Jesse Ventura going after Chris Kyle's Widow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesse Ventura going after Chris Kyle's Widow

Noted 9/11 truther Jesse Ventura is continuing his defamation lawsuit against deceased U.S. sniper Chris Kyle by going after Taya Kyle, the slain soldier’s widow.

“Lawyers for Ventura have asked a federal court to continue his lawsuit against Chris Kyle…by substituting Kyle’s wife, Taya, as the defendant,” the Minnesota Star Tribune reports.

Kyle was killed in February when he was shot to death by a former U.S. Marine suffering from PTSD.

Ventura, most famously known for being the guy who dies 45 minutes into “Predator,” claimed last year that the decorated former SEAL’s book, “American Sniper,” wrongly accused him of starting a California bar fight.

“Although Kyle is deceased, his ‘American Sniper’ book continues to sell and it is soon to be made into a movie,” said Ventura’s motion.

The former wrestler’s lawyer added: Because Kyle’s accusation survives his death, “it would be unjust to permit the estate to continue to profit from Kyle’s wrongful conduct and to leave Governor Ventura without redress for ongoing damage to his reputation.”

Ventura’s lawsuit stems from a claim Kyle made while promoting his book.

Chris Kyle (l) and Jesse Ventura (r). (Getty Images)
    The former SEAL said Ventura bad-mouthed and degraded the U.S. military in front of a group of SEALs. Kyle’s accusation, if true, is all the more egregious considering the fact that the SEALs had converged on that particular to commemorate the loss of a comrade who died throwing himself on a grenade.

“He was bad-mouthing the war, bad-mouthing (former President) Bush, bad-mouthing America,” Kyle told Fox News’ Bill O’Reilly.

“He told us that we were killing innocent people over there, men women children, that we were murders,” Kyle continued, adding that he asked the B list actor to tone down the truther rhetoric just a tad.

“And then he said that we deserved to lose a few guys,” O’Reilly said.

Kyle said he responded by laying out Ventura.

“That happened? You knocked him out?” O’Reilly asked.

“Well, I knocked him down.”

Taya’s attorney on Wednesday responded to the motion, filing an official response and saying that Ventura’s move comes as “a disappointment, but no surprise.”

“Continuing this action will serve no useful purpose,” wrote Kyle’s attorney, “and likely will promote public perception of Jesse Ventura as someone who has little or no regard for the feelings and welfare of surviving family members of deceased war heroes.”

The Star Tribune reports that a hearing is slated for June 17 in U.S. District Court in Minneapolis.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Ventura is a piece of shit, and most of the time I hear him speak he sounds batshit crazy. Who the fuck sues a widow for something her husband said?
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
      Ventura is a piece of shit, and most of the time I hear him speak he sounds batshit crazy. Who the fuck sues a widow for something her husband said?

Someone that wants a cut of those book and movie royalties. That's who.

Comment

I posted this on the Chris Kyle is dead thread.

But as far as the royalties from the American Sniper book, there are none, there never have been any. Chris' share of the book all goes to the family of one of his fellow SeALs, his family has never made 1 penny from it.

Comment

Ventura is less and less relevant to anything going on and it gets under his skin. Even his conspiracy theory show didn't work out as he planned so this is another attempt to get his name out there.

Comment

Ventura needs to get a fucking life! Leave the mans wife alone.

Comment

I know I would not want the ghost of Chris Kyle pissed off at me.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasSleeper View Post
                I know I would not want the ghost of Chris Kyle pissed off at me.
                Live friends might be more scary...
                sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                86 SVO - Sold
                '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

What an Obama move of Ventura.

Comment

What a fucking asshole. I hope someone else punches him in his bitch mouth.

Comment

I blame HAARP.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                        I blame HAARP.
                        I'm gonna chocke his neck with my cock. True Story.

Comment

Jesse Ventura’s lawsuit against “American Sniper” author Chris Kyle -- purportedly the deadliest-ever American servicemen -- can proceed with the war hero’s widow as a substitute defendant, a judge has ruled.
                          U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan reportedly wrote in his decision concerning Ventura’s defamation suit, “(if) a party dies and the claim is not extinguished, the court may order substitution of the proper party.”
                          Boylan subsequently named Taya Kyle, executor of her husband’s estate, as replacement defendant, the StarTribune of Minneapolis reports.
                          Ventura, whose resume includes noted turns as Minnesota governor, WWF wrestler, Navy SEAL, and Hollywood actor, sued Kyle over an unflattering anecdote the sniper slipped into his 2012 book.
                          Specifically, Kyle alleged that during a 2006 tete-a-tete, the duo duked it out at a California bar after Ventura badmouthed the second Iraq War, the United States, in general, as well as then-President George W. Bush.

Kyle, who served four tours of duty during the second Iraq War, was fatally shot in February by a fellow vet he and friend Chad Littlefield had squired to a Texas gun range.
                          The shooter, Eddie Ray Routh, is said to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, and Kyle was trying to aid the troubled former soldier. Routh, instead, tragically turned the gun on Kyle and Littlefield, killing both men.
                          Kyle is thought to be the most lethal American serviceman in history, with upwards of 160 confirmed kills in combat.
                          Ventura – who had his own nom de guerre -- “The Body” -- during his wrestling career and who famously appeared in “Predator,” a cult Hollywood classic – was not named in Kyle’s book, but instead therein referred to as “Scruff Face.”
                          Kyle later told TV audiences during an interview that “Scruff Face,” was, indeed, the former Minnesota chief executive.
                          A Ventura attorney had argued Taya Kyle should be substituted as a defendant because Chris Kyle's estate will continue to profit from book sales and a recent movie deal, and Ventura has a right to protect his reputation.
                          Taya Kyle's attorney had argued Ventura would be better off dropping the case, saying that going forward would give the perception that Ventura had little regard for loved ones of deceased war heroes.
                          The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/07/21...#ixzz2ZmuD10Jh

Comment

What a fucking dick.

Comment

Sickening
                              "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Working...
                              X