Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is going on with Form 3's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YALE View Post
    The ATF cut a lot of staff for the sequester. Could they have used it as an excuse to take the NFA branch down to a skeleton crew?
    Last I heard they just hired 9 new examiners.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      I had been told by many that those were just temps and they actually ended up with more people than they had before. Who knows, I don't know shit about what's going on at the NFA branch and neither does anyone else it seems. All gossip and rumor.
      Sounds like the IRS. Hey, wait a minute!
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'm hearing it from across the board that it's taking forever all of a sudden.
        Pretty much, I was hoping after the Sandy Hook / Gun Ban thing died down people would stop yelling the sky is falling.

I was told 2014 for my suppressor when it was submitted in March and went pending April.

I would love another SBR, but really no point in it to me, takes too long.

Comment

I have been waiting since the beginning of June for a form 4 correction. A fucking correction!
          Originally posted by lincolnboy
          After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
            The ATF cut a lot of staff for the sequester. Could they have used it as an excuse to take the NFA branch down to a skeleton crew?
            The guy handling my two Form 1s, is a sub contractor. I bet they cut direct hires and hired in the subs to cut the cost down. I have his email address from when he let me send him my paperwork via email two weeks ago. i can see who it is he actually works for. Iron Mountain (i know not it) or something like that.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              I have been waiting since the beginning of June for a form 4 correction. A fucking correction!
              I sold my mp5 because of an error letter regarding a sear. It took 2 months of arguing. Finally said fuck it and sold it to someone else to let them worry about it.

Comment

Nevermind, 86 what I just said. Just called the ATF and the form was approved two days ago.

Comment

Nevermind, 86 what I just said. Just called the ATF and the form was approved two days ago.
                  I called a few hours ago to check on my two Form 1s. What was 2 weeks, 2 weeks ago, turned into "should be another 60-90 days" today. Meh, no skin off my ass. I won't be home till late October anyways.

Comment

Just called and my M16 went pending on 07/29/13. I can't wait for the paperwork involved in this one. A form 3 transfer machine gun from a deceased SOT being transferred by the settlor on his will. This should be interesting.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Just called on my form 1 as well. Check was cashed mid Jan, it went pending on Feb 25 and she said they are taking between 8-9 months once pending.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                        Just called on my form 1 as well. Check was cashed mid Jan, it went pending on Feb 25 and she said they are taking between 8-9 months once pending.
                        My most recent one took 2 months to go from check cashed to pending. This use to take a week or two.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

My most recent one took 2 months to go from check cashed to pending. This use to take a week or two.
                          This is getting ridiculous and there doesn't seem to be a solution in sight.

Comment

We need to write our senators. If I compose another letter and supply it to you guys, would you send it in? This is the only way to get shit done.

Comment

The whole dept needs o be abolished. Brings these guns down to $500

Comment

We need to write our senators. If I compose another letter and supply it to you guys, would you send it in? This is the only way to get shit done.
                                write it and post it, we will send it

Comment

Working...
                                X