No announcement yet.

Lowdown on Off-road parks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I won't be able to make it next Saturday. New job and I'm on call staring Monday through Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      I'm ready for next weekend! Got my OHV sticker today, drove to the park and got it at the gate, then drove around a little (well, Lyn drove).
      Take it easy if you actually end up going. Going solo around the roads is one thing, but a lot of the trails will jostle you around a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by GE View Post
        Take it easy if you actually end up going. Going solo around the roads is one thing, but a lot of the trails will jostle you around a lot.
        Yeah, I think with the trial run we did today I'll be OK. Just won't go fast, or over big rocks for sure! Lyn will probably be driving also. Blue trails for extreme rides for us, lol. If it gets too much, we'll just park at the pavilion and wait.

I forgot we were supposed to go to Ok. next weekend, so after we are done at the park, will be heading to Lawton to my brothers house.

Comment

• I’m pretty open on times, but in general, the earlier the better.
          Last edited by jluv; 03-10-2019, 05:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
            I’m pretty open on times, but I’m general, the earlier the better.
            9 or 10 works for me!

So who all is in?

Comment

• Craig just told me he can’t make it. Is anyone going who knows their way around out there? The map they give out is horrible. I definitely don’t want to end up in the mud like last time. Also hoping we have at least one other rig going where we can follow each other on the tougher trails and help recover each other if needed. Rob, I know you have to stay off the bumpy stuff, and I sure don’t want to be out there wheeling by myself, so I’m wondering if it’s a bust?

Comment

• Sounds like it may be. Sucks, I wanted to see ya!
                Oh well, one day we'll get together in Colorado maybe, I still go there to visit my folks. Ft Collins, but maybe we can meet somewhere?

Comment

Sounds like it may be. Sucks, I wanted to see ya!
                  Oh well, one day we'll get together in Colorado maybe, I still go there to visit my folks. Ft Collins, but maybe we can meet somewhere?
                  Heck ya! Y’all really should get over to Lake City sometime. Tons of fun and scenic trails that your truck would be great on.

Comment

• Just talked to a friend in a small Jeep group that’s going out there Sunday morning. She goes out there almost every weekend. I might try to make it then. Then again, if it rains much this week, I’m definitely out.

Comment

Heck ya! Y’all really should get over to Lake City sometime. Tons of fun and scenic trails that your truck would be great on.
                      Mary & I plan on spending a day in Lake City in August on this years CO trip. May hit some trails, time allowing.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                        Mary & I plan on spending a day in Lake City in August on this years CO trip. May hit some trails, time allowing.

David
                        Hit me up if you want to run some trails together, or sit around a fire, or grab a bite, or have a drink, or burn one, or whatever! I should be around.

Comment

• Dang, from Ft Collins it is anywhere from 5 12/2 to 6 hours to Lake City. I guess I thought it was further North than it is.

Comment

Dang, from Ft Collins it is anywhere from 5 12/2 to 6 hours to Lake City. I guess I thought it was further North than it is.
                            Southwest. It’s super remote, and only one highway in and out, so it’s a good ways from everything else.

Comment

Southwest. It’s super remote, and only one highway in and out, so it’s a good ways from everything else.
                              Well, I have 4 wheel drive, so I make my own highways!

Comment

Hit me up if you want to run some trails together, or sit around a fire, or grab a bite, or have a drink, or burn one, or whatever! I should be around.
                                Damn brocefus. I’ll take all of the above for $500 -Alex!
                                Will do man. Of course you’ll have to pry Mary from the baby girl!

David

Comment

Working...
                                X