

It's a great front pocket carry knife.

Only website I could find that my works filter wouldn't stop was:

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
                I maybe just pulling this shit out of my ass, but I think benchmade borrowed my bare aluminum skin idea.
                I had never seen it before I did mine. I've sent it in twice for warranty work since then.

Now I'm seeing several bare aluminum benchmades pop up..
                Infidel? The bare aluminum version of it is an anniversary piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  I really dig my benchmade 531. Slim, light and it has the axis lock which can be operated easily with one hand. Not spring assisted, but with the axis lock you don't really need it to be.

It's a great front pocket carry knife.

Only website I could find that my works filter wouldn't stop was:

https://www.knifecenter.com/item/BM5...de-g10-handles
                  Yeah, it's not bad. I do back pocket carry, though, hence the need for something really slim like the Twitch II.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    Yeah, it's not bad. I do back pocket carry, though, hence the need for something really slim like the Twitch II.
                    Handle Thickness: 0.370"

How thick is the twitch II?

Comment

Handle Thickness: 0.370"

How thick is the twitch II?
                      Actually not that much thinner, at 0.3125" (5/16").

I'll have to see if I can go fondle one of those somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                        Actually not that much thinner, at 0.3125" (5/16").

I'll have to see if I can go fondle one of those somewhere.
                        I dig it. I gave one to Matt and Jeff for their birthdays. The G10 handle is really tactile.

You can fondle mine any time, .

Comment

I dig it. I gave one to Matt and Jeff for their birthdays. The G10 handle is really tactile.

You can fondle mine any time, .
                          I settled on the Kershaw Cryo for now. It was only $22 on Amazon, so if I don't like it, I'll start looking again.

Comment

My go to pocket carry at the moment is my Arcane. I also have a Twitch, and the Arcane has much smoother opening, so the smaller flipper extension isn't an issue, and it comes out of the pocket a bit smoother as well. Perfect size IMO, but a little larger than the twitch.

My only minor complaint is that the scales are totally smooth, which is great for pocket feel, but you've got to make sure you have a good grip on it.

My Emissary solves the slick handle problem, but it's also slightly bigger, and has studs instead of being a flipper. Nice quick and smooth action all the same. The 470 looks to be a smaller version, if that's your preference.

Comment

Comment

Daddy wants!

Comment

Working...
                                X