Appeal of the AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yale View Post
    If it is, it's because you're aiming it that direction, and that's not what you said. Assuming it's level, the bullet will only fall.
    Even so, the trajectory is still technically a parabolic arc. It's just starting at it's highest point instead of rising first and then falling.
    Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
    Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
      Even so, the trajectory is still technically a parabolic arc. It's just starting at it's highest point instead of rising first and then falling.
      What does that have to do with the fact that the bullet does not magically rise above bore center after leaving it?

Comment

I have nothing against the AR platform; I've shot a handful of them and they're damn-nice guns. I'm sure some day I'll own one or two. Primarily, though, I'm an AK guy. I like my Commie guns.

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
          What does that have to do with the fact that the bullet does not magically rise above bore center after leaving it?
          I guess I mistook Yale's reply to his post to mean that it doesn't travel in an arc when it leaves perfectly horizontal rather than it doesn't go upwards. I agree there is no magic, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
            I guess I mistook Yale's reply to his post to mean that it doesn't travel in an arc when it leaves perfectly horizontal rather than it doesn't go upwards. I agree there is no magic, lol.
            I sprinkle my bullets with unicorn blood and yeti sperm. I always hit what I am aiming at with my AR. I do the same with my pistol ammo also.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
              I sprinkle my bullets with unicorn blood and yeti sperm. I always hit what I am aiming at with my AR. I do the same with my pistol ammo also.
              I should try that, I've been using Orphan tears.
              Ded

Comment

I own a AR15 because I can't own a M249. What I'd give to have #58325 back...

-Eric

Comment

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                  I should try that, I've been using Orphan tears.
                  Bullshit. Orphans don't cry, they always get new parents. Every kids dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                    I retract my statement about the magic then.

Comment

• Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      Bullshit. Orphans don't cry, they always get new parents. Every kids dreams.

The ones that I fostered cry, all the time.
                      Ded

Comment

• When did I say the bullet rises above the bore axis?
                        IMG_0424

Comment

• Originally posted by reo View Post

-Eric
                          Well Reo, if you have the cash there is ONE fully transferable factory original M249 in the United States.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                            Well Reo, if you have the cash there is ONE fully transferable factory original M249 in the United States.
                            Umm, how much is it?
                            Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by reo View Post

-Eric
                              Now there is some dedication and love to a gun. There is no way I could come close to remembering one of the many S/N I was issued. But then again it has been since '98 and i was never issued a M249, a M2 but never a SAW.

Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                              Umm, how much is it?
                              I think the answer to that question is in "THE CASH". The old, if you have to ask you can't afford it. If had to WAG I would say $35,000.

Comment

• Originally posted by vadertt View Post
                                Umm, how much is it?
                                It sold for a quarter million at auction several years ago.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X