extended takedown pins for AR-15?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extended takedown pins for AR-15?

Anyone here run the YHM pins, or something else for easier take down pin removal? Curious to hear if anyone is.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

I never saw the need until I built the NFA poly lower. The front does not stick out the left side.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Dowel pins?
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

I just use a bullet and push them out, or a twig or anything else i can get my hands on.

Comment

Nope. I just push them out like said above. Anything I can get my hands on.

Comment

I've run and installed the extended pins. Not any easier to pull IMO still have to pop it from the left side to get it over the detent. Personally I like the way they look only real reason I run em.

Comment

What about this guy's pin with a ring on it:

Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                If you like it you should put a ring on it?

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post

lol california.

Yeah I have seen those, not sure if I want one of those rings banging into my receiver. The whole idea to be able to swap uppers effortlessly without damaging your pricey receiver with sticks and bullets.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I keep one of the plastic chamber things showing its not loaded in my case. It fits the pins perfect.

But usually i just grab something and push them out. Its just a ar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                      I keep one of the plastic chamber things showing its not loaded in my case. It fits the pins perfect.

Well, some receivers cost a bit more.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post

Unless it's NOT just 'an AR'
                        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                        dont downshift!!
                        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                          Unless it's NOT just 'an AR'
                          Break out the white gloves then.

Here is the thing i use when i actually think to use it.

Comment

I just don't want to carry around special tools and shit, seems like a no brainer. I'll pickup a set of these and see how they work.

Comment

extended takedown pins for AR-15?

Just bang on them with a screw driver. If you mess up your expensive receiver, then you got issues. It's not like they're super tiny puns that require a microscope.

Comment

Working...
                              X