Best sound bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best sound bar

What’s the best sound bar for a large room? Our new place has a big vaulted/cathedral type ceiling with nice wood so I’m not interested in hanging speakers on it. Since I’m planning this purchase and want good quality I’m open to spending some cash on it - as long as it’s worth it.

Does anyone have a good one that they’re impressed with?

just go to best buy and check them out. there are a few magnolia best buy that have more home entertainment stuff.

Comment

We have a Sony system and we really like it

Comment

There are quite a few good ones out there. I picked up a Vizio 5.1 42 inch soundbar with sub and 2 satellites at Best Buy on clearance for $189.99 about 3 yrs ago and it sounds amazing for the money. Vizio has obviously updated their offerings after 3 yrs and sells newer ones at Costco and other stores. Like said...go check em out in person before buying one.

Comment

I run a Harman Kardon in our den. It works well, but isn't anything like the setup upstairs with stand alone speakers all around. It's not bad for everyday though, and we have a large den with high ceilings that is open to the breakfast nook and kitchen. I chose it because it sounded good but also because it does HDMI switching. I have blu-ray and Directv hooked to it.

Comment

I have the Samsung soundbad we got at Costco a couple years ago, and I hate it. It’s better than the Tv for sure, but it still has issues with getting a louder “centered” sound, if that makes sense. I’d recommend listening to whatever you’re about to buy before getting it.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I’ll definetly be checking them out in person at bestbuy. I’ve been looking forward to doing that.

Comment

I'm always on the hunt for the perfect soundbar...

A few years ago I had it. The JBL SB 300. It was a huge system that provided huge sound. Crystal clear highs, unbelievable bass and best of all would not distort at any volume level. I included it when I sold my 75" Samsung. Sold it because I constantly had that thing cranked up and figured it was going to blow sooner or later and the fact that it didn't have Bluetooth was starting to become an issue for me. Plus, I was such a fan of it I bought an extra one just before they became discontinued. I had it on clist for a pretty hefty price tag and surprisingly enough it sold last year. Lately, I've thought about putting a projector upstairs and was thinking about searching for one on clist or ebay.

Personally, I don't think they make them like they used to. With that being said, what kind of TV do you have? Maybe, getting a matching soundbar? For instance Samsung has about 7 different models currently available to pair with my TV starting at $199 and going all the way up to $1300 with Atmos.

So I just took down a Samsung HW-J470 4.1 Soundbar with Wireless Surround Sound 460 Watts (It's for sale btw https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/el...500950587.html) I have a large living room (almost 20x20) and it had no problem providing a pleasurable audio experience. The Wireless Surround Sound provided a cool effect I enjoyed. I'm replacing it with an HW-M550 just so the model number can match my UN75MU8000. Dumb reason, but I'm weird about stuff like that.

Comment

how come the sound sucks on these fancy TVs? i have to turn mine up to 50 while watching netflix

Comment

Make sure it has a center channel or you’ll be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The tv is 75” Sanyo from Walmart that cost me $400 on sale. I’m fine with the tv for now but want good audio. I can’t hang or wire a multiple speaker system. I AM a multiple speaker guy but this living room/attic/ceiling layout doesn’t allow for it. I’ve got a media room in this casa that I’ll hook up with a 4K projector and legit surround sound system later.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                        how come the sound sucks on these fancy TVs? i have to turn mine up to 50 while watching netflix
                        Because honestly the manufacturers expect that anyone buying a large TV will want a sound system to complete the package...and in their defense...the speakers built into the OLD big screen TV's from the 90's were pretty damn good....but you had that 300 pound cabinet taking up a large section of your room...so then you had the early LCD and DLP projections sets which cut the weight down to 1/4 and had better picture quality...but the smaller cabinet meant smaller speakers but still better than most flat panel TV's today.....so then the manufacturers have to decide whether to make larger TV's with better speakers.....or slimmer TV's that can be mounted on a wall and have a very small footprint...smaller footprint and large screen is going to sell more than larger/heavier TV...because MOST people that buy these large TV's will eventually buy/build a sound system to complement them.

Comment

i see

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                            The tv is 75” Sanyo from Walmart that cost me $400 on sale. I’m fine with the tv for now but want good audio. I can’t hang or wire a multiple speaker system. I AM a multiple speaker guy but this living room/attic/ceiling layout doesn’t allow for it. I’ve got a media room in this casa that I’ll hook up with a 4K projector and legit surround sound system later.
                            here you go: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Refurbish...ofer/151004175

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
                              Hope you got it. It was $69.99 but showing $100 now

Comment

Working...
                              X