No announcement yet.

Moore's Beach Monster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good point Brian, because morality is standard across the world. Every culture has the exact same moral standards as the other, they don't differ at all. It must be because there is a single, unifying god. Oh wait, morals do differ across the world...even within the same cultures...shit.

It's a shame that morality has never had an explaination. Something such as how it may help to be beneficial to other members of your species as it will increase your own ability to carry on your genetic line. It's too bad we don't see examples of this in blood bats nor do we see extreme cases of it in hymenoptera.

It must be the Bible, that everyone in the world follows...even the bees.

Comment

I dont know why anyone responds to brian. The best thing to do is ignore him and he will grow bored and go away. He isnt up for a debate, he is in for the entertainment factor and has already stated that. Nothing anyone says will change his mind so telling him grass is green and posting links as to why its green and even posting a picture wont change his mind if he believes its really pink.

Brian it boils down to two things. Either believe what we can actually see happen with our own eyes in front of us or believe what someone says we should because many people decided to add to their stories to a book based on "faith" much like the same faith I had that Santa was real when I was a child. I find it funny that you find the big bang theory so hard to believe yet you believe there is this being in the clouds above you that molded humans through magic.

The day I can see God then Ill believe he is real, untill then Ill stick with what I can see and if I need to later, admit I was wrong.

The best thing anyone can do from here on out is ignore this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianC View Post
        You've never heard of primordial ooze?? Then you never listened in your science classes growing up... that's sad...

And I responded to all of the posts - you just didn't notice what I was responding to.

I don't have any "followers" nor do I want any. I don't go brag to anyone. And yes, I'll let our conversation speak for itself here. The skulls do not look a like. The characteristics are very different. But hey, you believe what you want. And I did explain what I believed, you just didn't read it. I stay pretty objective with my belief on what this is. I give my speculation, but I admit that I haven't a clue what it is. I certainly can see that it's not a beaked whale, though.
        Like I said, I'm done arguing. I don't know what the age difference is between us, but perhaps we weren't taught the same curriculum. Perhaps the theory I taught is now the more prominent one. Curriculums change. Kids now are being taught that there are only eight planets in our solar system when even all throughout college I was taught that there was nine. Anyways, merry christmas.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

No, logically, morals should not be the same across the world. Morals differ with each belief system. However, everyone borrows morals from the Bible. Otherwise, it would be survival of the fittest. Evolutionists are hypocrits and they need to start living by their own lack of morals and go out and start stealing from people so they can survive. Survival of the fittest. lol

Comment

No, logically, morals should not be the same across the world. Morals differ with each belief system. However, everyone borrows morals from the Bible. Otherwise, it would be survival of the fittest. Evolutionists are hypocrits and they need to start living by their own lack of morals and go out and start stealing from people so they can survive. Survival of the fittest. lol
            Man, it's a good thing you read and understood my last post. Because that allowed you to follow up with a post that wasn't completely circular.

Wait...

Comment

Was theft not a crime before the Ten Commandments?

Comment

Granted, Steven Hawking isn't a scientist, but he's going off of what other scientists have said. In fact, Kent Hovind shows tons of quotes in his seminar and references the articles in which they are quoted. Scientists DO say the universe came out of nothing. You need to do more research...
                Umm, excuse me, but Steven Hawking IS a scientist

This category includes questions about the life and works of physicist Stephen Hawking. Stephen Hawking suffers from ALS, which has left him severely paralyzed.

And since you brought up Kent Hovind, do you agree with him on his Hydroplate and Ice Shield "theories"?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  Umm, excuse me, but Steven Hawking IS a scientist

This category includes questions about the life and works of physicist Stephen Hawking. Stephen Hawking suffers from ALS, which has left him severely paralyzed.

And since you brought up Kent Hovind, do you agree with him on his Hydroplate and Ice Shield "theories"?
                  He's a theoretical physicist. He's about as much of a scientist as the guy who thought of the teleporter on the starship enterprise. BrianC was correct in his statement. Basically, Hawkings comes up with ideas, and scientists try to prove him wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                    He's a theoretical physicist. He's about as much of a scientist as the guy who thought of the teleporter on the starship enterprise. BrianC was correct in his statement. Basically, Hawkings comes up with ideas, and scientists try to prove him wrong.
                    Correct. You could never claim a theoretical physicist is a scientist. Steven Hawking is no more a scientist than, say, Galileo, Albert Einstein, Nikolai Tesla, Robert Oppenheimer and Sir Issac Newton(all theoretical physicists). None of those men were real scientists...... Wait, what?
                    Last edited by Maddhattter; 12-04-2010, 11:36 PM. Reason: Noted scientists needed some clarification.
                    Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                      Correct. You could never claim a theoretical physicist is a scientist. Steven Hawking is no more a scientist than, say, Galileo, Albert Einstein, Nikolai Tesla, Robert Oppenheimer and Sir Issac Newton(all theoretical physicists). None of those men were real scientists...... Wait, what?
                      The difference is that those guys came up with theories and tested them and used them in experiments. Given, he does stick to astrological theories, making them a bit harder to prove than something that could be reproduced on earth. He's a smart guy, and not considering him a scientist might not be giving him the credit he deserves, but for the most part, he makes a lot of claims based on mathematics without much physical proof of those claims.

Comment

I will agree with the hard headed creationist and say its not a beaked whale. It's obviously a transitional animal that came from the beaked whale through evolution! duh!
                        Originally posted by Marisa
                        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                          The difference is that those guys came up with theories and tested them and used them in experiments. Given, he does stick to astrological theories, making them a bit harder to prove than something that could be reproduced on earth. He's a smart guy, and not considering him a scientist might not be giving him the credit he deserves, but for the most part, he makes a lot of claims based on mathematics without much physical proof of those claims.
                          I will have to concede that I don't know whether or not he actually does any experimentation, doing a quick search, I do see references to him as both a physicist and a theoretical physicist. Leaving me to assume that he does do experimentation.

I do have to contend on a semantic note that he would still be a scientist, regardless of his participation of experimentation. As scientist is defined as a person learned in science and especially natural science.
                          Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                            I will have to concede that I don't know whether or not he actually does any experimentation, doing a quick search, I do see references to him as both a physicist and a theoretical physicist. Leaving me to assume that he does do experimentation.

I do have to contend on a semantic note that he would still be a scientist, regardless of his participation of experimentation. As scientist is defined as a person learned in science and especially natural science.
                            True but without the scientific process, it's just a bunch of theories. While I'm sure there are plenty of people out there testing his theories with his assistance some of the things he theoreticizes about are beyond our technological capabilities right now. He seems very focused on black holes and learning more about them which is great but it's hard to study something you can't see. The only actual proof that we have that black holes exists are shifts in light due to high gravitational forces in parts of space that appear to have nothing there. Like I said before, I probably didn't give him enough credit, but after taking a couple of astronomy and physics classes there really are some "out-there" theories being proposed.

Comment

Wow.
                              Originally posted by davbrucas
                              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Who the hell let this assclown register...

Comment

Working...
                                X