Shave cream and after shave....discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shave cream and after shave....discuss

Time to change up the shave routine. Used typical shave foam and aftershave for years. Then a couple of years ago I switched to Monat shave cream and Monat after shave. It seemed to cut down razor burn. Well the last order of Monat, something changed and it is like shaving without anything. Almost dread the thought of shaving now. So it is time to find something else. I gave up Gillette Mach series razors about 5 years ago in favor of the Tough Blade brand. They also seem to have gone way down in quality. When I first started using them, they lasted the entire month or longer that they were advertised to last. Now I am lucky to get 5-6 shaves out of each one.

I've been using Dollar Shave club's Dr. Carver's Shave Butter and razors. Can't beat the quality for the money. Aftershave has been and always will be Old Spice for me. It's a throwback to my dad'd scent when I was growing up...my fiance' likes the smell of it too.
    01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

I shave with straight water. No issues

Comment

I shave in the shower using shampoo or whatever soap I have. Granted I do have a beard and am just cleaning up the neckline but it works. When I did have to shave my face shaving oil worked a lot better than creams.

Monat is a MLM btw, they may have made decent stuff but they prey on stay at home moms.

Comment

I ran out of my usual canned shaving cream, Edge or something like that, and had to use my son’s. I think he got it at Wal Mart. To my surprise, it irritated my skin less, and I seem to get longer life out of blades. I also have a beard, so only shave my neck and face above the beard.

With that said, I placed an order with Duke Cannon for some other products, and thought I’d try their shave stuff out. I’ll let you know what I think when the order arrives.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I use a beard trimmer w/out a guard so there's minimal stubble. My beard is too curly to do clean shaven with regularity, I'll get ingrown hairs and screw a bunch of those.

Comment

I have a foaming face wash that I use to shave with. It's much thinner than shave creams and works great. I buy a bulk pack of mach razors a year, they last weeks.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

When I shaved, I used Nivea shave gel. Now that I have a beard and it is just clean up, a little bit of water and I'm good to go.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I use regular ole Barbasol foam, one can last almost a year and it's very inexpensive. On the blades, I used to be a Gillette user for as far back as I can remember, but about 10 years ago I started using Harry's, their blades last about a month, I shave about 3-4 times a week, they used to be a bargain online, but now you can buy them at Target. They are still better quality than Gillette and a little cheaper. You can also get an initial on the blade handle, they come with an 'H' so I get mine for free.
                  On the aftershave, GIO aftershave lotion for me, it smells nice and my wife and most ladies love the scent, not to over bearing.
                  I've also tired Mary Kay's aftershave balm lotion, its very soothing, but I don't use it too much as it's kinda of expensive and hard to get...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Classic barasol for me, Harry’s razors, then finish with cold water and cremo beard and scruff cream. Really helps with razor bumps and beard dandruff
                    2012 GT500

Comment

My face hasn't been touched by a blade in years I just use a beard trimmer. I do use the regular barbasol for cleaning my hands after catfishing. That and cinnamon toothpaste are the best after a day of messing with slimey catfish and stink bait.

Comment

Harry's razors and shave cream. Great stuff! Order online or drop by Target. I shave daily and switched from Mach 1 razors about 4 years ago and will never go back. I normally order in bulk online, the product arrives about a week later in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          I shave with straight water. No issues
                          Same here. I don't recall ever using shaving cream. Clean the razor after every use with the jet from the shower head. Mach 3 or 4...can't remember. Blades usually last me a couple months..maybe 3.

Comment

Shaving mirror in the shower. Shaving cream, no after shave. Shower makes it so easy to do with the steam and water right there.
                            "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

I only shave once every six months.
                              sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                              🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                              X