Van Jones - Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Jones - Exposing Liberal Hypocrisy and Conservative Close-Mindedness

Just an interesting vid from Van Jones. I won't agree with this guy on a lot of progressive issues but at least he's not an asshole. I think I could enjoy debating him on various topics while enjoying a few beers.

The first thing he points out to his fellow liberals is that they are guilty of the same closed mindedness that they accuse conservatives of. They call conservatives uninformed because they only watch Fox News and the Wall St Journal when liberals themselves only watch CNN and NPR.

Can't watch it right now, but heck most conservatives I know do not watch much MSM type news anymore.
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Got to watch it now. Dude starts out real strong, then says we need conservatives that put the country first.

Yet we scream for border security. This is mutilated into being racist, but it's a national security concern, affects our budget and creates a lot of problems when you don't know who is in your country. This is no different than random strangers in your house hiding out. Some may help with the dishes/laundry/mortgage payment, some will rob you blind and some will kill your family. Without a good process/security though, there is no accountability.

Talks about police shooting unarmed blacks. Yes, there are blatant cases of this happening. However a majority of these things I learn about (white or black) START with the person getting shot being non-compliant and disrespectful...running, fighting and typically were not angels prior to their encounter with the police. The police are police, not parents.

Then this person proceeds to not mention the whole blacks killing blacks. Then generally high crime areas (not just a black thing) not having good parental figures...etc..etc. A lot of people come from crap environments and end up as good citizens - but typically had at least 1 good mentor or parent figure. This is a problem we can't just throw money at...etc. Especially with schools also being limited in the amount of discipline they can dish out.

Then claims that we lump all muslims as terrorists - there generally is a lack of trust due to no border security and it being discovered multiple times of people being allowed entrance and having known affiliations with terrorist groups...etc. No, they are not lumped together, BUT - the government is not helping the trust factor with their constant screw ups.

Then implies that conservatives are all white, while if you look at Trump voters - the black and hispanic votes really helped push the election in the direction it ended up in.

We scream for a budget that reduces our national debt, but yet the liberals want more "programs" that would spend money we simply do not have anymore.

In my eyes, we generally put country first before an individual group or person's welfare. Those things should come from the community, church and/or family. I do not think they really want a group that puts country first at all. That makes them mad and then they call us names and stuff.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Working...
      X