Recomendation for someone to some exterior home work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recomendation for someone to some exterior home work

I need to find someone to replace the caulking on the exterior of the house. No way I am attempting to do it myself. First, I can never get the bead to look good, second, no ladder to reach the tops of the windows.

Anyone have anyone they can recommend? We called a window guy who said he does it, but he never showed up to give the estimate.

give these guys a call, they've been doing everything at our new house, and awesome to work with.

Elliott Presser, Spire Construction 972-400-0192

Tell him Jack Burton sent ya

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

Tell him Jack Burton sent ya
      Whooo!!???? JACK BURTON, ME!!! Love that part

I'm guessing I'm not the only one that says "Sooner or later I rub everyone the wrong way"

Comment

Old thread, but thought I'd post up what was done this past weekend.

So we had a window guy out to fix a window, and he also re caulked all the exterior windows. He did some of the interior windows where the caulk was separating a little, more of a cosmetic fix. He noticed on a couple behind the blinds at the very top, there was zero caulking. Some had about 1/4 inch gap, so air from the attic was just pouring into the rooms where the windows were like that.
        The front room is always either too warm or too cold compared to the rest of the house. That fucking window had a gap at least 2 inches where the blind covered it up. and the 3 windows together are maybe 10 feet across.
        After removing every blind in the house, he re caulked/repaired the gaps and holy shit, what a difference! That room is the same temp as the rest of the house now.
        I can't believe I never looked at that, but if you do not remove the blinds, it is hard to see. Fucking new home builders and their cheap-asses trying to save a buck on some caulk!

Comment

Working...
        X