Food gardens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food gardens

I've recently taken a liking to gardening.. I have cilantro, jalapeños, cucumbers, strawberries, potatoes, and rosemary growing..
    what you got growing?
    "PSH!!!"

Nothing this year, and its pissing me the fuck off. I had to abandon my garden in late May of last year due to a hectic work schedule. This year, I got zero prep done due to the wedding and helping a friend remodel his house.

Had Junior come by the other day to give me some pricing on weeding some flower beds, replacing some plants, and weeding the garden too. But I think it's too late to get started at this point. Plant selection is shit at the handful of places I've been. Way too late to start from seeds.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

The only advice I can give on the subject:

Never, EVER plant mint anywhere other than a pot.

After a while you'll NEVER be able to drink enough mojitos to outpace that fucking delicious weed.

Comment

Plant some onions and tomatoes too and make your own salsa.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          The only advice I can give on the subject:

Never, EVER plant mint anywhere other than a pot.

After a while you'll NEVER be able to drink enough mojitos to outpace that fucking delicious weed.
          This is true. Stuff spreads like wild fire. Cilantro also spreads like crazy. I ended up with cilantro in my front yard. My garden is next to our house in the backyard.

We have basil, rosemary, tarragon, oregano, and cilantro.

Comment

A lot of herbs spread like wild fire and will take over a garden in no time!

I need to get at least a 4x4 planter set up this year so we can get some produce growing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
            Last edited by black2002ls; 04-18-2017, 07:48 PM.
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I'm a pretty high strung person and this has definitely helped calm me down and lower some anxiety
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

Do you use your own natural fertilizer?

Comment

I found this place, it's right by my house, and it's full of fresh vegetables, so I go there, instead of fucking up my yard.

It's called Kroger

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                    I found this place, it's right by my house, and it's full of fresh vegetables, so I go there, instead of fucking up my yard.

It's called Kroger
                    Homegrown is so much better tasting though. Tomatoes for instance, have a fuck ton more flavor. Okra, when you can find it, is always browning by the time it gets to the store. I can't go buy green tomatoes without going to a farmer's market, and even then, it's a crap shoot.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post

It's called Kroger
                      lmao!

The wife wanted a garden too, I told her, you don't have enough time in the day to take care of a garden, take your ass to Krogers and stock up!
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Is anyone planting in a raised bed? I think I'm going to set up a 4'x4' to get some things going

Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                          Is anyone planting in a raised bed? I think I'm going to set up a 4'x4' to get some things going

Yes. I use an 8x12 raised bed

Comment

I was reading somewhere recently that either Whole Foods or Central Markets will start growing some vegetables on site at some of it's stores. Thought that was a pretty cool idea. Fresher and less of a carbon footprint from farm to market. I'll have to look up the article.

With all the land I'm on I have never tried gardening. I wouldn't mind trying this myself with a couple of things like jalapenos and something else. I do have a peach tree in the front that has been pretty good the past few years and I gave away most of with it produces to friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              I was reading somewhere recently that either Whole Foods or Central Markets will start growing some vegetables on site at some of it's stores. Thought that was a pretty cool idea. Fresher and less of a carbon footprint from farm to market. I'll have to look up the article.

With all the land I'm on I have never tried gardening. I wouldn't mind trying this myself with a couple of things like jalapenos and something else. I do have a peach tree in the front that has been pretty good the past few years and I gave away most of with it produces to friends and family.
                              Make peach preserves and give that shit out as presents.

Shit's delicious.

Comment

Working...
                              X