NBC canceled Norm Macdonald’s appearance on “The Tonight Show”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC canceled Norm Macdonald’s appearance on “The Tonight Show”

NBC canceled Norm Macdonald’s appearance on “The Tonight Show” Tuesday after he made comments defending several entertainers accused of wrongdoing, including Louis C. K. and Roseanne Barr.

He later apologized, but on Wednesday, while discussing the controversy, he gave it new life by telling Howard Stern, “You’d have to have Down syndrome” not to feel sorry for the victims of sexual abuse.

The original remarks came in an interview with The Hollywood Reporter in which Mr. Macdonald, the former “Saturday Night Live” cast member who has a Netflix talk show debuting on Friday, said he was “happy the #MeToo movement has slowed down a little bit.” He criticized a lack of “forgiveness” for the performers who had “all their work in their entire life being wiped out in a single day, a moment.”

Louis C. K., a comedian who wrote the foreword for Mr. Macdonald’s 2016 book, “Based on a True Story,” was accused of sexual misconduct by five women. Ms. Barr, who gave Mr. Macdonald one of his earliest writing jobs, on “Roseanne,” lost her rebooted show on ABC after a racist tweet in May.

I created a White House petition to get Norm to fill in for Sarah Sanders as Press Secretary for the day.
    President Biden and Vice President Harris promised to move quickly to deliver results for working families. That’s what they’ve done.

This is all ridiculous.

Comment

Norm's delivery is so good.

Comment

One report I saw said that at least one of the senior editors at the tonight show was in tears over this.

Comment

LMAO bunch damn crybabies out there. I bet our grandfather's generation would have skull fucked the hell out of all these whiney assholes! Nobody had time to be offended or cry back then it was all about workin, eatin, or sleepin.

Comment

Working...
          X