Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Most Unexpected Thing" Bored Thursday Thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
    Last summer I was back home for a buddy's wedding and watched a kid on an R1 blast a minivan broadside at about 70mph while the van was stopped at a light.
    Damn, that has to suck, was he DOA?
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Hurling, like throwing up their guts? LOL!

I also hit a big ass pigeon swooping under a bridge on I-37 heading towards Corpus Christi, he smacked the top my Navigator right above the windshield, it was very loud. My wife woke up said what was that, I told her I didn't hear anything?! I had to lie or else she would have made me turn around and it give CPR.
      I looked in the rearview and and there were feathers everywhere and it just finally hit the ground, he probably was up in the air 50 feet.
      Yes, hurling up whatever nastiness has been festering beforehand in their gizzard. It's a good self-defense mechanism on their part, I have to admit. After that I always wondered if buzzards would pick at one of their own after it's been rendered into road kill. Would seem to be bordering on cannibalism if so, but I suspect they probably do.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
        Yes, hurling up whatever nastiness has been festering beforehand in their gizzard. It's a good self-defense mechanism on their part, I have to admit. After that I always wondered if buzzards would pick at one of their own after it's been rendered into road kill. Would seem to be bordering on cannibalism if so, but I suspect they probably do.
        I'm sure they would eat each other. I've sat and watched two big ass buzzards battle to the death for some turtle road kill.

Shit was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
          I'm sure they would eat each other. I've sat and watched two big ass buzzards battle to the death for some turtle road kill.

Shit was awesome.
          I'm not sure if they will, I mean anytype of bird. I threw a carcass of chicken at some crows that were begging for some food and they went up to it, smelled it and waked away.
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Damn, that has to suck, was he DOA?
            thankfully not. he fell off about 20' before the bike hit the van. I think the throttle cables stuck because I saw him flailing his arms up in the air (think rollercoaster) while the bike was still accelerating across the parking lot doing a little power wheelie

Comment

I'm not sure if they will, I mean anytype of bird. I threw a carcass of chicken at some crows that were begging for some food and they went up to it, smelled it and waked away.
              Chickens will eat fucking anything. Mice, birds, snakes, other chickens...

Comment

thankfully not. he fell off about 20' before the bike hit the van. I think the throttle cables stuck because I saw him flailing his arms up in the air (think rollercoaster) while the bike was still accelerating across the parking lot doing a little power wheelie
                Why not just clutch and kill? when that happened to my old MGB I did exactly that. Pushed in the clutch and flipped the key to off.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                  Why not just clutch and kill? when that happened to my old MGB I did exactly that. Pushed in the clutch and flipped the key to off.
                  Panic.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                    Panic.
                    Guess so. damn, glad he made it.

Comment

That's great he didn't died'ed.

And lol at your description of the him and the bike...

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        ever heard the term "whiskey throttle?" it's not always that simple...

Comment

Riding my Honda CBR up 377 towards gordonville, summertime, wearing helmet, t shirt, and shorts.
                          Grass/weeds on the sides of the road a good 3-4 feet tall. I’m running along about 75-80mph, then I see this giant grasshopper, about 4 inches long, take off from the grass on the right shoulder headed towards the other side of the road. Kill cam mode kicks in and everything goes slow motion. I collide with this grasshopper, hitting me broadside in my left bicep which hurt like hell! This fucker explodes like no other bug I’ve ever seen. Covers my helmet, shirts, shorts, and tank with red and yellow guts.

I get to my friends house a few minutes later, guts dried and stuck to everything by this time. I check my arm, which is still stinging, and find a perfect imprint of a grasshopper on the inside of my left bicep. Body, legs, everything in perfect outline imprinted on my arm.

Borrowed a fresh shirt and some shorts from my friend then we rode from lake texoma to Sherman Powersports where I proceed to show the guys there the still perfect impression of this kamikaze grasshopper on my arm. This was a good hour after it happened.
                          "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            Was at a bar years ago and a couple friends were shooting pool. Couple one table over gets into an argument and the guy hauls back and slaps the shit out of his girlfriend and she hits the floor.

Without a word, one of my friends picks the cue ball up off it the table, walks over and plays wack-a-mole, smacking that dude on the top of his head. He drops like a rock, out cold and we haul ass.

We still tease him to this day, asking if he wants to go shoot pool, lol.
                            hahaha

Comment

This may be a long one, but it's important that I set the scene correctly. Make sure to read to the end, because it gets progressively crazier.

