No announcement yet.

1967 Mustang coupe Build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn man, I've been working on classic Mustangs since I was 16, but by the time you get done with this thing, you're going to be far outshine me when it comes to skins on the wall. I may have "built" my car with a lot of help from friends, but you are actually building the shit outta this thing.

You get the black belt of old car resurrection. I'm going to go play in the 8-12 year old class where I belong.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Damn man, I've been working on classic Mustangs since I was 16, but by the time you get done with this thing, you're going to be far outshine me when it comes to skins on the wall. I may have "built" my car with a lot of help from friends, but you are actually building the shit outta this thing.

You get the black belt of old car resurrection. I'm going to go play in the 8-12 year old class where I belong.

lol thanks man, I’ve been working on cars since I was about 16 myself. Maybe even 15 since I couldn’t drive yet and getting my first car running was the intro to me getting into cars. I’m 34 now well 33 until August 1st. But this is the first time I’ve gone into paneling and welding and cutting and all of this madness. It’s been a big challenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• How does every one feel about the “eleanor” body kits for the mustangs. It’s been my dream since 2000 to have an “Eleanor”, I don’t have a fast back obviously, but they do sell the kits for the coupes now, and I’ve found a used kit for 1750, regularly over 4K. Really thinking about getting it.

Comment

• i am not a fan, but to each their own.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• I dig it.

Comment

• Make it how you want it. Etch a unicorn on the back glass, fuck'em.

Comment

• I do love the style. I really only want to do the flares, side exhaust and rear deck lid. The front fascia I thought about doing differently. That way it could be my own version of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                  How does every one feel about the “eleanor” body kits for the mustangs. It’s been my dream since 2000 to have an “Eleanor”, I don’t have a fast back obviously, but they do sell the kits for the coupes now, and I’ve found a used kit for 1750, regularly over 4K. Really thinking about getting it.
                  Ugh. You were doing so well. It's your car, so do what you want, but you asked so here it is...

Fuck Eleanor. Right in the ear. That cheezeball copy of a clone of a Shelby with all that bubbly fiberglass on it.

The stock body of a 67 Shelby lowered with good wheels is 10x better than that whore Eleanor. Adding that crap to a coupe just makes it more half ass.

Look at this:

The hood is better, the grille is better. Plus, it doesn't have a gas cap in the stupidest place possible.

I've been driving classic Mustangs since 1991. Once Gone in 60 Seconds came out (which I don't hate, even though it's an objectively terrible movie), every dildo that never thought or cared about classic cars decided that was their new dream car to replace the white Countach poster on their wall. You were a kid, so you get a pass, but yeah.

In case I haven't been clear: Fuck Eleanor.

Comment

• ^Truth spoken. Leave the fiberglass crap body kits for Hollywood.
                    1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
                    TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
                    Work In Progress

Comment

• As a follow-up, look how bad ass a coupe looks with a regular Shelby grille and hood...

Comment

As a follow-up, look how bad ass a coupe looks with a regular Shelby grille and hood...

Oh sheet, I do love that look too. I once owned a 95 cobra and had the SVO side skirts for the side exit exhaust , and I love the look of that car with the side exit exhaust, mustangs to fear cells side skirts with the higher exhaust port exit that you have to modify the rocker panel for. I can I wonder if I have to run the fender flares so the side skirts don’t look bad for the side exhaust. But you’re totally right, that Shelby look on a coupe really looks great

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
                          Oh sheet, I do love that look too. I once owned a 95 cobra and had the SVO side skirts for the side exit exhaust , and I love the look of that car with the side exit exhaust, mustangs to fear cells side skirts with the higher exhaust port exit that you have to modify the rocker panel for. I can I wonder if I have to run the fender flares so the side skirts don’t look bad for the side exhaust. But you’re totally right, that Shelby look on a coupe really looks great
                          Side exit exhaust is great, but it is superfuckinloud, and you will choke on exhaust fumes at a stop light. You definitely notice a difference in both when there are no catalytic converters involved.

I personally like the optional cut-outs on the rear valance...

Edit: I probably don't need to say this, but just in case, I'm no kind of purist. I think these cars were made to be modified, and tastes differ. Just make sure you're making decisions with context and once it's done and you love it, tell opinionated assholes like me to go suck it if they don't like it.
                          Last edited by BLAKE; 07-17-2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Side exit exhaust is great, but it is superfuckinloud, and you will choke on exhaust fumes at a stop light. You definitely notice a difference in both when there are no catalytic converters involved.

I personally like the optional cut-outs on the rear valance...

Yeah my cobra was catless as well and the exhaust could be crazy , I did love the sound though and with how loud my current car is with it also being catless exhaust with longtubes , I don’t mind the noise or the smell lol

Comment

• I just really love this look, minus these hideoustail lights lol

Comment

• Gah but this just looks SO good lol

Comment

Working...
                                X