Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Who collects watches? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who collects watches?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
    I believe you still have to carry your phone, I don't with the Apple watch.
    No, one of the vivoactive models lets you load music on it. Not sure if it tracks enough for what you want, but I know a lot of people who have this one. My wife has it but not the music model since she does not run anymore - just cycle or walk. She loves it as do the others I know. I'm sure the Phoenix or whatever it is has the ability too, but much higher price.

The vívoactive® 3 Music smartwatch has built-in sports apps, Garmin Pay™ contactless payments, wrist-based heart rate & the ability to download up to 500 songs.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      No, one of the vivoactive models lets you load music on it. Not sure if it tracks enough for what you want, but I know a lot of people who have this one. My wife has it but not the music model since she does not run anymore - just cycle or walk. She loves it as do the others I know. I'm sure the Phoenix or whatever it is has the ability too, but much higher price.

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/602068
      Sorry, I meant to accept calls. I know Androids can, and honestly since I haven't trained seriously in over a year I haven't kept up with Garmin's new watches so I have no clue.

Comment

Sorry, I meant to accept calls. I know Androids can, and honestly since I haven't trained seriously in over a year I haven't kept up with Garmin's new watches so I have no clue.
        Ahh, gotcha. If you want to accept calls without the phone being by you, then you have to get a watch that has the phone service built in to it. There's a fee for that. Apple locks their crap down as far as accessories go. They can do more, but Apple doesn't let them because they want you to buy theirs. I switched to Droid 2 years ago and love it. My family not so much though.

Comment

• Been wanting a Speedy for a while, wife surprised me for my birthday!

Comment

Been wanting a Speedy for a while, wife surprised me for my birthday!

No doubt about it. That’s one sweet watch.

So that's about $5350 retail? About $4500 on the gray market (Jomashop)
            Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 07-08-2020, 10:29 AM.

Comment

• Damn, that's a nice Speemaster!
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

BRUH!!! get some walrus oil on that chop block post haste.

Comment

Nice Speedy. My wife got me a nice Chromexcel strap for Father's Day, I really like how they look on leather. Get some Polywatch if you haven't already, the crystal is super soft if you are used to sapphire, but it cleans up easy.

2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

• Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
                    Nice Speedy. My wife got me a nice Chromexcel strap for Father's Day, I really like how they look on leather. Get some Polywatch if you haven't already, the crystal is super soft if you are used to sapphire, but it cleans up easy.

Comment

• Originally posted by txsr20de View Post

The leather looks killer!!!
                      That is the thing about this watch, it looks good on any strap.
                      I took the plastics off yesterday and not 24 hours later I can see a couple of marks on the crystal! Had to go back to the Omega store today to get it sized, none of the screwdrivers I have would work. They told me the same thing, Polywatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        BRUH!!! get some walrus oil on that chop block post haste.
                        LOL! I usually sand it and use their cream, it's been a minute since I have....

Comment

• I’ve been kicking around an analog watch for work wear. Kindof leaving towards a Jack Mason Seamount with a rubber strap.
                          Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                          It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
                            I’ve been kicking around an analog watch for work wear. Kindof leaving towards a Jack Mason Seamount with a rubber strap.
                            Never heard of them, actually pretty cool they are in Dallas. I would go with the bracelet and buy rubber straps separately. For only $30 more its worth it....

Comment

• Well I have changed my mind once again. Anyone have a Seiko SKX007 they wanna part with on the cheap. I also have a citizen eco drive I’d be willing to trade
                              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

• Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                Well I have changed my mind once again. Anyone have a Seiko SKX007 they wanna part with on the cheap. I also have a citizen eco drive I’d be willing to trade
                                Looks like the prices have gone up considerably since they were discontinued, that sucks. Same thing happened with the Black Monster. I would just start looking on eBay, I was able to get mine pretty cheap a few years ago with some nice aftermarket parts already installed(sapphire crystal, etc). Since I was planning on modding it and adding a sapphire crystal anyway, it was a no brainer. I think I paid around $120 3 or 4 years ago.

Also look for ones that have been modded already, they seem to sell for less, especially if they are ugly parts. With the huge availability of aftermarket and OEM parts and how easy they are to work on, you could easily change anything you didn't like and come out way ahead vs. buying a clean unmolested one. Or even buy a non running one, the 7S26 movements are a dime a dozen and easy to swap out with the right tools.
                                2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Working...
                                X