Tesla to Texas: How Do You Like Us Now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
    Are you sure you know what you're talking about? I don't think you do. Hell, I'm not even an engineer and I can tell you're full of shit. You do realize that fossil fuels are a finite resource, right?

Really? That is one theory about oil now prove it. I would also like you to point out a true breakthrough moment in the past 60 years concerning the ICE.

There is also a theory that says the only some "fossil fuels" are actual fossils and that instead they are just a natural by product of the geological process that the earth functions by. There is also very strong evidence to support this theory most notably a well drilled into a shield rock formation in Switzerland that has existed since before life on earth did that has been producing oil to the tune of 150 barrels per day since 1984 or 1986. Every theory about oil tells us that it is not possible for oil to come from a formation like that but it does. Barrons magazine had that well on the cover in the late 80's.

I do not know enough about oil production to know either way but frequently conventional wisdom is not all that wise and there is a well known geologist who makes these claims and every test he does has backed up his theory's and he has yet to be proven wrong.
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 03-17-2014, 08:33 AM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      Really? That is one theory about oil now prove it. I would also like you to point out a true breakthrough moment in the past 60 years concerning the ICE.

There is also a theory that says the only some "fossil fuels" are actual fossils and that instead they are just a natural by product of the geological process that the earth functions by. There is also very strong evidence to support this theory most notably a well drilled into a shield rock formation in Switzerland that has existed since before life on earth did that has been producing oil to the tune of 150 barrels per day since 1984 or 1986. Every theory about oil tells us that it is not possible for oil to come from a formation like that but it does. Barrons magazine had that well on the cover in the late 80's.

I do not know enough about oil production to know either way but frequently conventional wisdom is not all that wise and there is a well known geologist who makes these claims and every test he does has backed up his theory's and he has yet to be proven wrong.
      When you test to pass, you will nearly always pass. It's very easy to get carried away with test bias and make your results prove your personal agenda.

I will tell you there is a reason we are going into more and more unconventionals. If fossil fuels could generate oil that fast, we wouldn't be in the ultra deeps, tar sands, and hpht wells.

Comment

• I would say unconventionals are proof enough that there is a finite amount of O&G relative to the increasing rates of consumption. However, we are far from running out.

Comment

• I have read that fossil fuels do renew itself over time. Interesting theory.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
            I have read that fossil fuels do renew itself over time. Interesting theory.
            Well, yeah, just not nearly as fast as we consume it. The planet had a huge head start on making the stuff before we started using it in mass.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              When you test to pass, you will nearly always pass. It's very easy to get carried away with test bias and make your results prove your personal agenda.

I will tell you there is a reason we are going into more and more unconventionals. If fossil fuels could generate oil that fast, we wouldn't be in the ultra deeps, tar sands, and hpht wells.
              The well that I am talking about was the deepest one ever drilled in solid rock at the time that it was drilled I believe. It may have been surpassed since that time.

Since all of his wells produce oil I would say that he is correct in his theory's.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• theories.

Comment

The well that I am talking about was the deepest one ever drilled in solid rock at the time that it was drilled I believe. It may have been surpassed since that time.

Since all of his wells produce oil I would say that he is correct in his theory's.
                  What's his name and what formation...I'll look up the data.

Has he also drilled it with a perpetual motion machine?

Comment

• electric cars are fucking awesome!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                      What's his name and what formation...I'll look up the data.

Has he also drilled it with a perpetual motion machine?
                      As far as I know there is not a perpetual motion machine in existence much less one being used for drilling of any type.

I will find his name once I make it back to my office.

Comment

As far as I know there is not a perpetual motion machine in existence much less one being used for drilling of any type.

I will find his name once I make it back to my office.
                        couldn't resist...

Comment

• Lol, the hits keep coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                            You do realize that fossil fuels are a finite resource, right?
                            They can make it out of algae

Essentially they can "grow" more oil if need be. And its less expensive than drilling for it
                            WH

Comment

• This will probably be my only post from here on out in this thread because I don't really give a shit, but I have a theory that nobody in here really knows what they're talking about.
                              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                They can make it out of algae
                                Or chickens. Syntroleum uses natural gas and waste fat from a Tyson plant to make a synthetic blend of jet fuel.

Comment

Working...
                                X