No announcement yet.

black2002ls Model Car Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A quick shot of the mini mustang. Still have some polishing left to do before it gets assembled.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I'm calling this one done. Wimbledon white with kit decals, Advantage 545 clear, polished, topped with collinite 915.

The only thing left to debate is whether to leave the good year tire letters black or paint them white...

Comment

I was at hobby lobby earlier and found a Foxbody mustang drag car kit!

Edit- I have pics but I can’t upload them.
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

This little guy is ready for the contest table and then ebay!

Comment

The 50 Ford is also pretty close. The biggest task is re-clearing the body. I wish I had taken steps to lower it just a bit. The front will sit lower once it is all assembled.

Comment

Here is a quick rebuilder. This was black with a poor attempt at candy blue flames. This color is storm gray metallic. I'll have to get some exterior shots to really show off the paint work. Exterior chrome is all painted satin black. I'm still undecided on wheels and interior color.

Last edited by black2002ls; 07-10-2018, 08:11 AM.

Comment

My favorite colors

Comment

I am now registered for the State Fair of Texas. I am only allowed one entry per class. The only two classes that I have entries for are Kit-wheeled vehicle and Kit-conversion.

From the way I understand the rules, kit-Conversion is where my Denny Hamlin car will have to be entered, though I have e-mailed for clarification. If this is the case, I will submit two entries, the Denny Hamlin car, as well as another build, though I'm not sure which one at this point. I believe they only display 1-3rd place at the fair, so if I place, you guys will be able to see the race car in person at the fair!

Comment

Well, I didn't make Houston this weekend. After driving through H-town to Galveston on Friday, I decided I didn't want to mess with that traffic to and from Spring for the show on Saturday. A full weekend with my wife, son, and some of our best friends was a much better choice!

With that, my show/competition circuit for 2018 is over! The Denny Hamlin car and my 2002 Camaro will both go to the State Fair for the Creative Arts contest. If they place in their category, they will be on display during the fair. I will be sending a lot of the builds I have completed over the last 6 months to ebay. If something interests you, let me know, or watch it there. The 1/32 GT-350 is the first to go!

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      Well, I didn't make Houston this weekend. After driving through H-town to Galveston on Friday, I decided I didn't want to mess with that traffic to and from Spring for the show on Saturday. A full weekend with my wife, son, and some of our best friends was a much better choice!

With that, my show/competition circuit for 2018 is over! The Denny Hamlin car and my 2002 Camaro will both go to the State Fair for the Creative Arts contest. If they place in their category, they will be on display during the fair. I will be sending a lot of the builds I have completed over the last 6 months to ebay. If something interests you, let me know, or watch it there. The 1/32 GT-350 is the first to go!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192606018634
                      Sweet job spending time with the wife and kids. We are headed to Galveston in a few weeks since our girl said she wants to go to the beach. You’ll do well at the state fair. Let us know where the exhibit is so we can check it out. The split window Vette would be super popular.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        Sweet job spending time with the wife and kids. We are headed to Galveston in a few weeks since our girl said she wants to go to the beach. You’ll do well at the state fair. Let us know where the exhibit is so we can check it out. The split window Vette would be super popular.
                        Unfortunately, they only allow one entry per category! The split window is VERY basic. It was built to compete in a curbside class, where they are judged from their appearance on the table, no engine detail or chassis detail is considered. Basically, it is a shelf piece, it has no engine and the oversized wheels/tires are cut on the top to fit and super glued in, as it has no suspension or axles! My 2002 Camaro is about the best well rounded box stock build that I have, I need to take care of a few decals, if I can find them.

Comment

I've now added my T-bird to the ebay auctions. Trying a different format for this one using buy it now with a Best Offer option. Still trying to guage the market for these things. I will probably end up sitting on them for a while until the right buyer comes along. I've had my Dale Earnhardt Silver Select build on there for several months now and the only offer I have gotten that was acceptable, the buyer never paid.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            I've now added my T-bird to the ebay auctions. Trying a different format for this one using buy it now with a Best Offer option. Still trying to guage the market for these things. I will probably end up sitting on them for a while until the right buyer comes along. I've had my Dale Earnhardt Silver Select build on there for several months now and the only offer I have gotten that was acceptable, the buyer never paid.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192609176855
                            Just a little constructive criticism if you don't mind. Your builds look good but are not really showing that in the pictures you posted on your auctions. Kinda hard to see the detail you have in them. Back when I was selling models on ebay I used a plain white poster board rolled into a "C" shape and a garage work light to illuminate everything. You won't lose anything to the shadows or darkness that way. Just trying to help so hopefully no hard feelings. Honestly seeing yours is making me want to dig my stuff out and build again.

Comment

Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
                              Just a little constructive criticism if you don't mind. Your builds look good but are not really showing that in the pictures you posted on your auctions. Kinda hard to see the detail you have in them. Back when I was selling models on ebay I used a plain white poster board rolled into a "C" shape and a garage work light to illuminate everything. You won't lose anything to the shadows or darkness that way. Just trying to help so hopefully no hard feelings. Honestly seeing yours is making me want to dig my stuff out and build again.
                              Thanks! I posted them on a whim, with pics I had on my phone, with the intent of updating them and haven't.

Edit: Surprisingly, the T-bird sold overnight!

Last edited by black2002ls; 07-26-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Oh, I was also convinced by a fellow modeller to tweet Denny Hamlin to see if I got a response with my racecar. If you are in the twitterverse, feel free to follow me, comment, and retweet

Comment

Working...
                                X