Caseless ammo score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
    Tyrone be killin' homies with a bolt action hunting rifle.
    literally everything cited is ignorant and incorrect. Cop killer bullets never existed, teflon was used to save wear on the bore not magically penetrate bullet proof vests. Caseless ammo isn't some "phamtom" bullet, it was a collosal failure, and even at the time this was written it was a clown shoe. No handgun was ever completely plastic, the glock has just as much metal as much any other weapon. Just stupid ignorance. The dumb leading the dumb.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Indeed. All attempts at creating a successful caseless firearm have failed. The Daisy VL, the Gyrojet, the G11, and the VEC91 all never took off. The G11 got very far and was almost adopted by the West German army but the reunification killed the project and nearly bankrupted Heckler & Koch GMBH. It was however awesome:

I predict that conventionally cased ammunition will take us directly to phased 40 watt plasma rifles.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        Indeed. All attempts at creating a successful caseless firearm have failed. The Daisy VL, the Gyrojet, the G11, and the VEC91 all never took off. The G11 got very far and was almost adopted by the West German army but the reunification killed the project and nearly bankrupted Heckler & Koch GMBH. It was however awesome:

I predict that conventionally cased ammunition will take us directly to phased 40 watt plasma rifles.
        Agreed. The G11 was a very complicated and expensive solution to a problem that never existed.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Indeed. Look at this bullshit and try to wrap your head around how this works and how your average German conscript would be able to maintain it/fix it in the field:

Comment

And there we have it, a footnote in firearm history with an 8 ounce trigger pull and an off switch for a safety.

Comment

really cool find. I like Ray's myself. You sometimes pay a bit more but they have all kinds of things in stock and on hand. It's definitely a candy shop for men.

The real cop killer bullets are legal to own. M2-AP with tungsten core. I need to get me some M2-AP bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose242 View Post
                So I was at Ray's yesterday kicking around when I stumbled upon this stuff. It is 5.7mm caseless ammunition that was on the back of a rack. It was covered in dust but I knew immediately what it was due to wasting hours looking at random gun crap on the net. The only firearm in history to use the round was the Voere VEC-91 electronic rifle. I bought a box for $33 just to keep as a collectible and then thought "this has to be worth money" so I looked for some online. I found one box on GB for $100, so I went back and bought the other 9 boxes they had. This stuff is incredible. It weighs a third as much as a regular .223 round and maintains the same performance characteristics!

I hate to necro this thread, but is there any chance you still have any if this ammo left? I just bought a rifle and need some! Oklahoma guy here. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X