No announcement yet.

2 Million people about to loose unemployment checks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's no different than the people right here in Texas that know how to work the welfare system, free school lunch program, etc. It's damn hard to take something away from someone that they've been getting for a long time. Look at how England is reacting to a small increase in college tuition! They're rioting over it, and they are still about half of our typical state school tuition.
    Somewhere in the process, it goes from being an "assistance", to an "entitlement".

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
      I usually share the same thought process you do but its been long enough. Because some of the people collecting unemployment have no plans to find work then the ones that are trying will be punished. Is it fair? No, but thats life. It would be alot easier to support 750k people on unemployment but because alot arent even trying, its becoming a huge financial burden on the rest of us.

That being said, in a society that spoonfeeds the needy I cant say I blame those people. Why get a gig at mcdonalds when the unemployment check is so much more. I know its not right but stupid isnt the word I would use to describe them.
      To some of these people, this money just rains down out of the sky, like magic.

Of course, it doesn't though. At some point, it all came out of someone's pocket.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
        To some of these people, this money just rains down out of the sky, like magic.

Of course, it doesn't though. At some point, it all came out of someone's printer.
        Fixed it for ya.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
          not only are these 2 million people not going to have income, but these 2 million people are also going to stop paying their bills and thats going to drag the entire economy down.

face the facts there are not enough jobs in this country to cover all americans, we are going to have to learn to live with 10% unemployment
          There are more than 2 million job openings in America right now, they don't all pay $15 an hour but there is plenty of work out there if people are just willing to do it.

I'm sorry that people are going to lose their handout but holy f*** how does it take 2 years to find a job? Unemployment for 2 years is welfare, call it what it is. If you can't find a job you need to be resourceful and figure out another way to support yourself, living off of everyone else isn't the answer, well it shouldn't be at least if you have any self respect.

Personally I'd rather have that 6% or whatever the FUTA tax rate is going straignt into my checking account instead of being handed out to lazy people sitting at home watching the View and Oprah. Then again I'd like to keep some of that 40% I send off to Washington every April. I also wouldn't mind taking the social security deduction and adding it to my 401K.

Comment

either way society has to bear the burden of the unemployed...even the under employed can not pay their bills and that will still drag us all down. how do you create jobs in this country when it is so much easier and cost effective for american capitalists to create jobs in developing countries.

both sides (right & left) want to solve the unemployment problem by throwing money at it, either by giving people a stimulus or giving them a tax break....in both cases the bulk of that money winds up invested overseas.

instead of giving away our money, we need to eliminate some of the red tape involved with hiring, investing, and creating new business. people that create jobs do deserve a tax break, but only after they create them...giving someone a tax break with the preceding hope that they might create a job is irresponsible.

Comment

I think one of the biggest problems is it is not shamefull to live off the government anymore . Even food stamps are now a debit card so no one knows you are getting free food . I new a guy that was getting $950.00 a month on his food card for him , his wife and a 3 year old . This did not include his unemployment . When I was a kid if you were on welfare you where looked down on and it should still be that way . People had self respect and shunned free loaders .
              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                I think one of the biggest problems is it is not shamefull to live off the government anymore . Even food stamps are now a debit card so no one knows you are getting free food . I new a guy that was getting $950.00 a month on his food card for him , his wife and a 3 year old . This did not include his unemployment . When I was a kid if you were on welfare you where looked down on and it should still be that way . People had self respect and shunned free loaders .
                Exactly. You have rappers talking about getting their checks on the first and fifteenth. There is no more shame involved. They need to announce that shit on the fucking loudspeaker, when someone tries to use foodstamps. People should point and laugh. There HAS to be humiliation involved. There just has to. Is it demeaning? Absolutely. It SHOULD be that way, to motivate these fucking leeches to get off their ass and do something.

I don't believe in any form of welfare, though. People don't become great, by sitting around waiting on handouts. They become great by taking initiative, and getting off their ass. This is America, after all. Where ANYONE, can be ANYTHING. Some look at the situation they are in, and decide to change it. Some look at the situation they are in, blame it on someone else, refuse to take responsibility, and refuse to do something about it.
                Originally posted by BradM
                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                Originally posted by Leah
                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I'll throw this in for fuel for this fire....

I do building inspections for the postal service. I did 7 yesterday in the great state of Oklahoma...that's a joke BTW. It was the first of the month and somehow mail got delayed to most of the state. Well, that included all the gubment checks for the elderly and dirt poor and they were all hanging out waiting for their checks. It was a scary site and I wish I had a respirator.... I would say half of the people in these small towns I passed through yesteday, none of which had more than 5000 people, were on some sort of government compensation. Small town america IMHO needs to dry up and blow away.

The burden of entitlement and debt is going to take this country down and down hard. Maybe it's time thin the herd. You take money from the government? Headshot!

