THa Fuk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    America as know will continue to erode, and ultimately we're fucked.
    As this is something that has bothered me much of my life, I've put a lot of thought into it. And I've come to the conclusion, that on a long enough timeline, much of the government (and liberalism as a whole) will be killed off by technology. After all, if you've got a robot gardening in your lawn and growing much of your food (not to mention cooking it for you) then a ton of problems related to the government just disappeared. Then take nanotechnology, which will eventually become quite cheap, and will cure you of just about anything that ever ails the human body. So now medicare and medicade are dead.

SS took a big blow with the robots, and so does illegal immigration. The robots are coming, to kill illegal immigration, make no mistake. Illegal immigration will be put to death by robots. Only a matter of time. And the list just goes on and on, of government killing technologies. They just won't have any reason to exist anymore, no one will use them, and no one will need to. Such that in 50 years, most of the government we have now will be obsolete.

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Just like the Romans but on a sped up timeline.
    Well when the fall finally does come, maybe we'll get lucky and much of the south will be broken up into smaller countries that are fed up and adopt very strict libertarian policies. The soul hasn't (and I don't think ever will) died, and if it all fell apart many of the states would jump at the chance to implement a whole bunch of shit the scum of the earth never would have let them do before. Could happen.
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      As this is something that has bothered me much of my life, I've put a lot of thought into it. And I've come to the conclusion, that on a long enough timeline, much of the government (and liberalism as a whole) will be killed off by technology. After all, if you've got a robot gardening in your lawn and growing much of your food (not to mention cooking it for you) then a ton of problems related to the government just disappeared. Then take nanotechnology, which will eventually become quite cheap, and will cure you of just about anything that ever ails the human body. So now medicare and medicade are dead.

SS took a big blow with the robots, and so does illegal immigration. The robots are coming, to kill illegal immigration, make no mistake. Illegal immigration will be put to death by robots. Only a matter of time. And the list just goes on and on, of government killing technologies. They just won't have any reason to exist anymore, no one will use them, and no one will need to. Such that in 50 years, most of the government we have now will be obsolete.

Well when the fall finally does come, maybe we'll get lucky and much of the south will be broken up into smaller countries that are fed up and adopt very strict libertarian policies. The soul hasn't (and I don't think ever will) died, and if it all fell apart many of the states would jump at the chance to implement a whole bunch of shit the scum of the earth never would have let them do before. Could happen.
      If you think any government is going to let technology make them obsolete or cause them to die off, you out of your mind.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I try to make every thread as exciting as possible but I can not carry the water for everyone; sorry.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          If you think any government is going to let technology make them obsolete or cause them to die off, you out of your mind.
          They don't have any choice. Its going to be a slow burn, at long last they're the frog in the slow boil. Just as one member here once said, as it turns out, markets actually have final say as to what's going to happen in the world. What people will buy, and will not buy, is going to be the determining factor, and governments just sort of have to ride on the markets coattails.

They'll let it happen, cause the technology seems harmless and neat and kind of wonderful to begin with, and they'll like it too. But it spells the demise of big government. Nanotechnology is a prime example. They'll buy into that, hook line and sinker. After all, look at all the money it saves them on medicare and medicade! They can buy more votes in the short term, with all these increases they can afford now! When it matures and goes mainstream, of course. And its well on its way.

And do you see 3D printers slowing down, or speeding up? Where are all those tax dollars going to come from, when in 50 years I dump trash and sticks and pebbles into the thing, and it spits out shit I needed/wanted? How about the internet? Is it going away? All the damage its done to them can't even be measured. And is it growing, or shrinking? You've got to look at the big picture. Call me an optimist if you want, but the way I see it big brother has no future. They'll be calling him little brother, and finally, in say 100 years, he'll be down to fetus brother. Then at long last, just chapter 23 in the history books.
          WH

Comment

Gasser, I don't know what you are smoking but you need to share with others. That shit has got to be amazing.

Comment

i always just keep scrolling if his reply is over two sentences. keeps my sanity.

Comment

Gasser, I don't know what you are smoking but you need to share with others. That shit has got to be amazing.
                I'm probably talking to the wrong type of person, but just look up some of those technologies via google. Some people just aren't going to believe what the future is going to bring, until it gets here. But if you can just use logical deduction on where these things must end up after 20, 30, 40 years, then you'll have to come to the same conclusions. They are going to wipe out the need for many of our current "services" provided by the government. And what then?

