Anyone had a HD painted? Cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
    That's a great price. You'll spend almost half of that on base and clear coat if you don't already have it that is. Most of that stuff has to be hung, so painting it can be a bitch. If still had my business I would charge you about $2000.00ish and tack on another five hundo to strip it down. Good luck...
    That thing is long gone. Some bikes it is better to start with what you want instead of trying to make something work. Oh and 2500 for Harley parts is a tad extreme. I have painted cars and motorcycle's before. Hell we use to paint old street rods by hanging the parts separately. Now that was fun. I have the gun, compressor, reducer, mask and supplies. Just lazy some days. I may even paint the monster in the driveway.

I have been out riding the Raider today. F this crazy weather.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
      That thing is long gone. Some bikes it is better to start with what you want instead of trying to make something work. Oh and 2500 for Harley parts is a tad extreme. I have painted cars and motorcycle's before. Hell we use to paint old street rods by hanging the parts separately. Now that was fun. I have the gun, compressor, reducer, mask and supplies. Just lazy some days.
      I hear you, the prep is the hardest, painting is easy, lol.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I have put about 200 miles on this thing and it is starting to grow on me. I need tunes though and have been eyeballing a batwing and some hard bags or maybe a round bag for the second seat.Would need color matched though. Reminded me of how much fun it can be to ride a modern bike and not the Shovel.

The dirtbike can get me a nice 6.0 Chevy for the beast!
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Dirt bike is set to trade for a low mile LQ4 with computer set up for my 4L80e and a three wire connection! We will see next week as the guy is meeting me at rednecks with paychecks.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
          X