Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    People died back then, too.

I honestly can't remember if I ever saw that mail truck in person or have just heard so much about it that I think I did.

Oh yeah. Regal Row, Northwest Highway, Cici's Lake Arlington, Diplomacy, and behind the Matlock Fry's Electronics as well. Tried to do the Miller Brewing thing once but we couldn't find anyone that night.
    Any of you remember the Fox body that went airborne over the RR tracks in the industrial complex at Investment Drive? Never seen a crowd leave quicker. Driver died.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
      Why can't the street races just be the street races anymore? Everyone's gotta ruin everything?
      These car meets, no one actually racing, just poorly executed shenanigans.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
        Any Post N Paddock alumni here?
        Here!

Comment

People died back then, too.

I honestly can't remember if I ever saw that mail truck in person or have just heard so much about it that I think I did.

Oh yeah. Regal Row, Northwest Highway, Cici's Lake Arlington, Diplomacy, and behind the Matlock Fry's Electronics as well. Tried to do the Miller Brewing thing once but we couldn't find anyone that night.
          My office is on Regal. There is still fresh rubber almost every week....

Comment

Railhead as well. Place was no good to race. Last time I went there were hundreds of cars. Cops blocked the only way out and we spend the rest of the night waiting to get a "participation in an illegal street race" ticket. All passengers were getting tickets as well so a lot of them la migra'd through the muddy fields into some fast food joint.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
              Railhead as well. Place was no good to race. Last time I went there were hundreds of cars. Cops blocked the only way out and we spend the rest of the night waiting to get a "participation in an illegal street race" ticket. All passengers were getting tickets as well so a lot of them la migra'd through the muddy fields into some fast food joint.
              we lovingly referred to it as "jailhead" after getting caught up there a few times. i remember being in a truck and hitting that big field to gtfo at least once.

Comment

Can’t forget about the hello-pad (regency crest) in garland or white swan near 30&buckner
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Is Railhead in SE Fort Worth? Seem to remember cruising it but it was dead that night. Might have been the same night we tried Miller Brewing.

Comment

Ah memories of the 90s...

Comment

Speaking of mail truck era and newberry.. there was a green fox body with silver or tan ground effects I can’t remember that said “Texas performance” on the windshield that didn’t hook up for shit but basically beat everything including bikes.. you could really feel it as it passed you
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

"I'll set you guys out five for $100 but I'm going to be on a slick"

Then they got loved tenderly

Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          "I'll set you guys out five for $100 but I'm going to be on a slick"

Then they got loved tenderly

Throw down some VHT in your lane for good measure.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                            Ah memories of the 90s...
                            Indeed. Best one for me was a time at Newberry when the cops showed. There's always that one champion who takes one for the team and somehow grabs the attention of every cop who shows. One such character did a hill climb up the embankment onto 635. Took a few switchback maneuvers, but he did make it. At least two or three Crown Vics behind and they got about half way before giving up. We were all leaving in a hurry and when we saw that, just had to stop and watch. Looking back that place was dangerous a/f to race. Cars parked bumper-to-bumper on both sides, no shoulder all the way down the street.

Comment

shit was awesome back then. total disregard for safety and common sense, and just being a dumbfuck kid.

lining up three wide before the curve on royal. that curve and shit tires. i was a fucking idiot back then. a girl someone was with got shot in the foot on royal one night if i remember correctly.

i was always partial to northwest hwy by the liquor store. nice long straight with plenty of room. regal row was a close second, but regal row and newberry were sketchy as fuck though. speaking of shootings, i also remember the white limo that homeboy popped up through the sunroof firing an ak in the air.

really only watched the faster cars at white swan.

Comment

Those times created memories that stick with us forever. I can dig that.

Got blocked in one night at Post and Paddock (I think we were actually off of Avenue J). Cops wrote tickets for anything and everything, and arrested quite a few folks. We were all stuck there for hours.

I swear there were some races we went to over by Alliance airport where there were cops posted up one the main road in, maybe 1/2 mile from the actual racing, and they never busted us. It was like they were cool and just let us do our thing all night.
                                Last edited by jluv; 02-13-2020, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X