Oh, and that VAT they are thinking about....LOL! Sounds to me the gubment wants us to go bankrupt and suck from the tit!

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                    Well if the entire neighborhood is doing it what's to be ashamed of? The government isn't perfect and the easy answer is to throw money at problems, it's rarely the correct answer though. The bottom line is that under no circumstance should the federal government ever hand out welfare checks. Local governments, charities and churches can do do whatever they want but the constitution doesn't say anything about taking care of poor people.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
                      I'll throw this in for fuel for this fire....

I do building inspections for the postal service. I did 7 yesterday in the great state of Oklahoma...that's a joke BTW. It was the first of the month and somehow mail got delayed to most of the state. Well, that included all the gubment checks for the elderly and dirt poor and they were all hanging out waiting for their checks. It was a scary site and I wish I had a respirator.... I would say half of the people in these small towns I passed through yesteday, none of which had more than 5000 people, were on some sort of government compensation. Small town america IMHO needs to dry up and blow away.
                      Have you been inside a Social Security office lately? The air stinks in there.

Comment

you guys are forgetting that almost everyone in this country is living on credit, so when they get they welfare that money goes to pay they're creditors. unemployment is there to protect the entire economic system, not just those who have lost their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                          you guys are forgetting that almost everyone in this country is living on credit, so when they get they welfare that money goes to pay they're creditors. unemployment is there to protect the entire economic system, not just those who have lost their job.

That's their problem. Only line of credit I have is my house. I don't see why the rest of us should have to suffer, and why the govt takes my money out of my pocket, to help someone else. If I want to help someone out, I will. I shouldn't be held at gunpoint and forced to do so. Especially when I KNOW that my tax dollars are buying them cigarettes and 40s, paying Escalade payments, cell bills, etc. I don't drive a fucking Cadillac, and I bust my ass to get what I have. Why should they have better when they don't lift a finger, other than to change a shitty diaper on one of their 13 different kids with 19 different fathers?

Irresponsible and lazy behavior, under no circumstance, should be awarded, accepted, promoted, etc. And that is EXACTLY what welfare does. Get rid of all of it. Social security, medicare, etc. Nobody else has planned for my future. That's my responsibility, and nobody else's. Why should anyone else be treated any differently? It's survival of the fittest. You can't survive, it's not my problem.

Welfare disrupts basic survival instinct. It removes the NEED to get off your ass and support yourself, or your family. When the need is removed, so is the desire. That's the problem with welfare.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            That's their problem. Only line of credit I have is my house. I don't see why the rest of us should have to suffer, and why the govt takes my money out of my pocket, to help someone else. If I want to help someone out, I will. I shouldn't be held at gunpoint and forced to do so. Especially when I KNOW that my tax dollars are buying them cigarettes and 40s, paying Escalade payments, cell bills, etc. I don't drive a fucking Cadillac, and I bust my ass to get what I have. Why should they have better when they don't lift a finger, other than to change a shitty diaper on one of their 13 different kids with 19 different fathers?

Irresponsible and lazy behavior, under no circumstance, should be awarded, accepted, promoted, etc. And that is EXACTLY what welfare does. Get rid of all of it. Social security, medicare, etc. Nobody else has planned for my future. That's my responsibility, and nobody else's. Why should anyone else be treated any differently? It's survival of the fittest. You can't survive, it's not my problem.

Welfare disrupts basic survival instinct. It removes the NEED to get off your ass and support yourself, or your family. When the need is removed, so is the desire. That's the problem with welfare.
                            Agreed 100 percent. That why I drive old ass cars that I can pay cash for. All this free credit they gave out for the last ten years has flat bit everyone in the ass. Whats really bad is that the people paying their bills and living within a budget are the ones getting screwed. I know people that quit paying their 2000 sq foot house payment just to get on one of the new assistance programs. Makes me fing sick.
                            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                              Agreed 100 percent. That why I drive old ass cars that I can pay cash for. All this free credit they gave out for the last ten years has flat bit everyone in the ass. Whats really bad is that the people paying their bills and living within a budget are the ones getting screwed. I know people that quit paying their 2000 sq foot house payment just to get on one of the new assistance programs. Makes me fing sick.
                              LOL... I drive a 99 Saab that I got for free and have my >1600sqft house that I bought in 2000 when I was making $45K a year. My wife has a newer Explorer, but I keep her in something big enough for the kids and under warranty since I'm not around as much as I should.

Oh ya... forgot about a beat-up Mustang II in the garage.

Comment

Problem is, people are too proud to live with less. People in the great depression sucked it up and lived how they could. I know a person the remembers living in a tent near a riverbed and digging up clams to eat during the depression.

God forbid we do that again...everyone's gotta be a $30K millionaire.
                                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                                X