No announcement yet.

Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• man, this pain fucking sucks... slight ligament tears in my elbows, my right rotator cuff is meh. but the intercostal tears are the tear jerkers. on a plus note, everything is feeling better by the day, just not a lot better.

blood pressure when they checked me in was 175/130 That was 36hrs after I wrestled the officers. No telling what blood pressure was that night!

it hovered around 155/110 for 4-5 days then started trickling down 145 - 135 -etc. as I actually got enough food and rest and was separated from my stressors.

the day prior and the day of my release, I was 124/84 and 120/79

doc said I should be thankful I didn't have a heart attack or stroke... I TRY to think about that when I'm sleeping in a papasan because it hurts to much to actually lay down on a bed

good times
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• on a double-plus note, they said my blood sugar is spot on and liver values are good (inspiring after trying to pickle that mother fucker for decades)
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        but I just needed a break for a week or two... but it's game on again now.
        Just curious as to how long you have been working at this goal vs your needing a break? A break to get other things done or your tired of the day in day our side of it?

I personally just have trouble finding the time but enjoy it when i do.

Comment

• Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
          Just curious as to how long you have been working at this goal vs your needing a break? A break to get other things done or your tired of the day in day our side of it?

I personally just have trouble finding the time but enjoy it when i do.
          Started Feb 17. Lost about 18 lbs, averaging about 1.5/wk. Did some traveling, way more beer than usual on the weekends while out of town, etc. recently and basically stayed steady at the -18 number. It's not that I "needed" a break, it just sort of happened... and I let it for a week or two, but with the knowledge that it would be a temporary pause and that I still have goals that I want to meet.

Got back on it this week, and now I'm -20 lbs over the past three months.

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
            I'm also debating on getting into some sort of martial art/ fighting sport. I did boxing for a little while and I really enjoyed it. Might do that, any other suggestions?
            Lots of great jiu jitsu schools in the area. Can be a bit pricey, but a great workout, and all of the gyms I've been to are filled with really good people. Almost all of the schools have free trial classes.

Beats the hell out of the treadmill and it can be therapeutic to choke the shit out of someone in controlled environment, although you will likely be the one getting strangled for a while. Happens to everyone in the beginning.

Comment

• I hit a 355 lb 1RM squat yesterday and a 375 1RM deadlift today.
              I'm going to shoot for a 1200 lb bench/dead/squat combo by the end of summer. A 255x5 bench a few weeks ago puts me at 985 without even knowing my max bench.
              Most calculators would put my 1RM bench around 295 now (1025 lb total). I still want to drop 10 more lbs body weight also, so we'll see how it goes.
              Last edited by Strychnine; 05-23-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Are you going the bodybuilding route, or the powerlifting route? Some guys seem to mix and match a bit of both, is why I'm asking
                WH

Comment

• Starting the diet Monday, hopefully I can get down to 265ish and gain some muscle.

Sorry for the huge pics I'm too lazy to fix them.
                  ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                    Are you going the bodybuilding route, or the powerlifting route? Some guys seem to mix and match a bit of both, is why I'm asking
                    I looked into the Wendler 5/3/1 programing but ended up going a different direction. Doing a program called Pipehitter. It's brutal. I'm actually taking one day of the program and making it two days of work.

It's a strength / crossfit mix.

For example, yesterday's workout was:

Squat - find 1RM
                    135x5
                    225x5
                    275x2
                    305x1
                    335x1
                    345x1
                    355x1

Squats at ~65% of max. This was supposed to be at 85% but I didn't have it in me.
                    225x5
                    225x5
                    225x5
                    225x5
                    225x5

Three rounds of:
                    Weighted walking lunges X 20 steps
                    (95 lbs)
                    15 Wall Balls (25 lbs)
                    10 Box Jumps - 18"
                    300 meter run

Today's workout was:

Deadlift - find 1RM
                    135x5
                    225x5
                    295x2
                    345x1
                    365x1
                    375x1

Weighted lunges. This was supposed to be at 85% off deadlift max. Fuck that.
                    135x20
                    135x20
                    135x20
                    135x20
                    135x20

Three rounds of:
                    10 Weighted box step-ups - 18"
                    12 Dumbbell sumo squats (44 lb kettlebell)
                    15 Weighted dumbbell burpees (44lb kettlebell
                    1/4 mile run
                    Last edited by Strychnine; 05-23-2015, 02:54 PM.

Comment

I looked into the Wendler 5/3/1 programing but ended up going a different direction. Doing a program called Pipehitter. It's brutal. I'm actually taking one day of the program and making it two days of work.

