No announcement yet.

Charity and why I don't believe in it anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I donate to St Judes and really thats about it.

Comment

I donate to the SPCA, United Way, & Salvation Army.

I work by Preston RD & George Bush Tollway and everyday you see some homeless guys there with signs. Then I see them at the Shell station right by there buying 40's and bottles of wine. Pathetic

Comment

When I was 13 I got a job on industrial in dallas. I tried to help several of the bums at first. All it took for me was one summer of being around those worthless, greedy, lazy bastards to build a life long resentment.

Comment

I have adopted Cornelius Vanderbilt's attitude. One day when walking in New York he walked by a line of poor people and was asked to give, he said "Let them do what I did" and gave nothing.

Essentially, i'm tired of being robbed by the IRS every fucking year and if the government wants to take my money in the name of FORCING me to help support lazy people, there won't be one more dime that leaves my pocket in support of that cause.

I do donate things to Goodwill though. But not money.

The only thing I will consider donating money to is medical causes like St. Jude's, the rest of the lazy shit stained masses can do what I did or they can go get fucked.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I donate to organized charities I like, or I donate to state/national parks, hunter friendly conservation funds, whatever I like that feeds me.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'll donate clothes and furniture that I no longer need to the local women' shelter.

I'll make sure to load up the "Scouting for food" bags because I know where that food goes.

I'll donate my time.

That's it. When someone asks me for money, I'll put them to work. They can earn it. If they do a good job, I'll donate one of my beers.

Comment

I donate to the combat vets motorcycle association and to the DAV
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                  I have adopted Cornelius Vanderbilt's attitude. One day when walking in New York he walked by a line of poor people and was asked to give, he said "Let them do what I did" and gave nothing.

Essentially, i'm tired of being robbed by the IRS every fucking year and if the government wants to take my money in the name of FORCING me to help support lazy people, there won't be one more dime that leaves my pocket in support of that cause.

I do donate things to Goodwill though. But not money.

The only thing I will consider donating money to is medical causes like St. Jude's, the rest of the lazy shit stained masses can do what I did or they can go get fucked.
                  I just got done reading The First Tycoon: The epic life of Cornelius Vanderbilt. It was a great book and he was an awesome man that didn't take no shit from anyone. Hell he made his wife get a job and support the kids with her money even though he was worth millions lol.

Comment

I donate my time to multiple charities, but not my money.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                      I simply do not believe in charity anymore.

If I see you standing on the corner holding a Hooter's cup, your hat, your disabled veteran sign, or you don't speak a word of English or Espanol and approach me with your hand written note with your sad no money story on it, FUCK YOU.

Every time I get paid, I fork over 25% of everything I make so you can get Foodstamps, Section 8 housing, Tax credits, food at food banks, free cell phones (look it up if you don't believe this), free clinics, free food for your kids at school (so they can learn your non work ethic), and now Obamacare!

I already give you more than you deserve.

Then to add insult to injury I pay sales tax, gas tax, automobile registration, insurance (I pay more because you have none), I pay for your free lawyer (public defendants), and I get to pay a slew of other taxes.

To top it all off I also pay into Medicare and Social Security, none of which I personally will ever see because you free loaders have bankrupt my entire country. The worthless start getting social security and medicare right away though even though they never contributed. Sweet huh?

Fuck you and your hats and cups. Go get jobs or you can starve for all I care.

I even pay taxes to bury your worthless no contributing asses when you die.

If you worthless no account types piss me off anymore, I may just quit my job then you'll really be fucked.

I'm sick of supporting freeloaders. This is America. This country was founded by hard working independent people. Become one or die for all I care.

Oh yes, and have a nice day too .

this.

I remember when i was working in Chicago,we drove by the Salvation Army Headquarters. Beautiful building, impeccably landscaped. Nothing but high end Mercedes, BMW & Lexus in the parking lot.

Fuckers.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                        I just got done reading The First Tycoon: The epic life of Cornelius Vanderbilt. It was a great book and he was an awesome man that didn't take no shit from anyone. Hell he made his wife get a job and support the kids with her money even though he was worth millions lol.
                        Read about Jay Gould next, Vanderbilt's biggest enemy. That man knew how to work the system.

When Jay Gould died they put guards at his crypt to guard against graverobbers but the media said it was "To keep him from rising from the dead to raid Wall Street one last time."
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

There's definitely a difference in private charity and the forced charity of taxes, etc that goes to welfare/entitlement programs.

I give more than enough of my time to charity with my job! lol

I do also donate to Goodwill and places like that, but only to private charities.
                          sigpic

Comment

I give to charities that I want to give to. Right now, it's Goodwill, a local woman's shelter and World Vision.

I don't give to solicitation charities (phone calls, hecklers in stores, etc).
                            I don't give to bums.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I donate to unwed mothers funds... in one dollar bills folded lengthwise and in $20's.

Fuck the bums on the streets. At least the Mexicans are at the cheap labor lots willing to work for money.
                              Last edited by Leah; Yesterday at 10:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X