Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Hughes Amendment Not Actually Pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Hughes Amendment Not Actually Pass?

I didn't know much about the Hughes Amendment before I read this thread, but I've always thought it was a gyp that I am a responsible adult, and have to go the NFA route for the stuff that seems to be the most fun, nevermind that a lot of what's out there is getting kind of long in the tooth to say the least. Anyway, here's the thread in question, detailing an attempt to recover a record of the actual vote on the Amendment, since the CSPAN tapes are apparently destroyed:

***edit***** The footage has arived a6Mx2UcSEvQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ I don't usually post in this forum, but there is an ongoing project that I'd like to share.

Let me know if you guys can't access it, and I'll copy & paste, and cherry-pick the relevant info.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

There is speculation that it did no pass, as it was an unrecorded voice vote.... but it is on the books so we have to deal with it.

The supreme court has said that once something is law, they will not challenge it on the basis of questionable passing.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Whether or not the Hughes amendment passed or not, you'd still have follow the NFA rules to buy shit.

That being said, the way Ive understood it is that it wasnt unknown. People knew about it and it was thrown in as an attempt to stop FOPA of 86 from passing. However, it did.

Regardless, FOPA of 86 helped more than it hurt.

Win some, lose some.

They want to get rid of it, better call your reps and get your money together. Personally, there's more important shit to worry about.

Comment

Thanks for the insight, David.

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        There is speculation that it did no pass, as it was an unrecorded voice vote.... but it is on the books so we have to deal with it.

The supreme court has said that once something is law, they will not challenge it on the basis of questionable passing.
        Anyone know of any? I saw sigmas and ruger sr9 at academy will be on sale. Hoping someone does a little better than that.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Hughes Amendment voting. Fucking chaos. LOL

Thanks to the calguns Foundation for providing the account to host this stuff.after 8 hours of uploading... here is the full raw footage:http://vimeo.com/191...

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            Hughes Amendment voting. Fucking chaos. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2UcSEvQ
            God damn, Rangel was a crooked fuck even back then.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              God damn, Rangel was a crooked fuck even back then.
              No shit.

Comment

A bunch of guys on ARFcom are trying to register new machineguns now and enclosing a copy of the video. If they get denied they are going to sue the gubment. Doubt it will go anywhere, but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                X