Best keyboard for android?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
    Better than driving with a knee and texting with two hands.
    agreed, I've had to re-teach myself after years of driving around with a laptop and an air card and driving with my knees
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

OK but where are you guys getting swype? Preloaded on your phones? My nexus doesnt have it, it isnt in the market and the website says they are done with beta testing but dont provide a link to download the damn thing.

Comment

Now I see why i cant find it. Found this on a website that had a link to their Beta. I guess swype went around threatning sites with lawsuits for providing links. Fuck Swype!

Hi everyone,

We would like to provide an update regarding the unauthorized distribution of our Swype software for the Android platform. We realize that many sites are now distributing this software and several are providing installation instructions.

We are glad that you like Swype, but we did not release or leak it for distribution and do not currently support any downloadable versions.

There are now two devices that ship with the Swype keyboard pre-installed: the Verizon Samsung Omnia II on Windows Mobile and, more recently, the T-Mobile MyTouch 3G. We’re very excited about these releases, and there will be a number of new device launches in the near future. Because our partners are highly sensitive about their product releases, we really cannot say anything further. But a lot of work goes into making sure that Swype integrates perfectly with each device we release and by comparison, any leaked or hacked version of our software will work improperly or not at all (as you’ve noticed).

One might ask why we don’t just release it ourselves and save everyone the hassle? The reason is that we have spent seven years building Swype and our business model at present is OEM licensing. We do plan to get to direct-to-consumer distribution, but it is a different sort of business with unique challenges and thus it is hard to say when.

So, in answer to your question, Jeff, we do not support this so-called “beta” and ask that you refrain from using any downloadable version of Swype. Thank you for being respectful of our legal stance in this matter.

Stay tuned (and provide feedback) on our forum at http://www.swype.com.

Regards,

The Swype Team

Our lawyer has asked us to remind everyone that Swype does not explicitly or implicitly condone the unauthorized copying and distribution of the Swype software and to inform you that the Swype software is proprietary to Swype, Inc., is the copyrighted work of Swype, Inc., and Swype, Inc. has and always will reserve all of its rights.

Comment

My Droid X came pre loaded with it.

Comment

My DX did not but I did score the beta.

I like their letter posted above. Very down to earth.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Came stock on my captivate.

Comment

Turn phone on airplane mode, and connect to a wifi network.

search "swype" in android market

install

enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                  Turn phone on airplane mode, and connect to a wifi network.

search "swype" in android market

install

enjoy
                  You do realize that doesn't work, right?

Comment

Lason, do this:

Comment

Originally posted by FastFord19 View Post
                      My Droid X came pre loaded with it.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                        Your the man! Now I gotta figure out how to use this effin thing! I feel like my grandpa trying to text

**EDIT** I dont think its me. As soon as I enable swype as my keyboard I get a quick messege about free trial being up and needing to upgrade. It lets me use the swype keyboard but the swyping action doesnt function and no where to upgrade. Owell.
                        Last edited by Lason; 11-23-2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

OK so swype didnt work out but I found a copy of it on the market called slideIT. Works pretty slick! I like this sliding thing.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                            You do realize that doesn't work, right?
                            It did when I installed swype. It also allows you to d/l anything AT&T hasn't deemed acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                              It did when I installed swype. It also allows you to d/l anything AT&T hasn't deemed acceptable.
                              It doesn't work anymore, I guess. I tried it after you posted, no luck.

I'll see if I can find a full version .apk for you Lason when I get home from work in a little bit.

Comment

Its cool, I got this one off the market working and its great. Its just like Swype.

Comment

Working...
                                X