Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starbucks..... and this is where we are....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starbucks..... and this is where we are....

new starbucks training manual

the company's "Third Place Policy" — which would allow anyone to hang out or use the restrooms in its stores, regardless of whether they purchase anything — has already been leading partners and customers to question how Starbucks can continue to function as a business and refrain from becoming a chain of "homeless drop-in centers."
    Starbucks Executive Vice President Rossann Williams gave an example, claiming she observed a barista approach a customer who was using uncomfortable language and say: “You are in our store every day, and we love that this is your third place, but from one human to another human, the language that you are using is making other customers uncomfortable. So either you have to change your behavior, and stay and be a part of our third place, or I’m going to have to ask you to leave, and you can come back at a later time, when you feel like you can be a part of our third place. And in fact if you want to go have a seat, I’ll bring you over a cup of water, just to make sure that it’s a great rest of your day.”
    Here's a thought.... how about focusing on paying customers and expecting others to act like adults to begin with?

I am now actually hoping that this chain goes down in flames....

Originally posted by Gargamel View Post
    I am now actually hoping that this chain goes down in flames....
    It will. They just guaranteed that I won't set a single foot in one. It's not like I went often before, but now I have a reason to avoid them at all cost.
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Boy did they fuck up. They are going to miss my $4 a year!

Comment

Buy a Nespresso machine and never look back.

Comment

Naa there are too many liberal hippies out there who think the exact same way. That shit hole of a business wont be going anywhere.

Comment

The advancement of time and the destruction of language has brought us here.

Comment

They don't have a negative cash flow position, they're fucking broke!
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                It will. They just guaranteed that I won't set a single foot in one. It's not like I went often before, but now I have a reason to avoid them at all cost.
                Not baiting just curious, is that because of the goofy language they're using, or that they allow non-customers to use their facilities?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                  Not baiting just curious, is that because of the goofy language they're using, or that they allow non-customers to use their facilities?
                  Because I have no desire to see a bum shooting up heroin at a coffee shop, and this is what they are setting themselves up for.

Comment

All they have to do is specify that the restroom is to be used solely for using the toilet and washing hands, and they still have license to boot abusers of any kind. Hell, illegal activity is illegal activity, paying customer or not.

Comment

You think a barista or manager would call the cops to get a drug abuser out of the store? This is what their VP just spent a day beating into their heads:

...Starbucks executives discussed the correct way to deal with a disruptive customer now that the company has publicly stated that all people, whether they make a purchase or not, are welcome to at all Starbucks locations.

Starbucks Executive Vice President Rossann Williams gave an example, claiming she observed a barista approach a customer who was using uncomfortable language and say: “You are in our store every day, and we love that this is your third place, but from one human to another human, the language that you are using is making other customers uncomfortable. So either you have to change your behavior, and stay and be a part of our third place, or I’m going to have to ask you to leave, and you can come back at a later time, when you feel like you can be a part of our third place. And in fact if you want to go have a seat, I’ll bring you over a cup of water, just to make sure that it’s a great rest of your day.”

Comment

Uncomfortable language isn't in the same ballpark as shooting up in a stall. I shouldn't put anything past the left at this point, but I'd like to hear their policy on illegal and illicit behavior.

Comment

It doesn't have to be someone literally shooting heroin. I also don't want to walk into a coffee shop and see a bunch of stankass mentally ill homeless people leering at me while enjoying the air conditioned comfort of their third place. Sorry man, it just ain't for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                            Uncomfortable language isn't in the same ballpark as shooting up in a stall. I shouldn't put anything past the left at this point, but I'd like to hear their policy on illegal and illicit behavior.
                            I dunno man. With how things are this day and age, I doubt any one would call the cops out of fear of being labeled a racist piece of shit and losing their job.

Comment

WTF is a "Third Place"?
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X