I live in CO now, but before I moved here, I'd come up and go camping almost every summer. Some of the other board members have joined me, and this particular year it was me and my gf (now wife), Craig and Lea, and Adam (ThreeFingerPete). The spot where we camped is close to 11,000 feet, on the Alpine Loop, which is a 60-mile loop through the mountains, smack dab in the most remote part of the continental US. The closest town (Lake City) is almost an hour away along a 4x4 trail. And from Lake City, the next closest town is a solid hour from there along paved highway. This favorite spot of ours is just about as far and high as you can set up a comfortable camp. Once you go past that spot, the air gets a lot thinner, and the road gets a lot rougher and climbs above tree line, with narrow shelf roads, tight switchbacks, potholes and boulders, and steep cliffs plunging several hundred feet. Any kind of hint of civilization is hours away. It's dangerous terrain, even in good weather and broad daylight, and people die on this loop every single year. For these reasons, NO ONE goes out there driving around at night, and no one goes out there alone - at least not past where we were camped. It's extremely rare to have any kind of vehicle pass by us after dusk, which is why we like it up there so much.

On this particular day, Adam had driven down to town for something in his pickup. The rest of us were chilling around the campfire. Dusk came, then pitch black darkness. We were all half-jokingly worried about Adam having to come back up from town, even though we knew that he was familiar with the road. It's just one of those things where being out there at night is always a decent risk, no matter what. We're keeping our watchful eyes on the road coming up from the right side. To the left is where the road goes up into the really gnarly "no man's land" shit. At some point well after dark (I'm guessing 10-ish) we hear a buzzing sound coming from the distance. WTF? As it got louder, we realized the sound was coming from the LEFT side of us. Someone was coming down from the really gnarly part of the trail above us. This makes zero sense. We hadn't seen anyone pass us going up for several hours. No one would do that. So where was this person coming from? How long have they been up there? Are they lost? Are they INSANE?

We're all staring up the road in amazement as the buzzing gets closer. We're expecting to see some Jeep headlights, or maybe a couple of ATVS. We've already decided that whoever they are, that they've lost their damn minds being up on that road at this time of night. That's when we saw the light. One very small, faint light bouncing around as it comes down the bumpy trail. Again, WTF is this? When it finally gets close, we see that it's ONE dude on a motor bike. Not a motorcycle - a fucking bicycle with a small motor on it. And that faint bouncing light? A FUCKING HEADLAMP on his head. This dude was up there all alone on a cheap little motorized bicycle with only a headlamp on his head for light. He didn't stop, just kept on trucking. We were speechless for a minute, and then we all started freaking out about it. We just couldn't believe what we just saw. And if we hadn't all seen it together, none of us would have believed each other if we'd told the story. I bet we talked about that shit for 30 minutes straight, just in total amazement and disbelief.

A little more time goes by, and finally Adam pulls up from the right. As he gets out and walks up to us, we start telling him "Dude, you're not going to believe what we saw while you were gone." To which he quickly replies "No, you're not going to believe what I saw on the way up here." This is where the story gets even more bizarre. Adam goes on to tell us how he had stopped several miles down to help a couple that had a flat tire. While he was helping and chatting with them, they saw the same dude coming down with his motorbike and headlamp. He actually stopped and talked with them though, and pulled out and drank a beer from his backpack. The guy explains to Adam that he had been way up above the tree line, out in the middle of the highest and most remote part of the Alpine Loop, somewhere around 13,000' up, all by himself, TRIPPING ACID. Yes, TRIPPING FUCKING ACID and drinking beer. He apparently got up there earlier in the day, dropped the acid and started tripping before sunset, and sat down to drink beer and soak in the crazy colors and the terrain that already looks like the surface of Mars when you're completely sober. At some point, he realized that it was dark and cold, and he needed to get the fuck down off the mountain. So he hopped on his bike, turned on his little headlamp, and made his way down.

I assume he made it safely the rest of the way. It's a story I'll never forget. Until you've been up and around the Alpine Loop, you really can't grasp how crazy this dude was and how much danger he was really in that night.

Comment

Watch my girlfriend get drunk as she was hiding bottles to sip on a 5th she would finish alone in one night and start another one. This was with a job and with out a job, she be drunk everyday. Things didn't workout needless to say.

Comment

Working...
                                X