96 GT update pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 GT update pic

some of you may remember that I bought my old car back late last year. The original idea was to buy it, make it look nicer and drive it.

Well, after replacing every single suspension component, heater core, windshield, entire exhaust, transmission, most of the steering components, most of the spark components, a majority of the interior, wheels & tires, and a passenger door I'll start making it look better. Needless to say it's taking much longer than anticipated.

Anyway, here it is.... still slow (it will always be slow)

The front bumper is rattle-canned to match the unknown red color that the car was painted by the previous owner. I was pretty happy with the way it turned out for $10 worth of paint

that looks really good. seems like a lot of work/$ though!
    www.hppmotorsports.com
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

love it!

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Looks good. More pics. Replaced all that stuff and only give us one picture.

Comment

what it looked like when I sold it

I loved those fucking wheels.

Comment

Looks good
            Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Looks great. Now tint those windows
              2012 SRT8 Challenger 392 Hemi-6 speed
              Bright Silver Metallic w/ Black Stripes
              Leg Maker Inc. 4"Carbon Fiber CAI
              Speedlogix Catch Can
              Resonator Delete

Comment

still trying to find out why the wheels are pushed back so far?
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                  still trying to find out why the wheels are pushed back so far?
                  Actually I had Greg at Five Star Collision take a look at it on their rack last week. He told me the k-member has been pushed back and needs adjustment. He quoted me a few hundred to fix it but I thought I could do it at home. I tried last weekend, and failed. I moved it, but I couldn't get it perfectly straight. So I'll be taking it back to him when I can get around to it.

At least nothing is bent.

Comment

Originally posted by STRONGNUFF View Post
                    Looks great. Now tint those windows
                    Somewhat interesting story. This car is 16 years old and has changed hands at least 5 times and has never had tint.

Comment

pm sent.
                      Your local VW parts Master.....need a part?

Comment

Find more bbs!
                        Ded

Comment

Guess someone at some point replaced the back bumper since the side marker lights are no longer shaved? What about where you filled the seam around the license plate surround? Your old build thread inspired me to have all the same work done on my old Mystic. It looked amazing after Henry painted it. Maybe one day I'll be able to track it down again

How did that T45 trans work out? Were you able to have it rebuilt?
                          --Marcus

Comment

looking good. what are you plans on making it look better?

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                              Guess someone at some point replaced the back bumper since the side marker lights are no longer shaved? What about where you filled the seam around the license plate surround? Your old build thread inspired me to have all the same work done on my old Mystic. It looked amazing after Henry painted it. Maybe one day I'll be able to track it down again

How did that T45 trans work out? Were you able to have it rebuilt?
                              Front bumper, rear bumper, deck lid, and new (old) brakes were on it when I got it back. I bought another deck lid to re-do the license plate surround and wing holes, just haven't had time. I'll get a new back bumper without lettering and a Cobra front bumper as money allows. After I get all that, Then I'll have it repainted, which is the main money concern obviously.

The T45 worked out great. I really appreciate you handing it over like you did. It really saved my ass. I paid it forward to someone else with the 3550 that was in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X