Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    Gee, I dunno. It looks awfully cheesy.
    For the record, I was being facetious. They're all cheesy.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

#1 was golden
      #2 was meh
      #3 was good
      #4 - I haven't seen because I thought they were just doing it to make a check
      #5 looks more promising than the previews for #4
      #6 - I'm waiting for the prequel "When John Met Holly" starring Joseph Gordon Levitt

Comment

Go to the link for a few better video snippets of the car chase sequences. Holy. Shit.

Comment

From all of the Youtube vids I've seen, Dying Hard in America is pretty much every day life in Russia.
          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Rated R. Woohoo!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Rated R. Woohoo!

Comment

You can't tell me you aren't going to see this!

Comment

If I see it, it will be late at night on Cinemax/HBO/etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                    If I see it, it will be late at night on Cinemax/HBO/etc...

Unacceptable. You are disallowed from making Die Hard quotes on the board henceforth!

Comment

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here be spoilers:

New director made some odd choices that set this apart from other Die Hard movies. A lot of cuts seemed sloppy, like .5 seconds of dialogue was still going while they were already into the next scene. Good action. I won't give up the final set piece, but having done extensive research on it, almost every aspect of what they were doing was 100% unrealistic, even for a dumb action movie. Saw pretty much every plot twist coming a mile in advance. Some decent action, seemed like they were trying way too hard with a lot of it. Father/son drama was overly contrived with a lot of bad dialogue. All that aside, it was fun. Yeah, I'll be buying it when it comes out. I was disappointed that the reunion at the end didn't include Holly; I was hoping for a cameo. Keep an eagle eye out towards the end action sequence when they are jumping off the building to Willis giving the middle finger on the way down. Made me seriously LOL. A TON of cursing and fuckers and motherfuckers. I approved. These are my initial scientific impressions.

Comment

sounds pretty much like I figured. At least Justin Long wasn't in it this time.

Comment

True dat. I was impressed with the nod to Sinatra by the Russian cabby. Die Hard was actually a sequel, the original character having been played years earlier by Frank Sinatra. The part was actually offered to him again, but he was in his late 60s.

Characters name is different, but the novel Nothing Lasts Forever(which is decent)that Die Hard was based on had McClanes character named Joe Leland.

Comment

No shit? That's cool. I didn't know there was any history behind the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                                No shit? That's cool. I didn't know there was any history behind the series.

A bunch! I geek out on this shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X