No announcement yet.

U.S. Repeals Propaganda Ban, Spreads Government-Made News to Americans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's on Netflix, Geor. And it is hilarious.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I feel about this country's death the way the blacks feel about a 17 yr old thug's death.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        I feel about this country's death the way the blacks feel about a 17 yr old thug's death.
        A fair summation.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
          Have you ever listened to NPR? Every station I've listened to barely touches on politics.
          I have. It's about as left wing as you can get and not wear a MSNBC tag
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            I have. It's about as left wing as you can get and not wear a MSNBC tag
            If, by left wing, you mean actual information. ZOMG, SCIENCE FRIDAY IS LEFTY! Shut the fuck up. Lmao.

Comment

If, by left wing, you mean actual information. ZOMG, SCIENCE FRIDAY IS LEFTY! Shut the fuck up. Lmao.
              So you're saying an organization that is funded by the government isn't influenced by the people writing the checks? Right. What authority is there to fund NPR with tax dollars again?

Some examples of my point:

There is a reason that conservatives call for the NPR’s federal funding to be stripped and liberals do not: NPR presents stories from a left-wing perspective. But it is more than that. PBS employees often display animosity towards conservatives and Republicans. In 1995, NPR commentator Nina Totenberg remarked about former Senator Jesse Helms (R-NC), “[i]f there’s retributive justice he’ll get aids from a blood transfusion or one of his grandchildren will get it.”[17] NPR let Totenberg continue on the airwaves.

In the 2008 election, far-left commentator Gwen Ifill moderated a vice presidential debate between Democrat Joe Biden and Republican Sarah Palin. Ifill did not disclose that she had a financial interest, in the form of an upcoming book, in an Obama victory. NPR claimed the situation was “no big deal.” Ifill did not challenge Biden’s numerous gaffes. Two years later, Ifill used social media to mock the former Alaska governor. At a 2010 Tea Party rally, Palin told supporters “[d]on’t party like it’s 1773 yet!”[18] On Twitter Ifill wondered, “What happened in 1773?” and, “Sarah Palin: party like its 1773! ummm.”[19] Ifill, the supposed intellectual, failed to realize that Palin was referencing the 1773 Boston Tea Party, not the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Sarah Spitz, then a producer for NPR affiliate KCRW for the show “Left, Right & Center,” once wrote that if she saw conservative commentator Rush Limbaugh having a heart attack she would “[l]augh loudly like a maniac and watch his eyes bug out.”[20] NPR let Spitz keep her job.

Comment

I'm not going to comment on all of it, because frankly I don't give a fuck. The right pulls the same shit, but I will comment on Rush Limbaugh. I wouldn't piss on that ignorant som'bitch if he was on fire. Fuck that guy, in the ass with a big rubber dick. And then break it off and beat him with what's left.

Comment

I'm not going to comment on all of it, because frankly I don't give a fuck. The right pulls the same shit, but I will comment on Rush Limbaugh. I wouldn't piss on that ignorant som'bitch if he was on fire. Fuck that guy, in the ass with a big rubber dick. And then break it off and beat him with what's left.
                  Rush Limbaugh isn't on airwaves broadcasted by taxpayer dollars. I don't disagree, but that is apples and oranges.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

NPR is about the only radio I listen to myself, and I am hardly what would be termed a liberal.

Comment

Limbaugh pulls down $50-$60 million a year and even the republicans don't like him. He's hardly "federally funded".

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                        Rush Limbaugh isn't on airwaves broadcasted by taxpayer dollars. I don't disagree, but that is apples and oranges.
                        Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                        Limbaugh pulls down $50-$60 million a year and even the republicans don't like him. He's hardly "federally funded".
                        I should have clarified when I said the right pulls the same shit. What I meant was, not pressing their candidates on real issues and say some pretty fucked up stuff.

Jim, if you don't like the government funding NPR, then sue them to make them stop. It's simple.

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

I should have clarified when I said the right pulls the same shit. What I meant was, not pressing their candidates on real issues and say some pretty fucked up stuff.

Jim, if you don't like the government funding NPR, then sue them to make them stop. It's simple.
                            It seems they rally around an individual, like Rubio, then are shocked when he fucks them over.

I enjoy Rush, but that could be due in part that I've listened to him in some form or fashion for nearly 25 years. Guys like Hannity make my teeth itch. He's nothing but a softball pitcher and does a horrible argument. He won't ask a direct or controversial question to save his ass.

The truly sad thing is that republicans aren't ready to stomach a host that doesn't suffer from white guilt and is willing to stand up for their beliefs, regardless of criticism. They play this game of nice that is absolutely fake.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                              It seems they rally around an individual, like Rubio, then are shocked when he fucks them over.
                              That's no shit. I'm waiting for the ball to drop on Cruz.

The truly sad thing is that republicans aren't ready to stomach a host that doesn't suffer from white guilt and is willing to stand up for their beliefs, regardless of criticism. They play this game of nice that is absolutely fake.
                              The same is true for both sides, but you can be cordial and not let people get away with stuff. We need more confrontation in our political and media markets. If both sides called each other on their shit and actually gave people real information and not scare tactic bullshit, then we could ACTUALLY fix problems.

Comment

See, with taxpayer funds, NPR should be zero partisan. Neither right nor left and anyone who pops up on one side or the other, fired immediately. If they're taking tax kitty, then they don't get to pick a side.

Comment

Working...
                                X