No announcement yet.

***The OFFICIAL aviation pics thread***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Great pics.

Comment

• Was that Alliance today?
        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
          Great pics.
          Thanks man.
          Originally posted by Darren M View Post
          Was that Alliance today?
          Yes it was. Parking was B.S., but it was a good show.
          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
            Parking was B.S., but it was a good show.
            I got there at 9:30. No traffic, parked really close (general), and strolled right through the gate. My wife couldn't understand why we got there so early. She figured it out when we left after the F-22 and saw the line at the gate, and the backup on 35.

Comment

• Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
              I got there at 9:30. No traffic, parked really close (general), and strolled right through the gate. My wife couldn't understand why we got there so early. She figured it out when we left after the F-22 and saw the line at the gate, and the backup on 35.
              Yeah, I parked in VIP (what a joke). Getting in wasn't so bad. I got in my car to leave at 4:35 pm. I didn't get to a I35 until almost 6pm. There was nobody directing traffic, not a single employee or volunteer. It was ridiculous.
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• I left early knowing that I'd be able to watch the Blue Angels from the comfort of my front yard.

The beer was a lot cheaper too.

Comment

Yeah, I parked in VIP (what a joke). Getting in wasn't so bad. I got in my car to leave at 4:35 pm. I didn't get to a I35 until almost 6pm. There was nobody directing traffic, not a single employee or volunteer. It was ridiculous.
                  Yeah it was shit. It had one exit that everyone was feeding to. We drive through the ditch to get to the exit where it opened two lanes. But it took 20 minutes to get there. GA parking had long since emptied.

Comment

Sounds like when I went to the Air show at Carswell about 10 years ago.

Comment

• F22 Raptor with a little HDR.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. "
                      George Orwell

Comment

• Comment

• Cool read on j-nick.
                          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• I finally have a contribution to this thread. Saturday I worked the Terrell Air Show as one of the landing zone crew with East Texas CERT. I got to help land this Russian Mi-24 HIND attack helicopter just a few yards away from me. Thing is an absolute beast.

The seven stars represent the 7 pilots trained to fly these in the US.

I was also impressed with Vietnam era Russian MIG-17 that did some acrobatics, some with afterburner on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                              Cool read on j-nick.
                              For sure

It's cool they gave him all those images.

Comment

• Originally posted by NoClassic View Post

Any more info on what this "little" jet airplane is? Thanks.....
                                Mustangs previously owned:
                                1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                                1992 LX AOD
                                1993 LX Drag Car
                                1995 GTS
                                1997 Cobra
                                2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                                Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                                2016 Honda Accord Touring
                                2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Working...
                                X