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                i always just keep scrolling if his reply is over two sentences. keeps my sanity.
                Thats probably for the best
                WH

Comment

I'm probably talking to the wrong type of person, but just look up some of those technologies via google. Some people just aren't going to believe what the future is going to bring, until it gets here.
                  yeah see, i had to stop there. Can you tell us what the future will bring? I really want to believe it before it is here!

Comment

I'm probably talking to the wrong type of person, but just look up some of those technologies via google. Some people just aren't going to believe what the future is going to bring, until it gets here. But if you can just use logical deduction on where these things must end up after 20, 30, 40 years, then you'll have to come to the same conclusions. They are going to wipe out the need for many of our current "services" provided by the government. And what then?

Thats probably for the best
                    Oh I understand what these new technologies are. While I am not an expert on them nor do I claim to be up to date on all new technologies, I do try to keep up on them as time permits. The problem is you are not looking at history. No government has ever become obsolete due to new technologies. They have always adapted and used them. The only thing I can think of that has ever caused a government to become obsolete is a new form of government, and even that is a stretch. Governments typically adapt just like we all do. The fact that we have always had governments and returned to them should tell you humanity needs at least a small government for stability. Wars and economics have toppled and replaced governments, new governments have been created, they have been voted in, voted out, overthrown, collapsed, but at the end of the day they were all replaced with another government. Even in the days of our caveman ancestors governing bodies existed with some kind of rules for conduct among one another and for providing protection for the group. Even in cases where anarchy existed for any reason, governments of some form have always been established again eventually. No, governments will always exist.

Comment

At least the stuff he writes can be discussed most of the time. He isn't making wild personal claims and trying to out-svo everyone with every post.

Comment

yeah see, i had to stop there. Can you tell us what the future will bring? I really want to believe it before it is here!
                        It doesn't seem you could understand it. If your posts reflect what you actually believe, unfortunately you're simply too simple minded or stupid to be able to get it. It ain't rocket science, people from 1950 would be amazed at what we have today. Your dumbass really thinks that trend is somehow going to come to an end? Cause that's what you're saying. Yeah you know what, nevermind.

Oh I understand what these new technologies are. While I am not an expert on them nor do I claim to be up to date on all new technologies, I do try to keep up on them as time permits. The problem is you are not looking at history. No government has ever become obsolete due to new technologies. They have always adapted and used them. The only thing I can think of that has ever caused a government to become obsolete is a new form of government, and even that is a stretch. Governments typically adapt just like we all do. The fact that we have always had governments and returned to them should tell you humanity needs at least a small government for stability. Wars and economics have toppled and replaced governments, new governments have been created, they have been voted in, voted out, overthrown, collapsed, but at the end of the day they were all replaced with another government. Even in the days of our caveman ancestors governing bodies existed with some kind of rules for conduct among one another and for providing protection for the group. Even in cases where anarchy existed for any reason, governments of some form have always been established again eventually. No, governments will always exist.
                        Actually they haven't always existed. We can't really say that as we have big holes missing out of the last 100,000 years. And even then, once could say that early tribal man didn't really need any form of government that we'd recognize as "government". I mean if you'd call shamans, chieftains and medicine men "government" then maybe, but I certainly wouldn't. If you read up on their roles it wasn't anything like any government that I've ever heard of. So that said, we've got 10s of thousands of years going by, with virtually no government, and no need for one. And yet somehow, life went on. Government is just a parasite, a growth to be eventually put down. Its just that some people (like yourself) can't imagine a life without it. But its very possible, given the right set of circumstances.

