DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:29 PM   #161
line-em-up
N Memory of Mike 12/27/14

Because of the magnitude of the issue we're facing, I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but if they think they will make this a regular practice, then people will start dying of lead poisoning because I won't play their games. I'll see what they do as far as enacting laws before I get too bent out of shape over it..
line-em-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:03 AM   #162
The King
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon/xpm View Post
I feel bad for my next door neighbor. She has like 3 to 4 signs on her door warning to stay away because of the Corona Virus. She is elderly and has pre existing conditions. Just saw the apartment complex threatening to kick her out because she clogged the sewer pipes because she is scared to leave her apartment or interact with anyone. Just flushing anything and everything down the toilets instead of taking it to the trash can or have someone do it for her. Plenty of people have volunteer but the pure fear has got her. Crazy world we live in.
That's the shame, she is self-isolating and the apartment managers are on the warpath. Weren't forced evictions halted by Judge Jenkins in Dallas County (assuming this in Dallas County) for 2 months or so?
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:13 AM   #163
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
It does all feel very Orwellian. Gov’t only grows. That’s for certain. You ever see it shrink or laws / regulations removed or deleted?
Here and there... sometimes. There are times that they view some things to be more of a pain than they're worth. Also if you look closely, sometimes technology will dry them up. It has happened that something comes along and makes a lot of government employees and offices obsolete. And really, the less of them around, the better. Any reduction in their numbers is a good thing for us. But I agree it's definitely uncommon.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:24 PM   #164
GhostTX
Token Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip McNeely View Post
I love it. Someone’s “prediction” had to be revised after the fact. Sounds a lot like these people have a lot in common with the global warming folks.
IMO, the reaction is an overreaction. All the panic and hysteria. My $0.02.

And Paxton told any county and city to pound sand restricting guns:
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...20/kp-0296.pdf
Old 03-27-2020, 08:34 PM   #165
krazy kris
Lifer

It may not be as contagious as we thought. My home town was Springtown and the JOP got corona and it's been about 2 weeks. He is doing better and his wife that has been taking care of him has not showed 1 sign or symptom. she just got her test back and it was negative.
krazy kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:55 PM   #166
ram57ta
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris View Post
It may not be as contagious as we thought. My home town was Springtown and the JOP got corona and it's been about 2 weeks. He is doing better and his wife that has been taking care of him has not showed 1 sign or symptom. she just got her test back and it was negative.
While that is great news and I am happy for them both..given the explosive spread and body count in multiple cities on both coasts I would hardly predict that based on one case. I hope you're right.
ram57ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 11:15 AM   #167
krazy kris
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram57ta View Post
While that is great news and I am happy for them both..given the explosive spread and body count in multiple cities on both coasts I would hardly predict that based on one case. I hope you're right.
There are reports that there maybe multiple strains of this covid-19. Who knows what the hell is going on. There is so much fake news out there.
krazy kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 12:01 PM   #168
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasser64 View Post
So... who thinks the CDC is going to grow much larger, and much more powerful after all this? Government always uses any excuse to get bigger.
In today's dollars the Manhattan Project cost 24 billion. Going to the Moon cost 150 billion in today's dollars. Both of those things combined barely exceed the cdc's budget for 2 years. The CDC is full of self-important people running around doing self important things that benefit no one but themselves. It's budget needs to be cut down massively, Personnel whittled away, and they need to stick to their actual core function. We all know that will never happen.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:14 PM   #169
Chas_svo
No longer SVO'ing.
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazy kris View Post
There are reports that there maybe multiple strains of this covid-19. Who knows what the hell is going on. There is so much fake news out there.
I read there are 4 known strains, but it was MSM, so who knows if they just pulled a number out of their ass like they do for polls.
86 SVO - Sold
'03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
01 TJ - new toy - Sold
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold
Chas_svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:37 AM   #170
Gasser64
Lifer

They did. They'll say anything, do anything.
Old 04-03-2020, 12:16 PM   #171
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Dallas just extended the 'stay at home' order to May 20.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavi...ay-20/2344965/
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:23 PM   #172
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

I have some nurse friends that have been sent to NYC from this area. I sure as shit hope Texas keeps its ridiculously low death rate
Ruffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:36 PM   #173
cobrajet69
EVERY day is.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strychnine View Post

Ffffuck!

David
cobrajet69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:45 PM   #174
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex ®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
I have some nurse friends that have been sent to NYC from this area. I sure as shit hope Texas keeps its ridiculously low death rate
IMO it depends how seriously people take this stay in place stay safe requirements. If people follow the rules then we can at least in this state and area keep it contained. The death rate is all over the place, young people are dying, old people are dying, some people are showing no signs and symptoms and some are sick for days. Until we get a medicine like Tamaflu for the flu or a vaccine this will be around for awhile.
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 01:07 PM   #175
lowthreeohz
comment removed

Quote:

We're on stay at home until June 10, the day after the repub primary.
lowthreeohz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 02:40 PM   #176
Trip McNeely
DRILL BABY, DRILL!!!

I guess the bright side is they could always lift it early.
Trip McNeely is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 05:53 PM   #177
Sgt Beavis
I am the Great Cornholio.
VIP Member

Quote:

You know, at some point folks are going to say, Fuck It and give government order the finger.
Sgt Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 06:31 PM   #178
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
You know, at some point folks are going to say, Fuck It and give government order the finger.
I was talking with friends about this to some extent. If we dont have quite a few deaths people will never trust this shit again...at least not for a generation. The exact number I dont know...but if only 50K people die then it literally will only be seen as lethal as the flu. Obviously social distancing measures worked...but not many people will give them much credit. We created 10 million unemployed people on 2weeks for this...trillions of dollars in losses...and generational economic damages.

People will quickly lose faith in the "science" if there isnt a real health hit and start ignoring orders.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:35 PM   #179
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Sweden also has the ability to make the rest of the world look like fools
Old 04-03-2020, 06:39 PM   #180
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
I was talking with friends about this to some extent. If we dont have quite a few deaths people will never trust this shit again...at least not for a generation. The exact number I dont know...but if only 50K people die then it literally will only be seen as lethal as the flu. Obviously social distancing measures worked...but not many people will give them much credit. We created 10 million unemployed people on 2weeks for this...trillions of dollars in losses...and generational economic damages.

People will quickly lose faith in the "science" if there isnt a real health hit and start ignoring orders.
Oh I suspect the opposite could happen too. Imagine all the idiots wanting to give even more power to the gov’t for saving all those lives.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fema coffins, naynig hunting season, newworldorder, no bag limit on nays, oak cliff nay honeyhole, quarantine nays to africa, stack nays like cord wood, the purge is real