Senate blocks Bush tax cut extension.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by asphaltjunkie View Post
    what's wrong with paying your fucking taxes? maybe if all the ballers out there would actually PAY their taxes, instead of finding deduction after deduction and write off after write off, we wouldn't be in such a big fucking hole.....
    A lot is wrong with paying income tax on wages earned. Not a lot is wrong with reasonable capital gains taxes, estate taxes, or excise taxes. Also, more money is not the answer. If you gave the government every last dollar it needed this year, it would still spend more next year, because the whole system is geared to justify next year's budget on this year's expenditures over budget. They purposely go over budget trying to justify an increase in next year's budget. That's beside the point. The flow of capital should not be dammed up and diverted, like so much water. It may need to seek its own level like water, but from there, the similarity ends. This is where a VAT would be handy, because your earnings would be wholy yours, and you could spend them as you see fit. Instead of taxing you on what you make, you would only be taxed on what you buy, encouraging saving rather than borrowing. Would it reduce demand for cheap loans? Drastically. Oh well, poor bankers!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by mikeb View Post
      I want to see some guarantee that if we pay higher taxes the additional amount would be used to reduce the deficit instead of going toward increased spending. That will never happen though. What will happen with increased taxes is the aforementioned additional spending and then we'll be right back in the same spot, with high deficits, and the politicians saying that we need higher taxes. For that reason, i'm staunchly against tax increases. Washington needs to have it's spending reigned in.
      Not going to happen under the current system of taxation. The system is gamed to encourage a year over year increase in federal debt.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Look, asphaltjunkie, the problem isn't people paying taxes or not. The taxes that ARE collected should be more than enough for our nation to function as it is. The problem we're in is the people in power that are at the controls of the money are mismanaging what they receive through poor decisions and overspending. You and many others have been duped into believing that if "We the People" put more into our government through higher taxation, that the problem would correct itself. In all reality, the government would just spend and mismanage more; possibly at a higher level of wrecklessness.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
          Damn, Denny. Sounds like you're doing pretty well if you don't want to pay more money for being in the +250K bracket. Maybe I nned to get some career path advice from you.
          I've been doing crap that many people don't want to do in an environment that no one wants to go for a long time. I've missed out on a lot of my family's life and I've robbed them of having a complete family. The least I can get is a decent compensation for them. Now, that isn't worth it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
            If you gave the government every last dollar it needed this year, it would still spend more next year, because the whole system is geared to justify next year's budget on this year's expenditures over budget. They purposely go over budget trying to justify an increase in next year's budget.
            That is not only absolutely true, but in so many ways the root of the problem. The system not only allows, but encourages and expects overspending. I don't know how many times I have heard, in mid-September, "We still have $xxx,xxx,xxx in the budget for the F.Y., get those 'want' lists turned into supply. If we don't spend it all, we won't get as much next year". It really sickened me how broken the system was and is.
            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

we dont pay as we go, like most americans the government buys everything on credit, we are still paying off stuff from the cold war.

Comment

Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
                we dont pay as we go, like most americans the government buys everything on credit, we are still paying off stuff from the cold war.
                And we are spending money that MY great grandchildren will be making an attempt to pay off (if we're even in this country then).

Comment

Also not to mention most people who have medical Insurance who work will be paying close to $1500 a MONTH for a family of 2!

How on earth did our country come to this! Most peoples mortgage payment isnt $1500. They wonder why people who are middle class dont have kids. Well you add up $1500 a month for your medical insurance & then another $1200 for childcare. Thats $2700 a month just so your kids can go to the doctor & a daycare while you work to pay Uncle Sam

Lets not even get started on normal bills! Its way out of hand & soon there will only be THE RICH & THE POOR here in America!

Cause the Rich get loop holes to avoid taxes & the poor dont pay taxes. So who is paying for all this shit!

The Middle Class is! Which I might add is about to be extinct. Once America makes this gap. Its hard to ever close that gap & create a middle class once its gone!
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  And while his kidney stones pass,
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Just charge everyone a flat 10% tax on earned income for individuals and a 10% tax on profit for businesses and get on with life.

10% is good enough for God... it ought a be good enough for any Government.
                    www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                      Also not to mention most people who have medical Insurance who work will be paying close to $1500 a MONTH for a family of 2!

How on earth did our country come to this! Most peoples mortgage payment isnt $1500. They wonder why people who are middle class dont have kids. Well you add up $1500 a month for your medical insurance & then another $1200 for childcare. Thats $2700 a month just so your kids can go to the doctor & a daycare while you work to pay Uncle Sam

Lets not even get started on normal bills! Its way out of hand & soon there will only be THE RICH & THE POOR here in America!

Cause the Rich get loop holes to avoid taxes & the poor dont pay taxes. So who is paying for all this shit!

The Middle Class is! Which I might add is about to be extinct. Once America makes this gap. Its hard to ever close that gap & create a middle class once its gone!

Damn that is some expensive ass medical insurance. I pay 200 a month for myself and spouse with 0 deductible and 100% coverage.
                      www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                        Just charge everyone a flat 10% tax on earned income for individuals and a 10% tax on profit for businesses and get on with life.

10% is good enough for God... it ought a be good enough for any Government.
                        How about leaving the income and gains alone, as it is unconstitutional and just a flat 15% on any sales? Sales tax has the potential to get to more people than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                          Damn that is some expensive ass medical insurance. I pay 200 a month for myself and spouse with 0 deductible and 100% coverage.
                          Because you are lucky enough to have an employer that covers the rest of the cost, keeping it hidden to you.

There seems to be a lot of people speaking about the rich avoiding taxes. They don't get out of it all together, they still pay plenty. Some of you are speaking as if the rich don't pay taxes at all. And if they are exploiting loopholes that are there, more power to them. The rich worked hard for what they have, not the government. I'll exploit every fucking loophole I can, because it's my money that I worked for, not the government.
                          Last edited by bcoop; 12-05-2010, 02:18 PM.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I don't see the rich taking advantage of every loophole they can as being any different than me taking every deduction I can.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              That is not only absolutely true, but in so many ways the root of the problem. The system not only allows, but encourages and expects overspending. I don't know how many times I have heard, in mid-September, "We still have $xxx,xxx,xxx in the budget for the F.Y., get those 'want' lists turned into supply. If we don't spend it all, we won't get as much next year". It really sickened me how broken the system was and is.
                              I work for a municipality and hear this as well as living in the same city. It makes me soooooooooooo freakin sick to hear folk say it. Me working here is as close to a conflict of interest as it can be.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Because you are lucky enough to have an employer that covers the rest of the cost, keeping it hidden to you.
                                No, $2500 a month for coverage of 2 is huge ass expensive.

<--- BC/BS TX $30 co-pay, $1000 deductible, 80/20 -> $1300/mo for 2 adults, 2 kids. Nothing hidden, I see the bill every quarter. Individual policy not a group policy.
                                Originally posted by Denny
                                I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Working...
                                X