DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2020, 07:51 PM   #1
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge
 
Forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,048
Default Glad to be back

Well, it's been a while since I've been gone but I'm back.

Since I was last here, I had a baby girl named Rose back in September. Haven't slept since then. I moved from the farm up to town and honestly, I've missed you guys. It's taken me this long to sit down and write because I never knew what to say but I figured the 4th is coming up and it's almost time to give my annual hat tip to my guys who didn't return so....here I am.

Also, picked up a vehicle I've never seen before. 67 Fairlane Ranchero 500. Motor locked, transmission locked, no wheel spins, interior is trash, windshield is trash, needs body work but...she spoke to me.


Edit: How the hell do I embed an Imgur picture link? It's been so long that I've forgotten

__________________
I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Last edited by Forever_frost; 03-29-2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Figured it out
Forever_frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:56 PM   #2
ram57ta
Lifer
 
ram57ta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Dallas
Posts: 8,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_frost View Post
Well, it's been a while since I've been gone but I'm back.

Since I was last here, I had a baby girl named Rose back in September. Haven't slept since then. I moved from the farm up to town and honestly, I've missed you guys. It's taken me this long to sit down and write because I never knew what to say but I figured the 4th is coming up and it's almost time to give my annual hat tip to my guys who didn't return so....here I am.

Also, picked up a vehicle I've never seen before. 67 Fairlane Ranchero 500. Motor locked, transmission locked, no wheel spins, interior is trash, windshield is trash, needs body work but...she spoke to me.


Edit: How the hell do I embed an Imgur picture link? It's been so long that I've forgotten
I'm sure you can figure it out..I did
ram57ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:58 PM   #3
Chas_svo
No longer SVO'ing.
VIP Member
 
Chas_svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Driving the truck that just passed you...
Posts: 4,326
Default

Good to have you back and congratulations on the young’un!
__________________
18 F150 Supercrew - daily
17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
86 SVO - Sold
'03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
01 TJ - new toy - Sold
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold
Chas_svo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:22 PM   #4
lowthreeohz
comment removed
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 27,736
Default

welcome back, Frost! congrats on the kiddo!
lowthreeohz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:43 PM   #5
JC316
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Kaufman
Posts: 5,676
Default

Welcome back man.
JC316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:22 PM   #6
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
VIP Member
 
svauto-erotic855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,465
Default

Glad your back. I figured you faded away for good like Soap or CJ.
__________________
Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.
svauto-erotic855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:50 AM   #7
GE
6 Cliff Trail, Frisco, TX
 
GE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 34,898
Default

Oddly enough it was about a week ago and I thinking, "I wonder whatever happened to that motherfucker Frost?!"
GE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:54 AM   #8
LS1Goat
Lifer
VIP Member
 
LS1Goat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: D/FW
Posts: 13,944
Default

Welcome back, Frost.

I dig the Ranchero. You know the Roadkill guys threw an old Ranchero together and drove it to Alaska. A lot breakdowns along the journey, but it's part of the fun of it. Good luck on the restoration. Cool project.
LS1Goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:26 AM   #9
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge
 
Forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE View Post
Oddly enough it was about a week ago and I thinking, "I wonder whatever happened to that motherfucker Frost?!"
After I moved, I just lost the link on my desktop and kept forgetting to hunt it back down and then....it just got pushed WAY down in the bottom of my list for this...

__________________
I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool
Forever_frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:02 AM   #10
SS Junk
Lifer
 
SS Junk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 18,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_frost View Post
...she spoke to me.
You sure she didn’t say, “kill me with fire!”?
Welcome back, buddy.
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:06 AM   #11
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge
 
Forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
You sure she didn’t say, “kill me with fire!”?
Welcome back, buddy.
She was sitting in a junkyard with 3 others and I was wandering through it and saw her and....we had to take a front end loader and lift and shove her ass onto the trailer because the wheels wouldn't turn.
__________________
I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool
Forever_frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:13 AM   #12
68RR
Lifer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,306
Default

Welcome back!
__________________
Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.
68RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 10:50 AM   #13
kingjason
Notorious PIG
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Down South
Posts: 8,001
Default

Welcome back!

That car is only second to the Pontiac Aztek on the ugliest vehicles ever made. Grow your mullet and drive it with pride.
__________________
Whos your Daddy?
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:08 AM   #14
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge
 
Forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
Welcome back!

That car is only second to the Pontiac Aztek on the ugliest vehicles ever made. Grow your mullet and drive it with pride.
Coming from you, I will take that as the compliment it is intended to be.
__________________
I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool
Forever_frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #15
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member
 
black2002ls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 8,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GE View Post
Oddly enough it was about a week ago and I thinking, "I wonder whatever happened to that motherfucker Frost?!"
Same here, kind of.

I was passing through Cooper on my way back from Paris not long ago and wondered if you were still around the board. I use tapatalk mostly, and rarely check unread or new threads, just keeping up with stuff I'd commented on. Glad to see you are doing well and congrats on the baby girl!

By in-town, did you move into Cooper? (for non area residents, the locals pronounce it cupper)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah View Post
Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 11:58 AM   #16
scootro
Lifer
 
scootro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: none of your fuckin business
Posts: 14,817
Default

sounds like life is treating you well! congrats on the baby
scootro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:24 PM   #17
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge
 
Forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2002ls View Post
Same here, kind of.

I was passing through Cooper on my way back from Paris not long ago and wondered if you were still around the board. I use tapatalk mostly, and rarely check unread or new threads, just keeping up with stuff I'd commented on. Glad to see you are doing well and congrats on the baby girl!

By in-town, did you move into Cooper? (for non area residents, the locals pronounce it cupper)
Yes, I moved into Cooper proper so I'd be closer to the kid's school. That 20 minutes each way for school was killing me.
__________________
I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool
Forever_frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 12:34 PM   #18
The King
Lifer
 
The King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 14,894
Default

Welcome back Frost. The closest I came to owning such a Ford was a ‘67 Galaxie wagon for a short time. Have not been in Cooper myself since the 1990’s when Cooper (now known as Jim Chapman) Lake was being constructed by the Corps of Engineers.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:19 PM   #19
BLAKE
Lifer
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Posts: 23,847
Default

Welcome back! Good to hear from you man.

Congrats on the kiddo. She ought to be old enough to really be showing you some personality. I always thought that's when they start getting fun. Or at least the fun:work ratio improved, lol.

Looks like a big project for that Ranchero. What are your plans? Pretty, or embrace the patina?
BLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:32 PM   #20
Forever_frost
Bullet Sponge
 
Forever_frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 19,048
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE View Post
Welcome back! Good to hear from you man.

Congrats on the kiddo. She ought to be old enough to really be showing you some personality. I always thought that's when they start getting fun. Or at least the fun:work ratio improved, lol.

Looks like a big project for that Ranchero. What are your plans? Pretty, or embrace the patina?
The idea is to go old school hot rod so..pretty.

I want to pull that locked up 289 out and put a 351 in. I'm going to have to dig through my inbox and find out who did my wiring in my Mustang from here and see if they want to do it again on this thing once I unstick the wheels. I have to redo literally everything on here.
__________________
I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool
Forever_frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:58 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.