DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > The Garage > Builds > Cobraman's 97 Cobra LSX build

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2014, 12:59 PM   #201
Cobraman
Fo Fi Six
 
Cobraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,114
Default

Looks like I'll be needing a new build thread! Plan is to either part or sell the cobra and then hit the green car hard:

Sumped tank, big fuel system, 4l60, most likely switch to car intake, single turbo. Finally got all the other bs out of the way so this build should take shape rather quickly. Goal is set at 600rw
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:04 PM   #202
cool cat
Lifer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 15,742
Default

What kind of shape is the 4L60 in? How much?
cool cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #203
Cobraman
Fo Fi Six
 
Cobraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool cat View Post
What kind of shape is the 4L60 in? How much?
Parts listed below are parts going on new project, sorry for the confusion.
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:45 PM   #204
CWO
4 rings
 
CWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Frisco
Posts: 18,762
Default

below what?
CWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:51 PM   #205
Cobraman
Fo Fi Six
 
Cobraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO View Post
below what?
Post 201- cool cat misread and thought I was selling 4l60
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 01:58 PM   #206
CWO
4 rings
 
CWO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Frisco
Posts: 18,762
Default

I see. Do you have any SN95 specific LSx stuff for sale?
CWO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:55 PM   #207
Z06killinsbf
Half drunk 'n hollow eyed
 
Z06killinsbf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: McKinney
Posts: 7,211
Default

How much for Cobra?
__________________
Pro-Touring Build
Z06killinsbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:20 PM   #208
Cobraman
Fo Fi Six
 
Cobraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
How much for Cobra?
Hasn't been decided quite yet. It has a lot of good parts on it

Built 31 spline rear. Auburn pro dif, 4.10's, c clip elims, welded axle tubes, upper and lower control arms- all done by Jamesb. He also did some kick ass torque box work on uppers and lowers. Has nice kyb gas adjustable shocks out back as well. Original cobra brakes. Paint is trashed but it is all straight. Cobra bumper and hood. Nice black interior- fr500 steering wheel, 03 cobra radio and shifter bezel/boot. Seats from 99gt are still in great shape. Comes with a nice set of cobra wheels that need tires. I'm debating on whether to sell it for parts. If somebody offered me $2k id sell.
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:21 PM   #209
Cobraman
Fo Fi Six
 
Cobraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWO View Post
I see. Do you have any SN95 specific LSx stuff for sale?
Only thing I've got is an aje 4l60 transmission crossmember for sn95. The ls swap k member is going in the fox
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:24 PM   #210
Denny
American Luxury
VIP Member
 
Denny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 55,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobraman View Post
Hasn't been decided quite yet. It has a lot of good parts on it

Built 31 spline rear. Auburn pro dif, 4.10's, c clip elims, welded axle tubes, upper and lower control arms- all done by Jamesb. He also did some kick ass torque box work on uppers and lowers. Has nice kyb gas adjustable shocks out back as well. Original cobra brakes. Paint is trashed but it is all straight. Cobra bumper and hood. Nice black interior- fr500 steering wheel, 03 cobra radio and shifter bezel/boot. Seats from 99gt are still in great shape. Comes with a nice set of cobra wheels that need tires. I'm debating on whether to sell it for parts. If somebody offered me $2k id sell.
Damn right you'd sell!
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 04:29 PM   #211
Cobraman
Fo Fi Six
 
Cobraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 7,114
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
Damn right you'd sell!
Cash Talks!!!

From what I totaled up, I can part the car for around $3k pretty reasonably, but that is a lot of time and hassle.
Cobraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:13 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.