As for the technology, its more about its progression and it has a sort of life cycle. A prime example would be graphene. When it was first being developed, it was only able to be produced by a handful of people on earth, in an expensive lab. Now you can make it in your garage if you're careful, and if you know what you're doing. Look it up. This isn't exclusive to one or two technologies such as graphene, its ALL technologies. All of them will eventually be something that just about anyone can have access to, and for dirt cheap or in some cases even free. Lets just keep it simple. What do you think will happen to medicare and medicade, when your star trek esque 3D printer can print nanites that can heal you of almost any disease? They're going to shrink, and dramatically. That's how it will start first, it will be a shrinking. It may remain small for a very long time before it dies, but that's a good thing as it will lessen its attempt to make a comeback, as the old guard dies off. The new guard will have been born and raised with all of this, and be thinking its fine. After all, medicare shrank to 1/10th of its current size 30 years ago, before they were even born. Who cares about that anymore? Its like a natural progression, towards a future with a much more passe government. And then, finally, it just won't be around anymore at all. Why should it be, if all these things that we know are eventually going to come around... are eventually going to come around?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we'll live to see it. I'm just saying I don't find it implausible in the least.
                        Last edited by Gasser64; 09-04-2015, 02:54 AM.
                        WH

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                          When in Rome...
                          Yes.....go on.....

Comment

It doesn't seem you could understand it. If your posts reflect what you actually believe, unfortunately you're simply too simple minded or stupid to be able to get it. It ain't rocket science, people from 1950 would be amazed at what we have today. Your dumbass really thinks that trend is somehow going to come to an end? Cause that's what you're saying. Yeah you know what, nevermind.

Actually they haven't always existed. We can't really say that as we have big holes missing out of the last 100,000 years. And even then, once could say that early tribal man didn't really need any form of government that we'd recognize as "government". I mean if you'd call shamans, chieftains and medicine men "government" then maybe, but I certainly wouldn't. If you read up on their roles it wasn't anything like any government that I've ever heard of. So that said, we've got 10s of thousands of years going by, with virtually no government, and no need for one. And yet somehow, life went on. Government is just a parasite, a growth to be eventually put down. Its just that some people (like yourself) can't imagine a life without it. But its very possible, given the right set of circumstances.

As for the technology, its more about its progression and it has a sort of life cycle. A prime example would be graphene. When it was first being developed, it was only able to be produced by a handful of people on earth, in an expensive lab. Now you can make it in your garage if you're careful, and if you know what you're doing. Look it up. This isn't exclusive to one or two technologies such as graphene, its ALL technologies. All of them will eventually be something that just about anyone can have access to, and for dirt cheap or in some cases even free. Lets just keep it simple. What do you think will happen to medicare and medicade, when your star trek esque 3D printer can print nanites that can heal you of almost any disease? They're going to shrink, and dramatically. That's how it will start first, it will be a shrinking. It may remain small for a very long time before it dies, but that's a good thing as it will lessen its attempt to make a comeback, as the old guard dies off. The new guard will have been born and raised with all of this, and be thinking its fine. After all, medicare shrank to 1/10th of its current size 30 years ago, before they were even born. Who cares about that anymore? Its like a natural progression, towards a future with a much more passe government. And then, finally, it just won't be around anymore at all. Why should it be, if all these things that we know are eventually going to come around... are eventually going to come around?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we'll live to see it. I'm just saying I don't find it implausible in the least.
                            If the basis of your argument is to blatantly ignore history and what we know about the formation and evolution of governments from very small tribal roles to the international role we see now, then I cannot have a reasonable discussion with you. You can't ignore parts of history because it doesn't fit your opinion. There may be alot we don't know about specific groups or cultures in certain periods, but over all we have a pretty good understanding of the evolution of society. Anthropologists have done a pretty good job on that.

Edit: it would do ypu well to research the reason governments were always instituted and what happems when total or near anarchy exists. The murder, raping, pillaging, and burning of villages isn't a hollywood creation. Humans are very animilastic in that sense and very brutal. To want that is insane. We invented rule of law and militaries for a reason.

Comment

You can't ignore parts of history because it doesn't fit your opinion.
                              That's the point you're missing. Its not an opinion. There's nothing to disprove. We have vast stretches of time with virtually no information on it. There is one people from 75k years ago, that the only thing we have on them is their seashell necklaces. That's it. I'm afraid you've got a lot of reading to do, and I was right, you're definitely not a big picture person. Never should have had this conversation.

Anthropologists have done a pretty good job on that.

Yeah you've got a LOT more reading to do. Their woeful inadequacies are one of the worst in all of academia. They're well known for just shelving anything that doesn't fit the current model, in the basement of a museum and acting like it never happened.
                              WH

Comment

Well, you were right.

Comment

Working...
                                X