Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DoubleTap Penetration and expansion of various calibers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
    Are you drawing a similarity?
    "modern cartridge[s] that [have] seemingly [fallen] off the face of the earth"

To elaborate: given the fact that many manufacturers continue to produce weapons chambered for it, it hasn't really fallen off the face of the earth.
    Last edited by Nash B.; 01-17-2012, 03:21 PM.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      It's left out because the .44 mag is not a concealable cartridge. Who uses it for concealed carry? This was a self defense test, denim, cotton clothing, penetration... all of this is applicable to concealed carry.
      I bet Adam could conceal it

Comment

Since I bought my Glock 21SF to convert to 10mm and have started keeping an eye out, I will say that 10mm ammo is readily availabe everywhere I've shopped. No its not as abundant or offered in as many options as the run of the mill cartridges but there has definitely been availability and a decent selection everywhere I've looked.

Sent from my Super Schweet G2
        1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
        2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
        2000 F250 4x4 PSD
        2012 Ford Exploder
        www.fquick.com/payne5757
        www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

Originally posted by payne5757 View Post
          Since I bought my Glock 21SF to convert to 10mm and have started keeping an eye out, I will say that 10mm ammo is readily availabe everywhere I've shopped. No its not as abundant or offered in as many options as the run of the mill cartridges but there has definitely been availability and a decent selection everywhere I've looked.

Sent from my Super Schweet G2
          OK what do you consider everywhere? If it can be found at Walmart I'd consider that "everywhere". But I've yet to see any 10mm there but I do find regularly there .357 Sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
            I bet Adam could conceal it
            There's a .44mag Night Guard.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
              There's a .44mag Night Guard.
              A 10mm would best a .44 magnum night guard in energy delivery. .44 is awful in short barrels. Usually <1000fps. .44 is loaded with slow burning powder for longer barrels.

396NG Buffalo Bore.. JHP.......185gr....1097.0 fps
              396NG Handload..... SWC.......245gr.....659.8 fps
              396NG Speer........... JHP.......200gr.....762.6 fps
              .44 Magnum by barrel length
              1" 742 FPS
              2" 935
              3" 1067
              4" 1165
              5" 1239
              6" 1298
              7" 1345
              8" 1384
              9" 1417
              10" 1445
              11" 1469
              12" 1490
              13" 1508
              14" 1525
              15" 1539
              16" 1552
              17" 1564
              18" 1575
              there you go, the .44 magnum night guard has a best velocity of 1097fps @ 185gr projectile. A 10mm compact witness will send that same projectile weight out the barrel at 1200-1300fps.

*Throws reloading books through window, spikes delta elite on floor*
              Last edited by CJ; 01-17-2012, 04:53 PM.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm not shooting any of that 10mm out of my Night Guard, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                  I'm not shooting any of that 10mm out of my Night Guard, BTW.
                  gtfo with that. You have a revolver, you're going to shoot thermonuclear fusion based rounds out of it. You can pull the rounds out of your revolver and throw them as grenades they will be so powerful.

Revolvers are awesome for 10mm.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

gtfo with that. You have a revolver, you're going to shoot thermonuclear fusion based rounds out of it. You can pull the rounds out of your revolver and throw them as grenades they will be so powerful.

Revolvers are awesome for 10mm.
                    Wait until I locate a suitable 610, and can get a cylinder made for it, and you can load me 2500fps 10mm mag, for when I'm messin' with sasquatch.

Comment

It's left out because the .44 mag is not a concealable cartridge. Who uses it for concealed carry? This was a self defense test, denim, cotton clothing, penetration... all of this is applicable to concealed carry.
                      What about Adam's .454 Casull? That's concealable to him, or you for that matter.

Comment

Well then, let's compare apples to apples.

What was the barrel length of the test 10mm?

Comment

Just because the FBI's limp wristed agents needed a short and weak version - the .40S&W - doesn't mean anything was wrong with the 10mm.
                          You should be more specific. It was the limp wristed FEMALE FBI agents that killed the 10mm; bitches can't deal with a 10mm.
                          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            You should be more specific. It was the limp wristed FEMALE FBI agents that killed the 10mm; bitches can't deal with a 10mm.
                            You're all right by me, dude.

Comment

Well then, let's compare apples to apples.

What was the barrel length of the test 10mm?
                              Guess what, it's longer! Why?! Because it isn't in an outdated archaic framed revolver! mwa hahaha! The new 10mm cartridge is in a semi auto, which allows for a larger barrel in a smaller frame with the same overall size. And that is precisely why this test is about carry weapons and self defense. If a .44 mag carry revolver was in this test, it would not put the 10mm to shame at all. Quite the opposite. Remember - I'm the same guy that made the thread praising how badass the .44 magnum cartridge is - in a full frame revolver. When it comes to compact carry weapons, it has no place.

Comment

What about Adam's .454 Casull? That's concealable to him, or you for that matter.
                                Sure, but I have a good feeling it's going to be quite surprising in front of my chronograph - which I hope Adam will let me do soon! My point is, in carry weapons the 10mm is better than the .44. It just doesn't do well in short barrels. However, the .44 mag is in a totally different ballpark when it comes to full frame guns, like 5"+ barrels. However, the 10mm has a special place - it's a semi auto cartridge, not a revolver cartridge. You can find full frame guns that can hold 15 rounds of 10mm - that's impressive. When it comes to semi auto the 10mm is one of the king dicks. When it comes to revolver cartridges the .44 is about 5 clicks below the top of the charts any longer. I still love the hell out of it (it's one of my favorites) but I think your opinion of the 10mm being outdated, archaic, old, and out of use is hardly the truth. I bet you in 10 years the 10mm will be considerably more popular. It's been resurging in popularity recently, and I can find it at academy, dicks sporting goods, gun ranges, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X