Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Operation CLean up the ranger has begun.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Operation CLean up the ranger has begun.

Recently I realized exactly how much I've neglected my little ranger these past few years. I was invited to be a part of a new Roadkill show in Phoenix a little while back. I was so excited until I started reading the rules and realized my truck would not be allowed to participate. She's still fun to drive, but honestly I wouldn't trust it past a 30 mile trip. My wiring is a rats nest, it leaks like crazy, and everything rattles. Sometimes it runs great, and sometimes, it bangs and pops and goes nowhere. I don't want to change the look of the truck on the outside, but I do want to make it do everything better. I'd love to
    so here's the plan.
    Yesterday I ordered a new engine harness
    I have a PIMP unit mega squirt ecu,
    electric boost controller
    HKS blow off valve
    all new 3" aluminum intercooler piping
    new intake
    new header being made
    new accessory brackets and belt tensioner
    manual steering gear
    larger better not smoking Turbo
    and I'll be running new exhaust most likely right fender exit.
    I recently put antique
    I'm also going to patch the holes in the firewall from the removed heater box, and repaint the engine.

The other day I put antique plates on it, and don't drive it as a daily anymore. It now officially a toy, so I can get away with all the crazy crap I've always wanted to do but didn't.
    I'd really like to run the power tour with it at least once in my life, and I figure a next year goal isn't to crazy to shoot for. Other than that, it's nothing but car meets and racetrack, maybe the occasional run to the dump. I'm very excited about the idea of finally giving this little truck the life I've always wanted for it. And who knows, maybe I can even be a little fast.

Subscribed for the pretty parts

Comment

they might look silly in this thing. But who cares. there's not an inch of this trucks body that wouldn't need straightening, so I'm going to run with it. Only way I'd conceder paint is if I replaced all the doors hood and fenders with fiberglass. it's 2950lb right now, I'd like to be closer to 2500lb when it's all said and done. And more over if I did repaint it, you know I'd be going back with the original paint.

Comment

Following!
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

subscribing.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

this should be a fun thread if I can get imgur to let me upload crap.

Comment

Cool
              07 GT500
              05 SRT10
              88 turbocoupe T-bird
              93 Cobra
              86 coupe
              Ducati 848

Comment

Leave the body alone and post pics!

Comment

About damned time

Comment

HAHA
                    I'm going to start messing with it this weekend. I'll share detailed pics, and plan on doing video.
                    I'm sitting right under 3k lbs right now and am not happy with it. also the rust is getting deeper, and the paint is getting thinner. I could loose a crap ton of weight with glass fenders, doors, and bed sides while getting rid of all my dents at the same time. We will see if I change my mind before I spend the money.

Comment

You gotta keep the paint scheme the same

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                        You gotta keep the paint scheme the same
                        even if I completely restored it that will never change.

Comment

parts showed up! man this is going to be nice.
                          This harness is setup specifically to be used with my PIMP ecu.

Comment

That's a nice looking box........

Comment

If you decide to have paint and body work done the guy that did my Miata was awesome and quite a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X