JDM engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDM engines

been looking around on c-list and have seen a couple stores that offer "Low mile" longblocks.. Has anyone had any luck with these?
    im going from a usdm b16a to a jdm b18c1 (99-00 civic si motor to a 96-01 gsr motor). is everything plug and play of am I about to need some wiring god to get me through this? The motor im buying is complete from valve cover to oil pan still has the dizzy, injectors, intake etc.. (of course ill be putting on a new timing belt, water pump, cam seal etc before the install)

reason im doing this is my 00 civic si broke the timing belt this week
    "PSH!!!"

i did one a few years back and i think its a plug in play. "low mileage" is a loose term now days.

chk out hondatech forums
    One day at a time.

Comment

id just get the head rebuilt on yours with some good parts and put back on.
      One day at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by onjacks View Post
        id just get the head rebuilt on yours with some good parts and put back on.
        thought about that but bottom end needs rings (consumes oil and smokes @ high rpm's) as well plus there wont be as much gain as b18c
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

Its been so long since ive been out of the game, but whats the hp difference between the 2?

I figured by now the old school honda crap would be dirt cheap to rebuild.

Comment

lol, its only a 20hp difference, id just rebuild the b16 and use the money saved for boost.

Comment

if you are dead set on buying a new motor, I know the owner of Honda heaven personally, send me a pm.

Comment

Do you need the gsr ecu? Or can the 99-00 si computer substitute?

That is a plug and play swap. Maybe some vacuum configuration differences depending on the manifolds.

Comment

si ecu should work fine, should be plug and play, i had an ek with a b18c1 it was a fun little car..
                  ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    been looking around on c-list and have seen a couple stores that offer "Low mile" longblocks.. Has anyone had any luck with these?
                    im going from a usdm b16a to a jdm b18c1 (99-00 civic si motor to a 96-01 gsr motor). is everything plug and play of am I about to need some wiring god to get me through this? The motor im buying is complete from valve cover to oil pan still has the dizzy, injectors, intake etc.. (of course ill be putting on a new timing belt, water pump, cam seal etc before the install)

reason im doing this is my 00 civic si broke the timing belt this week
                    Remember the gray accord? It had one of those "low mile jdm motors" in it after I spun all the rod bearings. The motor was in incredible condition. I would go with the GSR dude. The cost of having the B16 re-ringed (possible bore and hone, if needs boring will need new pistons) plus head work will easily match the 1700 or so cost of the GSR.

And if you keep the GSR intake you can run the NOS direct port plate kit like I did!
                    sigpic
                    00 Camaro SS, stuff, tuned by Sam - sold
                    2004 GMC Sierra, tuned by Sam
                    03 CR250R crash test dummy vehicle
                    08 Yard machines mower, choppin up those blades

Originally posted by Stephen
                    FUCK!! im gay then

Comment

Oh, and don't forget your a fag.... sig check.
                      sigpic

FUCK!! im gay then

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
                        if you are dead set on buying a new motor, I know the owner of Honda heaven personally, send me a pm.
                        Does he still have any fast Hondas? That blue hatch he had way back was a bad bitch.
                        sigpic

FUCK!! im gay then

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                          Do you need the gsr ecu? Or can the 99-00 si computer substitute?

That is a plug and play swap. Maybe some vacuum configuration differences depending on the manifolds.
                          I dont think itll run exactly as it should. The gsr has secondary runners in the intake that the b16 doesnt. You'd need an aftermarket intake manifold if you dont runa gsr ecu. The b16 unfortunately doesnt fit it
                          Last edited by A_A_G; 08-04-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

We seek a lot of engines to those type resellers. Some actually do come from Japan, but I'd wager that a majority are whatever they can put their hands on and a stream cleaning.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              We seek a lot of engines to those type resellers. Some actually do come from Japan, but I'd wager that a majority are whatever they can put their hands on and a stream cleaning.
                              Our Rancho Cordova store does tons of JDM enignes. Most get a light recon and sim testing.

To the OP you never really know, some of the importers do the proper legwork to make sure it'll interchange correctly. Sometimes the engine mounts are different, others have different sensors and manifolds. Personally I'd be a little nervous about anything more than 10 years old, it could have been sitting on the shelf somewhere for the last 9 and will need all new seals and might even have rusted cylinder walls.

Comment

Working...
                              X