No announcement yet.

To the doctors on the site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The actual pain in my neck and back is bearable. What drives me crazy is the tingling numbness in my left leg and the shooting "zaps" of electricity that go from shoulder to shoulder through out the day. That's what the doc prescribed this pill for. I've been handling the pain with anti inflammatory muscle relaxers and CBD cream. The CBD seems to be doing more for me than all the others.

Comment

I have no idea about any of this but what about CBD oil? I have a friend that had rotator cuff surgery and when she got off of meds took that CBD oil and said it worked pretty well for her. It wasn't the same as pain pills the way she explained it but helped her relax.

Comment

My cousin's wife takes those "Gagapimpin" like Skittles but she is a crackhead ex methhead

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
          I have no idea about any of this but what about CBD oil? I have a friend that had rotator cuff surgery and when she got off of meds took that CBD oil and said it worked pretty well for her. It wasn't the same as pain pills the way she explained it but helped her relax.
          I'm going to try that when I go to get another jar of the cream. The cream was friggen God sent, it took me from literally laying on my back on the floor at a parents vs kids volleyball game after just warming up serving back and forth to playing three matches nearly pain free. Now there are days where it doesn't help, but at that point I'm not sure anything short of a bullet to the brain would make a difference.

Comment

My wife has been taking it for a couple of years stemming from totaling her car on George Bush one day. Got some neck injuries from it. It takes a while to start working but it really works well with her as long as she keeps taking it. She was getting constant headaches and neck pain and not able to sleep but while she’s on it she’s fine.

David

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
              I’ve done PT for several months to avoid needing rotator cuff surgery, and added in CBD oil but have not noticed anything really good or bad from having used it. I tried it mainly to see if it would have any possible effect on inflammation.

Comment

Long story, but will try to shorten it. I had rotator cuff surgery 3 years ago, neck disc replacement last year. I still have herniated discs between 1 & 2 & 3. Dr. won't fix those so I'm looking at lifetime of pain. I'm allergic to codeine so i only take tramadol for pain. It was suggested that I look into "spectrum confections". The guy who founded jelly belly jelly beans is selling cbd oil infused jelly beans. Ive managed to cut tramadol from up to 8 pills a day to 1 or 2 a day along with 2-3 jelly beans. I buy them from "haystack4life". Its not cheap $20 for 10 beans @10mg each.
                Your mileage may vary.

cbd oil infused jelly beans cut my pain pill usage from up to 8 to 1 or 2 a day. Worth a try.
                Last edited by johnboy; 05-03-2019, 08:06 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy View Post
                  Long story, but will try to shorten it. I had rotator cuff surgery 3 years ago, neck disc replacement last year. I still have herniated discs between 1 & 2 & 3. Dr. won't fix those so I'm looking at lifetime of pain. I'm allergic to codeine so i only take tramadol for pain. It was suggested that I look into "spectrum confections". The guy who founded jelly belly jelly beans is selling cbd oil infused jelly beans. Ive managed to cut tramadol from up to 8 pills a day to 1 or 2 a day along with 2-3 jelly beans. I buy them from "haystack4life". Its not cheap $20 for 10 beans @10mg each.
                  Your mileage may vary.

