Can you hear that echo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
    I don't see an ounce of "moderate" views in posts here.
    That's not for lack of moderate people.

The thing is, moderate people tend to be more mature. Mature people tend to not want to argue against hyperbole, strawmen, and nonsequiters put up by the vocal minority - it leads nowhere. Ergo, moderates stay in the shadows for the most part while the Dunnings and Krugers battle it out.

Really, that's the problem with the entire internet these days, not just this site.

You have no idea how often I type out a reply to some shit around here, actually submit it, then delete it soon after because it's just not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

The thing is, moderate people tend to be more mature. Mature people tend to not want to argue against hyperbole, strawmen, and nonsequiters put up by the vocal minority - it leads nowhere. Ergo, moderates stay in the shadows for the most part while the Dunnings and Krugers battle it out.

Really, that's the problem with the entire internet these days, not just this site.

You have no idea how often I type out a reply to some shit around here, actually submit it, then delete it soon after because it's just not worth it.
      That’s me in a nutshell, right there. I do it on Facebook as well but usually don’t post the reply before deleting it.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Yep. Your absolutely correct, and I do the same.
        2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
          That is what happens when your ideology has a record of failure so blatant that only self proclaimed “intellectuals” can convince themselves “it will work this time”.
          But but but

Sweden and Norway!!!
          WH

Comment

What are you talking about? It's completely 100% correct. I can read clearly what people *actually* say on here, and how "nice" they want to appear on this poll. Nobody is going to pick "far right republican". Why look like an extremist when you don't have to? Nobody brave enough to admit it. The other choices show it well enough, and the fact that zero chose Democrat.

I don't see an ounce of "moderate" views in posts here.

"This board is vast majority Republican" is close enough. One can read between the lines for the rest.
            You are ignoring what people are saying directly, inserting your own preconceptions, and then judging them on what they didn't say.

It is one of many big problems with our political discourse today.
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
              That’s me in a nutshell, right there. I do it on Facebook as well but usually don’t post the reply before deleting it.
              I've learned to save myself the time of typing and deleting, I'll just think it through, and invariably realize that there's nothing to gain, nor will any minds be changed based on my opinion/view, and I don't want to feel obligated to reply to those who post next.

Comment

I find it ironic self proclaimed “liberals” will allow you to self identify as black when white, Native American when you are not, LGBTQ.....; he’ll theyd be happy if you identified as a purple polka dotted unicorn pedophile. But the instant you disagree with them, you are automatically an alt-right republican. Fuck that lack of logic. I hate Ted Cruz. I’d much rather be represented by a whataburger eating UT El Paso grad Democrat. The really fucked up part is just like last Presidential election, I don’t have a better choice.

Most reasonable people lean way towards the middle. It’s nutcases like mschmoyer that push everyone to one extreme or the other. That’s the real problem with the current two party system. It’s 100% the problem. This system creates devisiveness forcing otherwise normal people to choose one side or the other. I hate both sides. I want less government for all, a press that honors the 1st amendment and reports facts, and representatives that actually represent their constituents instead of their party or donor’s interests, and a balanced fucking budget. I don’t want any military presence in shitmanistan unless we are there to kill every mother fucker in sight. Zero military involvement in your little religious fiasco. I want people in this country that work and pay their share of taxes. I don’t want an open border for freeloaders and criminals. I want all the Latin Americans already living in TX and paying taxes to have expedited citizenship. TX has always been a mix of Mexican and American. Neither party represents these ideas but if a Texan did and wanted to go to Congress I’d gladly vote for them. I want elections free of Hollyweird and social media interference; muh Russians.

Asshats like mschmoyer are forcing middle of the road people to either violent ANTIFA or violent alt right proud boy types. Keep it up jackass and one day you’ll get your revolution. It’s just not going to go down as you envision.
                Last edited by AnthonyS; 08-21-2018, 10:45 AM.

Comment

What? I really think you woke up and picked a random dude to try to paint as an extremist. I'm as middle of the road as they come. Moderate by all definitions. Views on both sides of the aisle, and none of the crazy ones. Nothing in any of my posts mention any of that junk you tried to associate with me. But perfect example of someone who *doesn't* delete what they type and just goes for it!
                  2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

Katfight!!!

Comment

What? I really think you woke up and picked a random dude to try to paint as an extremist. I'm as middle of the road as they come. Moderate by all definitions. Views on both sides of the aisle, and none of the crazy ones. Nothing in any of my posts mention any of that junk you tried to associate with me. But perfect example of someone who *doesn't* delete what they type and just goes for it!
                      Exactly what an extremist would say. Fuck off!
                      Can I get a white text?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        Exactly what an extremist would say. Fuck off!
                        Can I get a white text?
                        Things Craizie Hates: Extremists

Comment

You are dishonest and lazy. You labeled everyone here as far alt right repubs. When called on your BS, you claim to be a moderate and good guy. You are the problem and the only thing equally dishonest and lazy is CNN.

I’m not running for office and I fully support the 1st amendment. That means I can type whatever the hell I like. You on the other hand probably want to censor everyone you disagree with. Go crawl back into the safe space you left for a few minutes before you get your feelings hurt again by freedom of speech and thought, which you clearly can’t comprehend.

Comment

This board swings DEEP right republican.
                            2 out of 65 so far. Even a blithering moron is more right than you are. Most people could throw darts blind folded and beat that ratio.

Comment

Working...
                            X