Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have contact info for a DD SOT in the metroplex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have contact info for a DD SOT in the metroplex?

Looking to find a local SOT w/ DD stamp in the area. Has anyone done business with any?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Cj getting a grenade?

Comment

M203? I have been wanting one bad for some reason.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

yes, m203. They are proving difficult to acquire.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I was just looking at them a couple weeks ago from LMT for $1500. I thought any SOT could get one and was unaware they had to have a DD stamp
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
            I was just looking at them a couple weeks ago from LMT for $1500. I thought any SOT could get one and was unaware they had to have a DD stamp
            They can get 1 for themselves and LMT asks they don't sell it. Hence my problem. There are very few DD SOT's.

Comment

Youre just gonna have to become an SOT then.

truth.

Comment

I was going to be sarcastic and say have you tried googling it... but when I googled "DD SOT DFW" the only related thing was this thread.

Comment

Anyone have contact info for a DD SOT in the metroplex?

I only knew of one company actually licensed in DD transfers and they got mad at the ATF and closed up after 40 years. Only other place I know of was a place in smithville called EBR inc or something. Don't know of they are still open.

Probably best to just call Clyde's armory and buy just the receiver as a title 1 and then register the launcher yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                    Probably best to just call Clyde's armory and buy just the receiver as a title 1 and then register the launcher yourself.
                    I'm trying to avoid that if I can, but it seems like the only viable way to do it. Just form 1 a DD and buy the tube once the transfer is complete.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I'm trying to avoid that if I can, but it seems like the only viable way to do it. Just form 1 a DD and buy the tube once the transfer is complete.

Why avoid it? Not anymore difficult than doing an SBR.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                        Why avoid it? Not anymore difficult than doing an SBR.
                        The Clyde receiver, looks like it's missing more than just the barrel. Is there anything additional needed? Or is it truly just the barrel that locks in and you're good to go?
                        Last edited by CJ; 03-18-2014, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          The Clyde receiver, looks like it's missing more than just the barrel. Is there anything additional needed? Or is it truly just the barrel that locks in and you're good to go?
                          Looks like its just the barrel and the mounting kit/handguards you would need with the complete unit anyway. The barrel just slides on and off with a detent. Seems like thats the way to go. M203 group buy?

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                            M203 group buy?

Comment

I will become a DD dealer if there is an actual group buy.
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                              X