Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Flag Represents Hate Speech

UC Irvine Student Government Leader: American Flag Represents Hate Speech

In an interview posted on FoxNews.com, political satirist Ami Horowitz interviewed UC Irvine student Matthew Guevara. Guevara explained his resolution, which banned the American flag in some spaces on campus and declared it to represent “hate speech.”

“[The American flag] made people feel very uncomfortable and unsafe in that room,” Guevara said.

Guevara’s resolution passed by a 6-to-4 vote back in March. In the interview, he explained what prompted him to promote such a resolution.

“It was creating a very hostile environment just because of this flag being in the room,” he continued. “It doesn’t make people feel welcome at all to where people wouldn’t go in the space anymore because it was on the wall.”

Horowitz proposed to Guevara that there was a “legitimate view” that the flag represents hate speech.

“Yeah, exactly,” Guevara replied. “It’s a tool to silence people.”

He went on to say he would have been as equally uncomfortable with the Nazi or ISIS flag hanging in the room as he was the American flag, adding that the United States is the most evil in the world.

Guevara went on to offer his thoughts on other issues, including racism in the United States and said blacks were still enslaved in this country.

Many people have died for that flag so he can open his whiney pie hole. Seriously if you don't like the flag and what it stands for, no one is holding you back from leaving. How the fuck can a flag silence you? Grow a pair and have some respect for something that made this country great.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

It's hard to believe that there a twisted little fucks like that out there. Well, it used to be. I wish someone would make an example out of him, wipe the floor with him and throw his lifeless sack of shit body back across the Rio Grande.

Comment

Need to drop his ass into boot camp and ship him overseas for a while. I bet he would learn a new found respect for that flag then. Or he would desert to ISIS and our administration would trade known terrorists for him. 50/50 shot but hey.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Just another pussy in a whole generation of pussies.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
            It's hard to believe that there a twisted little fucks like that out there. Well, it used to be. I wish someone would make an example out of him, wipe the floor with him and throw his lifeless sack of shit body back across the Rio Grande.
            That's what's changed with society -- no one takes up for the true American ideals anymore. Everyone is afraid to hurt someone's feelings instead of telling them, "Shut the fuck up!" It's sickening to see.

To me, I look at certain athletes and celebrities the same way. People glorify Muhammad Ali as one of the greatest athletes in the world and they even let him light the Olympic torch in Atlanta. People forget that's the same guy who refused to serve when called upon to fight in the Vietnam War. Screw him and screw the rest of the people like this punk who doesn't like the flag.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              That's what's changed with society -- no one takes up for the true American ideals anymore. Everyone is afraid to hurt someone's feelings instead of telling them, "Shut the fuck up!" It's sickening to see.

To me, I look at certain athletes and celebrities the same way. People glorify Muhammad Ali as one of the greatest athletes in the world and they even let him light the Olympic torch in Atlanta. People forget that's the same guy who refused to serve when called upon to fight in the Vietnam War. Screw him and screw the rest of the people like this punk who doesn't like the flag.
              are you a Vietnam veteran?
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                http://video.foxnews.com/v/446242795...#sp=show-clips

Just another pussy in a whole generation of pussies.
                That was odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  are you a Vietnam veteran?
                  I know the point you are going to make. It all started with that generation of entitled fucksticks. They are going to do their best to bankrupt this country on the way into the ground too.
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                    I know the point you are going to make. It all started with that generation of entitled fucksticks. They are going to do their best to bankrupt this country on the way into the ground too.
                    were they the generation that came up with the social security ponzi scheme?

Comment

assimilate or get the fuck out . for that little fucker the flag should represent fear .

Comment

has ss been run as designed it would be fine.

Comment

I was just playing devil's advocate.

The notion that the fucking American flag is somehow "hate speech" is pure absurdity...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                            A generation didn't come up with it.
                            They let it happen and expanded it. Most of our governmental financial woes can be placed squarely at the feet of baby boomers.

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                            I was just playing devil's advocate.

The notion that the fucking American flag is somehow "hate speech" is pure absurdity...
                            Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                              has ss been run as designed it would be fine.
                              The SS?? That's a little harsh, don't you think?

Comment

Working...
                              X