No announcement yet.

Extra gaming PC stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still need a power supply, an SSD, a video card better/newer than a 770, DDR 4 ram, something better than an I3 7100, and a monitor.

You guys have pretty much given me every other component for this build for free +/- beer and/or a handy.

Gotta love this site.

Comment

Even though I literally have no idea what I'm doing, I'm going to try and turn a optiplex 380 that I got for free into a gaming machine. I've been watching youtube and googling for two weeks solid. I got a few parts coming. Im expecting quite a bit of frustration, but I'm excited to learn something new and hopefully be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
        Even though I literally have no idea what I'm doing, I'm going to try and turn a optiplex 380 that I got for free into a gaming machine. I've been watching youtube and googling for two weeks solid. I got a few parts coming. Im expecting quite a bit of frustration, but I'm excited to learn something new and hopefully be successful.
        If it doesn't fit, it doesn't go there.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          Yeah, heard that in a couple videos.

Comment

I'm sure there are several of us here that can help out if you need it.

We need more gamerz.

Comment

Don't let women tell you that.

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
                Don't let women tell you that.
                They can say what they want. Doesn't mean I'm not going to still try.

Comment

I'm sure there are several of us here that can help out if you need it.

We need more gamerz.
                  I appreciate that, I got txrednecks number too. I figure once I start piecing it together and try to set it up, that's when the questions will really start.

Comment

I've got an EVGA 970 SSC I'm not using anymore.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

FWIW, I've used dozens of these ssd in cheap build/upgrades and they're great drives for the money. https://www.microcenter.com/product/...te-drive-(480g)

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                        FWIW, I've used dozens of these ssd in cheap build/upgrades and they're great drives for the money. https://www.microcenter.com/product/...te-drive-(480g)
                        What do you suggest on putting on these ssd's, the OS or games? I'm wanting to get a ssd but unsure what to put where.

Comment

If you've a lot of data, I suggest OS, programs and docs on ssd, music, pics, vids on reg hdd. If you're gonna get a higher capacity ssd, then it doesn't matter as you'll have space for whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
                            If you've a lot of data, I suggest OS, programs and docs on ssd, music, pics, vids on reg hdd. If you're gonna get a higher capacity ssd, then it doesn't matter as you'll have space for whatever.
                            I'm pretty much just making a gaming computer for GTA5, and cityskylines and the sort. I was wanting a Samsung 500gb, but its out of my price range right now.The link you posted looks to be a pretty great deal.

Comment

The just put them on the ssd. The one I linked is as fast as Samsung, but it'lll be light years faster than a reg hdd. You'll be happy with it I'm sure.

Comment

Since I got you here,

I'm attempting to build a budget gaming computer

Here's what I've got so far.

Dell optiplex 380
                                Windows 7 pro 64bit
                                1T harddrive
                                Zotac 1050ti graphics card
                                Corsair 450w PSU
                                Upgraded to a q6700 processor
                                ASUS Wi-Fi PCI Express Adapter (PCE-AC56)

I would like to get a 500Gb ssd to finish this out.

What are your thoughts? I think my graphics card may be over kill but I figure could be transferred to another build in the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X