X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Autosound Bedford Close

Like the title says...
    EW where you at?

Eric (EW) got a new job and the owner sold the place. It's still open with the same name, but it's definitely not the same caliber of place.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
      Eric (EW) got a new job and the owner sold the place. It's still open with the same name, but it's definitely not the same caliber of place.
      Good for Eric... He was the only reason I went there.

And, I'm not sure if they gave up already or what the deal is. I called a few times last week and never got a person on the phone. Ended up buying an amp from Amazon instead. Stopped by this morning to snag a fuse and the door was locked and the interior lights were off but it was still full of merchandise and the open sign was lit up.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
        Good for Eric... He was the only reason I went there.

And, I'm not sure if they gave up already or what the deal is. I called a few times last week and never got a person on the phone. Ended up buying an amp from Amazon instead. Stopped by this morning to snag a fuse and the door was locked and the interior lights were off but it was still full of merchandise and the open sign was lit up.
        Oh wow! I haven't actually been there since he left, but someone else was telling me they went by there and it's totally changed, and they're selling lame crap now, so I'd avoid them anyway.

Sadly, the small brick and mortar car audio places are almost extinct. I'd probably hit up Mobile Sound Systems on Cooper St in Arlington if I was in DFW and needed something I couldn't get online. Truthfully, though, I haven't been in that place in almost 20 years, but it's the last place I ever dealt with prior to becoming a customer of Autosound.

Comment

Oh wow! I haven't actually been there since he left, but someone else was telling me they went by there and it's totally changed, and they're selling lame crap now, so I'd avoid them anyway.

Sadly, the small brick and mortar car audio places are almost extinct. I'd probably hit up Mobile Sound Systems on Cooper St in Arlington if I was in DFW and needed something I couldn't get online. Truthfully, though, I haven't been in that place in almost 20 years, but it's the last place I ever dealt with prior to becoming a customer of Autosound.
          Seems like the small places could hold out, especially in a good economy. There’s plenty of folks that have no desire to install it themselves. Especially if you set one up around a lake... boats.

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
            Seems like the small places could hold out, especially in a good economy. There’s plenty of folks that have no desire to install it themselves. Especially if you set one up around a lake... boats.
            Everything is stacked against them. Brick and mortar businesses already have a hard time competing with the internet. Smaller car audio places also have to compete against CarToys and places like Trader’s Village. Today’s generation mostly doesn’t give a shit about quality car audio. They’re either totally content with an MP3 player/streaming and a set of ear buds, or their fine with the cheapest garbage they can get online and/or they just don’t know any better. The older generations that used to be into it typically move on from the hobby, have different priorities, and maybe even hearing loss, so they say “fuck it”. Combine all of that with the fact that most factory vehicles come with stereos now that sound really good to most people (who again, don’t know better, or just don’t care).

That business model has been dying for several years.

Comment

Don't forget how much harder the newer stock systems are to replace, it's no longer just single or double din.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd probably hit up Mobile Sound Systems on Cooper St in Arlington if I was in DFW and needed something I couldn't get online. Truthfully, though, I haven't been in that place in almost 20 years, but it's the last place I ever dealt with prior to becoming a customer of Autosound.
                Nick is the GM now, probably one of the most knowledgeable in the industry and he's worked there for 20+ years. They built my Sonoma when I used to do Usaci events and it did pretty well.

Comment

It didn't look like it used to with plenty of nicer/high-end stuff stacked up but I didn't really stick around very long when I figured out the door was locked.

And as follow up..... Some lady from there called me back this morning and said she had a missed call from me. Almost a full week later. I politely mentioned they might actually want to be there during their advertised business hours. (I didn't leave a voicemail or anything so aparently they are just calling people back. Lol must be sloooow)

Comment

Originally posted by JV106 View Post
                    I think there's still people who enjoy high quality audio while driving. I'm one of em, but I've only got it in 1 of the 4 vehicles I drive at irregular intervals. For me though, killing road noise comes first though. I want the road noise as low as it can be made for a given vehicle, then a decent sound system installed. And I think you're right, many people have no desire to install it themselves.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      I think there's still people who enjoy high quality audio while driving.
                      I'll usually at least do a speaker upgrade depending on the car. Even that is getting more difficult though. On newer FCA products the head unit will go into a limp mode if the speaker impedance isn't almost exactly what it expects so certain brands don't work and will shut down the entire system.

Comment

So where did Eric head off to?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          So where did Eric head off to?
                          From what Jose told me, he got of the sound business all together, I can't seem to remember what, but we were drinking and doing shots, so I forgot, but I do remember the part of him not doing stereo stuff anymore...
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                            From what Jose told me, he got of the sound business all together, I can't seem to remember what, but we were drinking and doing shots, so I forgot, but I do remember the part of him not doing stereo stuff anymore...
                            You two jackwagons must be racist. Why do you hate white people so much?
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              You two jackwagons must be racist. Why do you hate white people so much?
                              LMMFAO!!!

Brent, I know you don't mean that, you know I'm married to a white girl, my kids are half whiteys and iirc, Jose's girl is white.

Besides, Jose sez he's posted us going to watch UFC at Tight Ends multiple times and no one ever shows up.

What, do you need me to Sext you a personal invite?
                              Originally posted by Silverback
                              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                              X