It's a strength / crossfit mix.

Squat - find 1RM
                      135x5
                      225x5
                      275x2
                      305x1
                      335x1
                      345x1
                      355x1

Squats at ~65% of max. This was supposed to be at 85% but I didn't have it in me.
                      225x5
                      225x5
                      225x5
                      225x5
                      225x5

Three rounds of:
                      Weighted walking lunges X 20 steps
                      (95 lbs)
                      15 Wall Balls (25 lbs)
                      10 Box Jumps - 18"
                      300 meter run

Today's workout was:

Deadlift - find 1RM
                      135x5
                      225x5
                      295x2
                      345x1
                      365x1
                      375x1

Weighted lunges. This was supposed to be at 85% off deadlift max. Fuck that.
                      135x20
                      135x20
                      135x20
                      135x20
                      135x20

Three rounds of:
                      10 Box step-ups - 18"
                      12 Dumbbell sumo squats (44 lb kettlebell)
                      15 Weighted dumbbell burpees (44lb kettlebell
                      1/4 mile run
                      Sounds like a brutal routine. You keep that up, and you won't want for energy for sure

I can't remember if you're the one who posted up the garage gym, but if not, do you have a home gym? Here is my unfinished home gym. Only room in the house I didn't redo, its still 80's old lady lol. But screw it, I'm going to set up the gym and get back in shape, and just redo the room this time next year. I'm thinking grey walls, with flat black chair rail and wainscotting. No more acoustic ceilings and a more modern fan. Polished concrete floors.

Even the gym equipment itself though, is still sort of incomplete. Gotta hang the pull up bar, get 2 more of those big rubber mats, and build a 2 freeweight racks.

WH

Comment

I can't remember if you're the one who posted up the garage gym, but if not, do you have a home gym?
                        I do.

When back in DFW I try to go work with the guys at Arlington Strength & Conditioning, but here in Houston it's all at home. We have a Rogue W-4 rig with Rogue barbells and GetRXd bumper plates, kettlebells, wallballs, box, etc.... and a $30 box fan so heat stroke doesn't take us out.
                        Will probably need to get some steel plates soon, as the 45 lb bumpers take up too much room on the bar when it's loaded up. The OSO collars are almost out at the end of the bar.

We also have some friends with tires and other things at their house not too far away so tire flips are becoming a semi-regular thing these days.
                        Last edited by Strychnine; 05-23-2015, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                          Starting the diet Monday, hopefully I can get down to 265ish and gain some muscle.

Sorry for the huge pics I'm too lazy to fix them.
                          How tall are you?

Comment

How tall are you?
                            That was my question lol. My guess would be about 6'11"

Also you're ballz-ier than I am with no squat rack safety catch. I've nearly been squished once before, if a buddy hadn't been there to help. Another time i reached muscle failure but the safety (like on my current rack) caught the bar. After those instances, I only use that kind of rack
                            WH

Comment

Also you're ballz-ier than I am with no squat rack safety catch. I've nearly been squished once before, if a buddy hadn't been there to help. Another time i reached muscle failure but the safety (like on my current rack) caught the bar. After those instances, I only use that kind of rack
                              Learn to dump the weight.

Bench is about the only thing that worries me, because you're not mobile on your feet. Anything else, you can ditch it properly and be perfectly fine. Clean, snatch, squat, press, whatever... I've watched guys have to ditch a snatch 3-4 times then PR it on the 5th try. Don't be scared. The worst that happens is a loud noise.

It's mental. As long as you're worrying about getting stuck under the weight you'll always play it safe and any gains will come slowly. Learn to dump it and you'll be more comfortable going heavier.

We have a gym in our garage and our neighbor does as well - same stuff, crossfit/strength mix type workouts. When he is working heavy I know it. I can hear/feel weights hitting his garage floor in my house. No big deal.

Comment

• To me, if I have to ditch, its just gone too far. I really don't want to have to ditch if I can avoid it at all. I can't tell how much you're doing there, but for me right now its probably only about 3 plates. That's where I left off, and I'd have to build back up to it over a short period, but muscle memory kicks in.

To me what you're using looks like 2x45, 1x35, and 1x25. Is that about right? Those are them big foam/rubber soft plates, right? I just have the old style.

Also a little bit of a barg, I found that rack on craigslist for cheap, but it was a rust bucket. Sanded it down and painted it Rustoleum Oil rubbed bronze. I'm trying to come up with a way to get some gold (yes gold) pin striping on it, for a bit of a steampunk look. Well, as much as one can be had on a squat rack.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X