cbd oil infused jelly beans cut my pain pill usage from up to 8 to 1 or 2 a day. Worth a try.
                  man, I'm glad you're finding relief. I've been a guy with chronic back pain for many years, but I didn't know real pain until this last wreck messed my neck up. After seeing my MRI's the doctor was adamant about working on my back (he actually told me he was surprised that I could walk, and that I'm to never run or jog again.) he was so focused on my back that I had to practically fight him to work on my neck. My back I can deal with, but holy shit! neck pain is murder!!! When I turn my head It feels like sand in roller bearings, I can actually hear it in between my ears. And every now and then when I turn my head my neck will "catch" and there will be and audible click. My neck will kinda lock and I have to reverse the motion then slowly go around the position that caused the problem.
                  Pretty much not a moment goes by that part of my thoughts are occupied by neck pain. Only exception was the first couple of times I used CBD cream.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                    man, I'm glad you're finding relief. I've been a guy with chronic back pain for many years, but I didn't know real pain until this last wreck messed my neck up. After seeing my MRI's the doctor was adamant about working on my back (he actually told me he was surprised that I could walk, and that I'm to never run or jog again.) he was so focused on my back that I had to practically fight him to work on my neck. My back I can deal with, but holy shit! neck pain is murder!!! When I turn my head It feels like sand in roller bearings, I can actually hear it in between my ears. And every now and then when I turn my head my neck will "catch" and there will be and audible click. My neck will kinda lock and I have to reverse the motion then slowly go around the position that caused the problem.
                    Pretty much not a moment goes by that part of my thoughts are occupied by neck pain. Only exception was the first couple of times I used CBD cream.
                    Same here. Bad back and similar crap to with my neck, after being rear-ended by a kid going about 70. I’m near the end of PT, so it may be that I have this crap for life. They want to settle for $2800. I fucking lol’d.
                    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                    86 SVO - Sold
                    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                      The actual pain in my neck and back is bearable. What drives me crazy is the tingling numbness in my left leg and the shooting "zaps" of electricity that go from shoulder to shoulder through out the day. That's what the doc prescribed this pill for. I've been handling the pain with anti inflammatory muscle relaxers and CBD cream. The CBD seems to be doing more for me than all the others.
                      What CBD cream are you using, and where are you getting it? Our compounding pharmacy carries some CBD stuff, I probably should ask them about it too..

I dislocated my right shoulder a few times, starting at 16, and never got it looked at back then. Now, at 44 with osteoarthritis, it fucking aches constantly and sometimes really hurts. It clicks pops like crazy moving it, etc.. Had a bunch of imaging done and consulted with a Orthopedist, and he basically said they wouldn't recommend surgery in cases like mine, and there really isn't anything else that can be done. There are some bone spurs present, and he said if those get worse, they may be able to go in and clean them up some, but they weren't at that stage then (about 2 years ago).

I got the Louis CK line, basically saying that if I was an athlete or did very physical work the might consider, but since those don't apply, deal with it..

Comment

Originally posted by johnboy View Post
                        Your mileage may vary.

Interesting, I may have to look into those for my wife who always seems to be falling apart.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          What CBD cream are you using, and where are you getting it? Our compounding pharmacy carries some CBD stuff, I probably should ask them about it too..

I dislocated my right shoulder a few times, starting at 16, and never got it looked at back then. Now, at 44 with osteoarthritis, it fucking aches constantly and sometimes really hurts. It clicks pops like crazy moving it, etc.. Had a bunch of imaging done and consulted with a Orthopedist, and he basically said they wouldn't recommend surgery in cases like mine, and there really isn't anything else that can be done. There are some bone spurs present, and he said if those get worse, they may be able to go in and clean them up some, but they weren't at that stage then (about 2 years ago).

I got the Louis CK line, basically saying that if I was an athlete or did very physical work the might consider, but since those don't apply, deal with it..
                          CBD For Life Rub. I get if from a place in lewisvile called Cutting Edge Cryo

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

Your shoulder issues sound identical to mine. I was prescribed Mobic and it really seemed to help until I was dealing with some side effects and had to stop.
                            The pain could go from mild discomfort to severe from something as simple as holding my steering wheel in the wrong position for too long.
                            The original injury was over 10 years ago.

I’ve been looking at the CBDMD website trying to motivate myself to give it a try for over a week now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              Your shoulder issues sound identical to mine. I was prescribed Mobic and it really seemed to help until I was dealing with some side effects and had to stop.
                              The pain could go from mild discomfort to severe from something as simple as holding my steering wheel in the wrong position for too long.
                              The original injury was over 10 years ago.

I’ve been looking at the CBDMD website trying to motivate myself to give it a try for over a week now.
                              I've never gotten much shoulder relief from Mobic, but it works really well when I have knee pain flareups. I take it as a preventative measure if I know I'm going to be doing some ladder work, but I got a Rx for 30 of them about a year ago and haven't used them up yet.

CBD seems to work well for a lot of people with different issues, give it a try.

Comment

Have you guys ever been to a chiropractor?

Comment

Working...
                                X