Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could we be seeing a sea-change for Republicans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could we be seeing a sea-change for Republicans?

Think with me here.

There are times where convention, custom, and tradition change. Those points almost always have a single "trigger" where what was conventional thinking is suddenly punched in the face.

Think of the gracchus brothers in ancient Rome, what was once a taboo, taking laws directly to the people instead of the Senate for passage was unheard of until them. Once that "taboo" was broken, it opened the flood gates of tribunes doing it for the rest of the republic

The fact that they were assassinated is beside the point. At least, I hope it is.

Think of Lucius Cornelius Sulla the first Roman General to seize power from the Senate on the back of the legions. Once he did it, even though he did it to save the Republic it led to Marius and eventually Caesar and ended the Republic and started the empire

There are plenty more in history but since I'm researching and reading about Rome at the moment they pop out.

My point is that with Trump in the race there is now someone who is saying what the fuck they mean, at least some of the time, and not giving much of a fuck regarding the old order of political correctness.

He's broken that taboo, and it is a taboo, as our candidates over the past 8 years have all been scared shit less to say a god damned thing that wasn't thoroughly focus grouped and opinion polled, and Trump's gotten huge gains in favorabiity with the electorate for it.

Now that he's popped the bubble, will the other candidates see that saying what exactly the fuck they mean and doing away with their mealy mouthed bullshit would be a positive for them politically?

I fucking hope so.

Or am I fucking delusional and need to get my head out of my Glass-is-half-full ass?
    Last edited by sc281; 08-07-2015, 09:44 PM.

I was shocked as hell when VOX (Super Liberal) had an article today saying how Trump gave the most solid, thought out answer to any question they have heard in a while. Spoke with some solid knowledge on healthcare like he may have actually read up on it and knew his stuff.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      You're fucking delusional.

The last hope of a desperate man....

Comment

I'm not sure Americans understand freedom, let alone can embrace it anymore. And him saying what's on his mind is so far out of left field (fucking pathetic!) that most may not be able to understand what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          I'm not sure Americans understand freedom, let alone can embrace it anymore. And him saying what's on his mind is so far out of left field (fucking pathetic!) that most may not be able to understand what is going on.
          So you are saying dumb it down a little for the public or just not say shit?

Comment

We've already turned the corner in this country. Most voters are looking for handouts, cell phones, checks, EBT cards, free, free, freebies. We've traded freedom for free stuff long ago. Trump won't win without freebies.

Comment

I don't think trump means half of what he has been saying. His opionion in 2015 differs alot from his opinion of only a few years ago. He has given a lot of money to democrats, he is currently in favor of amnesty even though he has an image of being tough on the border, he is either pro or anti abortion, and he is so progressive he wants to confiscate money from the wealthy bank accounts to pay off the debt. So no, he isn't saying what he means, be is saying what hs thinks people want to hear, he is just louder than everyone else. Trump is a left leaning "republican" who only cares about the election and not about who is the best for the job. He doesnt give two shits about what is best for the country. In other words, trump is business as usual in american politics but people are buying his lies like they bought obama's both times. Nothing new here.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Who gives a flying fuck about abortion as it concerns our country? Seriously this is a family / religious issue. The government shouldn't be involved just like gay marriage. Our government needs to be about fiscal responsibility, jobs and stomping the shit out of retards like ISIS in under 2 days.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                  Who gives a flying fuck about abortion as it concerns our country? Seriously this is a family / religious issue. The government shouldn't be involved just like gay marriage. Our government needs to be about fiscal responsibility, jobs and stomping the shit out of retards like ISIS in under 2 days.
                  Well it is a very divisive issue that most of the country cares about one way or ths other. Most importantly it is such a divisive and hot issue that it should help guage whether or not candidates are going to stand by aome of their primciples or change based on the latest polling data.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

what you have witnessed it the death of conservatism . the ambush job on trump all bit insures he will run third party out of spite . you will see john kerry resign and run against hillary with the backing of obama. which will be the final blow to america. i dont care for trump but he forewarned them of what he would do . bair and kelly had a prearranged plan to create this shitstorm .
                    but what the hell. i grow my own food , have a good well and plenty of rounds.
                    god help us all .

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                      what you have witnessed it the death of conservatism . the ambush job on trump all bit insures he will run third party out of spite . you will see john kerry resign and run against hillary with the backing of obama. which will be the final blow to america. i dont care for trump but he forewarned them of what he would do . bair and kelly had a prearranged plan to create this shitstorm .
                      but what the hell. i grow my own food , have a good well and plenty of rounds.
                      god help us all .
                      You seem like a cool dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        I'm of the mind that they can't speak the truth anymore. Most people are simply too stupid and gullible to handle the truth. I have little faith in the intellect of my fellow man, save for a tiny minority. Just look at history and their actions, they simply don't display it. And there is only a little bit of truth. But then piled on top of that are volumes and volumes of lies, all made to suit someone's agenda. Whoever that may be at the time, and whatever agenda. With old guard dying off, and new guard agreeing with the old agenda.
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                          Well it is a very divisive issue that most of the country cares about one way or ths other. Most importantly it is such a divisive and hot issue that it should help guage whether or not candidates are going to stand by aome of their primciples or change based on the latest polling data.
                          It's bullshit issue that has been used for over 30 years now to keep people divided while both parties destroy the entire country right before your eyes. Stop smearing bullshit into your own eyes and everyone else's and wake the fuck up already. The only thing this issue tells you is that a candidate doesn't give a fuck about our country but only wants to destroy it no matter which side they waste time on.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                            It still shouldn't be a governmental issue. It should be private. The issue of abortion and gay marriage has nothing to do with running a country. It's just something to get peoples panties in a bunch if people are talking about it on television.
                            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

maybe so denny . i wanted to hear about what is important . the economy , the border , the tax structure . these are the things being talked about around the table at the cafe . i dont care what trump called rosie and they knew his answer on third party going in . call it his trump card. they should have pushed them all hard on the issues not the tabloid issues. dont tell me what you are going to do tell me how you are going to do it.
                              i'm old and tired . i survived nixon and every stuffed suit since . i've heard the lies and seen the outcome too many times . it is up to you younger guys now . i will vote rep because there is no other choice sadly . but beyond voting folks need to fill the inboxes of their representatives with angry letters . if only " do your job or your fired ". personally i think their should be an age limit in the house and senate .

Comment

Working...
                              X