Anybody work at Ford in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody work at Ford in here?

So, My moms 2000 lexus caught on fire in the middle of the night a month ago. A nephew of mine was gonna scrap his old mustang cause his dad gave him a newer car. So i bought the 99 mustang for 300 and gave it to my mom. Has 2 big issues for her. One a/c is stuck in defrost and the cluster gas gauge doesnt work. Stuck doesnt move. Even if I unplug the harness on the back of the fuel tank does not move. After looking around I am finding out i cant just throw a cluster in and it will work. It has to be reprogrammed. And she only has one key. My mom has no money. One dealer is telling me it would cost 139 to reprogram plus cutting a second key. Why do I need a second key idk. Anybody have any ideas or tips or connections? TIA

bro i do not know how your mom treated you growing up, but i would hand my mom a pen and a small spiraled pad after i remind her the fucking odometer works.

then, because that bitch is my mom, i would put money together to buy her a used corolla or something similar.

Comment

If you would take the time to reply in the other thread you created about your defrost issue people would probably help you with that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by jammeejamm View Post
        bro i do not know how your mom treated you growing up, but i would hand my mom a pen and a small spiraled pad after i remind her the fucking odometer works.

then, because that bitch is my mom, i would put money together to buy her a used corolla or something similar.
        Yeah, I spent about 10K on the lexus before it caught on fire. Suspension and new transmission. Plus the car itself. Than she has a headlight bulb replaced and caught on fire a few days later. I do what I can to help her out.

Comment

Check with a locksmith, I remember spending around 60ish for a key cut and programmed.

Comment

Buy a key off of amazon for $5 and take it to a locksmith and have it cut and married to the ecm for $25 to $50 depending upon the smith. As far as the issues I can't help you.
            It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Working...
            X