Appeal of the AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Your Name Here View Post
    M1 Garand or carbine is Nostalgic. I guess Im the type of guy that if my weapon fell in a pond and was full of sand and crap I could load a shell and my weapon would function properly. Can a AR model do that? I know a majority of the guns I own will. Ive been Duck Hunting with numb hands LOL
    M1 Garand or Carbine would be nostalgic to an 80 year old veteran. Understand the word in play here. Anyone of our era is more familiar to the M16/M4 as their given service rifle. Are you a veteran by chance? You ever fired either weapon?

Comment

M1 Garand or carbine is Nostalgic. I guess Im the type of guy that if my weapon fell in a pond and was full of sand and crap I could load a shell and my weapon would function properly. Can a AR model do that? I know a majority of the guns I own will. Ive been Duck Hunting with numb hands LOL
      I'm not sure I see your point in relation to your original post. You don't like them, cool. I'm not saying they are the best thing since sliced bread either, but my issue M16A2 was filthy on several occasions doing stuff and fired.

I understand what you're saying, but you asked a question and are getting legitimate answers. Since you don't care for them, you argue the answers. Seems fairly straight forward to me.

I think most people have other guns as well. I deer hunt with a 30-06, I conceal carry with a G19, I do cheap plinking to practice with an M&P 15 22lr, I also have a couple of shotguns...etc.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I just wanted to get answers like accuracy and cost and it seems like they were expecting me to already know. Hmmm Deja vu
        I apologize. Lots of AR bashing going on in here lately. It's appealing to me for the reasons listed, although I have also looked at a 700 for a good long-distance rifle. It helps that it's much cheaper than an AR-10, but the price of .308 is pushing me more and more towards .223 ammo, hence the AR-15. (I like to get in a lot of practice with decent ammo)

*edit. I also have a G19, shotgun, and buy .22 to plink with. Most of my ammo has been more common rounds to just generally get better with guns, and then I can branch out. I'm sure that's a factor for others as well.

Comment

I like AR's because they can be whatever you want them to be. Be it an extremely accurate long range rifle, large caliber big game gun, or a cheapo paper puncher. You can build it yourself to suit your needs, and spend $450 and up.
          IMG_0424

Comment

Why? I guess they appeal to me like a Diet anything. Also why do ya'll show off what you own on a public forum? I guess I'd be affraid someone would want my wepons more than me and do something stupid if they ever found where I lived.

Travis
            Hehehe Travis, you're not the only one with that feeling on the posting pics theory.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
              Hehehe Travis, you're not the only one with that feeling on the posting pics theory.
              Damn it CJ, I want that bear rifle... I'm coming to steal it.
              Originally posted by Jester
              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
              Originally posted by Denny
              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                Damn it CJ, I want that bear rifle... I'm coming to steal it.
                you're a glutten for punishment sir. It's strictly an exhibition gun, didn't even need to put holes in paper for me to enjoy it, hehehe.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Less than adequate weaponry.

1. Made of plastic
                  2. Lack of knock-down power in today"s CQC
                  3. Finicky
                  4. If you want to shoot at 300 yards, buy a rifle built for it (Remington 700)

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                    you're a glutten for punishment sir. It's strictly an exhibition gun, didn't even need to put holes in paper for me to enjoy it, hehehe.
                    Yeah you just watched me try and shoot it for entertainment. On a side note... you should see the bruise on my shoulder from it.
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

They just seem like conversation weapons more than something I would want in a time of need. Truly would you bring that out on a south texas deer hunt around seasoned hunters? I guess different strokes for different folks. I also prefer a 1911 to any other automatic pistol and people laugh at me for that one too.

I bring mine around West Texas and Hill Country seasoned hunters. I have been hunting since I could walk with my dad and uncles, so I consider myself a seasoned hunter. I dont hunt deer with it, I have an Encore 7-08 for that, but my AR is my brush gun.

The 1911 is the AR of pistols.....

Comment

Originally posted by Uber Toten Schlager View Post

1. Made of plastic
                        2. Lack of knock-down power in today"s CQC
                        3. Finicky
                        1. Who cares, i'm not in combat
                        2. Who cares, i'm not in combat
                        2b. There's dozens of different calibers you can make an AR out of
                        3. Well...sometimes they can be
                        4. The AR platform is more than capable past 300 yards. Why limit yourself to bolt action when you can have semi auto.
                        IMG_0424

Comment

I built several Ar's cause I fucking wanted them. Experience it yourself or fuck off.
                          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Uber Toten Schlager View Post

Hahahaha, 300 yards is nothing. My .17hmr could do that.
                            My buddy was a sniper in the Marines, and is now a sniper instructor for the Texas Nat Guard and last outting said they were hitting plates at 800 with an M4 and Acog.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                              Hahahaha, 300 yards is nothing. My .17hmr could do that.
                              My buddy was a sniper in the Marines, and is now a sniper instructor for the Texas Nat Guard and last outting said they were hitting plates at 800 with an M4 and Acog.
                              Well shit, don't they qualify open sights at like 500 yards or something like that with the M16?

Comment

It's just another tool. Mine rides in my truck. Is great for predator control.

I keep it lubed and clean it every now and then. I don't feel bad abusing it like I would a nice wood stock bolt action gun.

Took a skunk tonight a little over 200 yards. First shot I missed.2nd shot he was on the run and down he went. I would have not missed the first shot if I had my reloads. I was shooting junk wolf HP at turtles in the pit the other day.

Comment

Working...
                                X