Last public position...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last public position...

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has once more reiterated that she will not run for president in 2012, going so far as to refer to her current role in government as "my last public position."
    Originally posted by Denny
    I call dibs on Don's balls!

Don't tease me. She probably realizes that with this POTUS, the Dems are done for a while, a la Jimmy Carter. By the time they have a shot at the big house, she'll be too old.

Comment

Disengage from the sinking ship so that she can regroup and come back after throwing blame on the next POTUS. She's looking at 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        Disengage from the sinking ship so that she can regroup and come back after throwing blame on the next POTUS. She's looking at 2016.
        She'll be 70 by then. I think the odds of her running go down exponentially in 2016.

IMO she has a damn good chance of winning the nomination in 2012. She might even have a chance to win if Palin is the Republican nominee. I think her announcement is bullshit, but we won't know for sure for one more year. If she resigns in 2011, then she's running. I would have expected her to announce a resignation soon but the Wikilinks thing is probably preventing her from doing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          She'll be 70 by then. I think the odds of her running go down exponentially in 2016.

IMO she has a damn good chance of winning the nomination in 2012. She might even have a chance to win if Palin is the Republican nominee. I think her announcement is bullshit, but we won't know for sure for one more year. If she resigns in 2011, then she's running. I would have expected her to announce a resignation soon but the Wikilinks thing is probably preventing her from doing that.
          Palin won't be the nominee. She'll create a stir for a while, but end up uniting with whoever it is, and campaigning for them. I think she's a lot less selfish than people think. I feel like Hillary at 70 will be too old (I mentioned her age in post 3). Reagan was an anomoly, but I think there's a bit of a youth movement in politics right now, and it would be tough to run a 70-year-old out there, no matter the party. Besides, I'm not the sure the stench from Obama will be gone by 2016. The fecal matter that Carter left behind kept Reps in office (easily) for 12 years.

Comment

It's not like Hillary has never told a lie to deflect.

Comment

A woman should never be POTUS. We have the closest thing in there now and look at how that is going. Weak and being taken advantage of...

Comment

no doubt hillary has more balls then obama... but I think she is to moderate for the 2012 race. for 2012 I cant see obama moving any closer to the center, and I do not see the republicans nominating a moderate.

Comment

Like one of my IT Professors said, if Hillary gave Barack one of her balls, they'd each have two. :biggrin:
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

That bitch is trollin'.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Yep. Back in the early days, if you wanted to run for Prez, you had to actively state you didn't want the position, and jostle around it until you were nominated. People were suspicious of the motives of anyone who WANTED to be President, and wouldn't give them the time of day. Poli Science 101.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                        A woman should never be POTUS. We have the closest thing in there now and look at how that is going. Weak and being taken advantage of...
                        Margaret Thatcher was a pretty damn good PM, and the Brit's loved her.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          Margaret Thatcher was a pretty damn good PM, and the Brit's loved her.
                          Truth. The Jews loved Golda Meir too, FWIW.
                          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                          X