Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May not mean much but my shop was voted best in Waco for 2016!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May not mean much but my shop was voted best in Waco for 2016!

I really dont know what it means if anything at all but I have always seen different stores and shops with plaques that say "Voted Best In Waco For XXXX" year and was informed today that my shop was voted best in Waco for 2016! I feel honored that our customers think so highly of us and am proud to have that plaque for our shop! I guess we are doing something right and am proud of my little crew.

Life has gotten pretty good the last couple years and I wanted to share it with you folks.
    Just a few years ago I was going through some really tough times and a lot of you stepped up and helped me out and got me out of my slump and I wanted to thank you all. That push and caring that I got from the members here really got me motivated in life and has allowed me to not only help others in the community but really enjoy life and finally propose to a woman I have loved for many years to start a life with.

I thank all of you that were so helpful and supportive and even the haters that helped push me even harder.

DFWMustangs rocks!
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Good for you.

Honestly, if you are even a decent, honest mechanic, you will be hard pressed to find parking for all of your customers. I have a buddy that runs a small, kind of shade tree type shop. Does all the weird shit most won't do and he is straight up honest and a good guy. Just by word of mouth he can not get cars turned around fast enough.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Awesome! Congrat's

Comment

Congrats man..I remember when you first popped up on the board and all the car problems you were dealing with. Looks like you set yourself up pretty good and have good morals....that will get you far in life.

Comment

Badass man! Things like that mean a lot! Congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats!!! Your the winner !!!

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
              Good for you.

Honestly, if you are even a decent, honest mechanic, you will be hard pressed to find parking for all of your customers. I have a buddy that runs a small, kind of shade tree type shop. Does all the weird shit most won't do and he is straight up honest and a good guy. Just by word of mouth he can not get cars turned around fast enough.

I think this is true. My diesel mechanic has so much work it's tough to get in on short notice. Plenty of competition, some knowledgeable, few decent and honest. Rare to find all three. If they aren't outrageously expensive, then you have a unicorn.

Oh, and congrats!
              Last edited by jluv; 12-10-2016, 11:02 AM.

Comment

I don't post much however I enjoy your running thread about your shop. You seem like a good guy that really does try to help out your customers. Congrats on the recognition. Now go get a chicken salad sandwich before someone else gets it.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

That's awesome, man! Congrats! I really like seeing good, honest independent mechanics succeed, and you seem to be doing pretty damn well for yourself. Keep it up!
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Congratulations, don't take on too much work, keep the quality high, and bankroll that cash!
                      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thats the plan. We have same or next day turn around which is a big plus to our customers. Most shops need the cars for days before they even look at it.
                          I am about to take over the building next to me just so I can do alignments and have two more lifts. We keep all three filled 0% of the time so I think we can support a few more.
                          Alignment machine will take FOREVER to pay for itself but I hate sending people out for it.We do all this front end work and have to send then to Trinity or Tires To You for alignments. Funny thing is the last 6 front end overhauls i did they customer came back (each one) and said the car needed zero adjustment. I dont know how I did it but I can eyball the hell out of an alignment. On camber I am never off by more than .1* and toe I am never off by more than .2* and thats usually toe in. I have never been off on castor but we rarley ever effect that with tie rods or struts or control arms.
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Was it voted on through the paper? They will generally run an issue that gives all of the winners, so that will be free publicity. Hang that plaque somewhere that it can be seen. Don't go out of your way to tell people about it, but be proud of it and make sure they can see the plaque! Run a thank you ad in the paper if they are the ones who held the awards/voting and if you have an e-mail list send out a blast, thanking your patrons for voting for you and offer some kind of discount. In your industry, it says a TON about your business.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Kickass! Congrats brotha.

Comment

Working...
                              X